Sign in to follow this  
wortley

The new world

Sorry you are taking this personally..

Not taking it personally Manxscorpio although I have just cut through the lawnmower cable and the trip didn't trip so perhaps someone is out to get me....:)

Not taking it personally Manxscorpio although I have just cut through the lawnmower cable and the trip didn't trip so perhaps someone is out to get me....:)

Get down to B&Q in the morning.... maybe we should all forget about the Euro and move into BitCoins......

Perhaps EDF (a French company) have pulled the plug on you! Ed.

The government petition page is interesting, numbers currently going up by about 2500 a minute. It will be ignored but the parlimentry debate should be interesting.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/131215

Of course...this is a non-starter.... it would be a non ending referendum.. referendum... referendum.... meanwhile EU would have disintegrated.. LOL..

The government petition page is interesting, numbers currently going up by about 2500 a minute. It will be ignored but the parlimentry debate should be interesting.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/131215

waste of time, I was a remain voter. We have a democracy, leave won.

We need to accept and embrace that.

I saw a good poster on Facebook today, it said something about now we've left support your local British businesses and buy local produce. Naturally I went straight to morrisons!

I saw a good poster on Facebook today, it said something about now we've left support your local British businesses and buy local produce. Naturally I went straight to morrisons!

Yes you should always bend over and take everything right up the ,,,,

Yes you should always bend over and take everything right up the ,,,,

AND..... the biggest and only Supermarket in Gibraltar.... !!!!

AND..... the biggest and only Supermarket in Gibraltar.... !!!!

So the UK can withdraw from the Maastricht treaty and the Lisbon treaty , but the French can't withdraw from a treaty about controlling our border for us? Pull my other leg!

Of course they can under article 23 of the Le Touquet agreement. Interestingly it requires a two year notice of termination neatly fitting into the EU treaty withdrawl timescale.

So the UK can withdraw from the Maastricht treaty and the Lisbon treaty , but the French can't withdraw from a treaty about controlling our border for us? Pull my other leg!

Of course they can under article 23 of the Le Touquet agreement. Interestingly it requires a two year notice of termination neatly fitting into the EU treaty withdrawl timescale.

Unfortunately with the vote so close and less than 3 quarters of those allowed to vote choosing to do so we are in a position where the people who voted Leave for a joke thinking it would not happen and those voting purely on football rivalry have probably swung it. A lot of people have said they did not vote as they were not sure but happier that things stay the same....so should have voted remain. I think the vote was not necessarily wholly based on the EU. A lot of votes were to stick fingers up to UK politics in general and now with both main parties in a mews they have got their way. Now we need a proper EU referendum with everyone voting as mandatory. More information about what things may change have started to come out that were never mentioned by the campaigners. The TV debates were a waste of time and gave away nothing. It was posturing for number 10 and leaderships. Its all about Boris and Jeremy Corbyn now, not the BREXIT. I think the vote was dangerously close and won't do us any good at all. It would have been better 70/30 but would never be.

• Like 1

Unfortunately with the vote so close and less than 3 quarters of those allowed to vote choosing to do so we are in a position where the people who voted Leave for a joke thinking it would not happen and those voting purely on football rivalry have probably swung it. A lot of people have said they did not vote as they were not sure but happier that things stay the same....so should have voted remain. I think the vote was not necessarily wholly based on the EU. A lot of votes were to stick fingers up to UK politics in general and now with both main parties in a mews they have got their way. Now we need a proper EU referendum with everyone voting as mandatory. More information about what things may change have started to come out that were never mentioned by the campaigners. The TV debates were a waste of time and gave away nothing. It was posturing for number 10 and leaderships. Its all about Boris and Jeremy Corbyn now, not the BREXIT. I think the vote was dangerously close and won't do us any good at all. It would have been better 70/30 but would never be.

• Like 1

I see the French are already wanting to stop policing our border for us at Calais - instead are talking of dismantling the camps and letting the migrants go through to Dover so that Britain can control its own border there, and not accept illegal migrants back in France. So if that goes ahead how long it be before the other French ferry ports wash their hands too, and all border control and lorry searches for B/F routes will need to be done at Portsmouth, Poole and Plymouth ?

The French won't be doing anything...

French Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve: " Calling for the border with the English to be opened is not a responsible solution. It would sent a signal to people smugglers and would lead migrants to flow to Calais in far greater numbers. A humanitarian disaster would ensue. It is a foolhardy path and the Government will not pursue it."

Regional Prefect Fabienne Buccio: " The current arrangement can be seen to be working, the population has nearly halved since December, almost 80% of the 3200 or so migrants have sought asylum here in France. The message that the channel is now very hard to cross is getting through."

Emmanuel Macron's big mouth has seen him in trouble before. It looks as if he's in trouble again...

Wortley, The Maastricht Treaty no longer exists, it's the Treaty on European Union, TEU. The Lisbon or Reform Treaty is amendments to this and the old Treaty of Rome now the Treaty of the Functioning of the European Union.

The Lisbon Treaty has given overriding power to the European Parliament and European Council removing power from the Commission and doing away with the 6 month rotation by electing it's own full-time President. It now has full budgetary and legislation power which it uses fairly often. It threatened to block the Free Trade Agreement with South Korea, a move which many believe led indirectly to the STX sale and many believe is the reason for the degeneration of the trade negotiations with the USA & Latin America.

I see the French are already wanting to stop policing our border for us at Calais - instead are talking of dismantling the camps and letting the migrants go through to Dover so that Britain can control its own border there, and not accept illegal migrants back in France. So if that goes ahead how long it be before the other French ferry ports wash their hands too, and all border control and lorry searches for B/F routes will need to be done at Portsmouth, Poole and Plymouth ?

The French won't be doing anything...

French Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve: " Calling for the border with the English to be opened is not a responsible solution. It would sent a signal to people smugglers and would lead migrants to flow to Calais in far greater numbers. A humanitarian disaster would ensue. It is a foolhardy path and the Government will not pursue it."

Regional Prefect Fabienne Buccio: " The current arrangement can be seen to be working, the population has nearly halved since December, almost 80% of the 3200 or so migrants have sought asylum here in France. The message that the channel is now very hard to cross is getting through."

Emmanuel Macron's big mouth has seen him in trouble before. It looks as if he's in trouble again...

Wortley, The Maastricht Treaty no longer exists, it's the Treaty on European Union, TEU. The Lisbon or Reform Treaty is amendments to this and the old Treaty of Rome now the Treaty of the Functioning of the European Union.

The Lisbon Treaty has given overriding power to the European Parliament and European Council removing power from the Commission and doing away with the 6 month rotation by electing it's own full-time President. It now has full budgetary and legislation power which it uses fairly often. It threatened to block the Free Trade Agreement with South Korea, a move which many believe led indirectly to the STX sale and many believe is the reason for the degeneration of the trade negotiations with the USA & Latin America.

A lot of people have said they did not vote as they were not sure but happier that things stay the same....so should have voted remain. I think the vote was not necessarily wholly based on the EU. A lot of votes were to stick fingers up to UK politics in general and now with both main parties in a mews they have got their way.

Hopefully the one good thing that might come out of this debacle is that the young will realize that you need to register early to vote and once registered you do actually need to cast a vote as well.

Some certainly need to remember that out of Glastonbury or Glastonbury and a postal vote the latter is the wise choice. If they don't take that on board and act accordingly I'm afraid they will be shafted at every turn.

A lot of people have said they did not vote as they were not sure but happier that things stay the same....so should have voted remain. I think the vote was not necessarily wholly based on the EU. A lot of votes were to stick fingers up to UK politics in general and now with both main parties in a mews they have got their way.

Hopefully the one good thing that might come out of this debacle is that the young will realize that you need to register early to vote and once registered you do actually need to cast a vote as well.

Some certainly need to remember that out of Glastonbury or Glastonbury and a postal vote the latter is the wise choice. If they don't take that on board and act accordingly I'm afraid they will be shafted at every turn.

The voter age breakdown is interesting. A majority (and I mean those from England and Wales primarily) over 50 seems to feel betrayed by what the Europe they or their parents voted for has become and wants out. Everyone younger has never known any different and voted in. Ed.

The voter age breakdown is interesting. A majority (and I mean those from England and Wales primarily) over 50 seems to feel betrayed by what the Europe they or their parents voted for has become and wants out. Everyone younger has never known any different and voted in. Ed.

See Nicola Sturgeon wants to veto the result and block Brexit. Wishing her the very best of luck, if she can veto the result and we stay in, that means we stay in the EU and will have got shot of Cameron. Remain without Cameron - yes!!!!

• Like 1

See Nicola Sturgeon wants to veto the result and block Brexit. Wishing her the very best of luck, if she can veto the result and we stay in, that means we stay in the EU and will have got shot of Cameron. Remain without Cameron - yes!!!!

• Like 1

As one of the mentioned younger voters, I would say the time before we joined the EEA sounded pretty grim. We now live in a country where IMF bailouts, blackouts and three day working weeks all sound inconceivable.

As one of the mentioned younger voters, I would say the time before we joined the EEA sounded pretty grim. We now live in a country where IMF bailouts, blackouts and three day working weeks all sound inconceivable.

Boris has played a blinder, see how the campaign is going and if Leave have a chance, jump on that band wagon to ensure he can sway the result and then he gets rid of Cameron, then the next man in the running for OM Osborne and anyone else on the remain side. He now has a clear path to being PM. That's all it was for him and people believed otherwise.

• Like 1