Sign in to follow this  
wortley

The new world

It will be very difficult for anyone to force the Scots into doing something that their people voted against.

Wait and see!

I cant see them getting any change out of Europe as has been reported already... a long way to go....

It will be very difficult for anyone to force the Scots into doing something that their people voted against.

Wait and see!

I cant see them getting any change out of Europe as has been reported already... a long way to go....

Well another reason would be to echo the sentiments of those who are disillusioned with Brussels. The loss of sovereignty inherent in EU membership had long irked a proportion of the population, as had regulation affecting the environment, working hours, workers rights, financial services and even domestic appliances. 40 years of drip-drip media coverage about the out of touch bureaucrats in Brussels convinced a number of people to vote Leave. I remember listening to a representative of a Scottish Salmon company who thought it better to out of the EU because of the bureaucratic and costly regulations they were called upon to comply with. The number of regulations, most just silly, one being to re design their salmon packaging to include a health warning that "this food item contains fish".....

So we wreck the economy, devalue the pound to such an extent that it will enable the rest of the world to buy up the UK a knockdown price just because some Scottish salmon fisherman objects to putting a warning at a one off negligable cost on the products he sells. My grandaughter is allergic to white fish I really don't see the problem. If you think things like that are at all important ...well.

• Like 1

Well another reason would be to echo the sentiments of those who are disillusioned with Brussels. The loss of sovereignty inherent in EU membership had long irked a proportion of the population, as had regulation affecting the environment, working hours, workers rights, financial services and even domestic appliances. 40 years of drip-drip media coverage about the out of touch bureaucrats in Brussels convinced a number of people to vote Leave. I remember listening to a representative of a Scottish Salmon company who thought it better to out of the EU because of the bureaucratic and costly regulations they were called upon to comply with. The number of regulations, most just silly, one being to re design their salmon packaging to include a health warning that "this food item contains fish".....

So we wreck the economy, devalue the pound to such an extent that it will enable the rest of the world to buy up the UK a knockdown price just because some Scottish salmon fisherman objects to putting a warning at a one off negligable cost on the products he sells. My grandaughter is allergic to white fish I really don't see the problem. If you think things like that are at all important ...well.

• Like 1

It's already happened..... http://www.standard.co.uk/business/third-of-britains-infrastructure-has-foreign-owners-6543330.html

I think it was a large Scottish home and export company and the cost of this requirement alone apparently was massive....Ahemmm - If I look at a sealed package of salmon I would immediately realise that it actually contained fish !!!

It's already happened..... http://www.standard.co.uk/business/third-of-britains-infrastructure-has-foreign-owners-6543330.html

I think it was a large Scottish home and export company and the cost of this requirement alone apparently was massive....Ahemmm - If I look at a sealed package of salmon I would immediately realise that it actually contained fish !!!

KFC don't put warnings on their products in case anyone is allergic to chicken. I can't imagine why not! (And while we are on the subject how do BF get away with running lines from the UK to Cherbourg, Caen and Le Havre? That can't be right.)

On a more constructive note here is an article from the Daily Telegraph showing how a certain French woman (I can't use the word politician as you will see after reading it) has reacted to the Brexit vote.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/06/how-the-most-powerful-female-politician-in-france-used-the-bbc-t/

Ed

Edited by Cabin-boy

KFC don't put warnings on their products in case anyone is allergic to chicken. I can't imagine why not! (And while we are on the subject how do BF get away with running lines from the UK to Cherbourg, Caen and Le Havre? That can't be right.)

On a more constructive note here is an article from the Daily Telegraph showing how a certain French woman (I can't use the word politician as you will see after reading it) has reacted to the Brexit vote.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/06/how-the-most-powerful-female-politician-in-france-used-the-bbc-t/

Ed

Edited by Cabin-boy

As you are looking at the press it might be worth you looking at "The Week".

It's good news for Remainers.It justifies what we have been saying since the referendum.

I hope it is not too late but it may well influence the eventual outcome of this referendum.

• Like 2

As you are looking at the press it might be worth you looking at "The Week".

It's good news for Remainers.It justifies what we have been saying since the referendum.

I hope it is not too late but it may well influence the eventual outcome of this referendum.

• Like 2

My brother in law runs the company who supply and sell the vast majority of salmon in Scotland and he is absolutely devastated that the UK voted to leave to quote him ""that's my business screwed for decades "

• Like 1

My brother in law runs the company who supply and sell the vast majority of salmon in Scotland and he is absolutely devastated that the UK voted to leave to quote him ""that's my business screwed for decades "

• Like 1

Sounds fishy.... what's the company name? :eek:

Sounds fishy.... what's the company name? :eek:

What a load of rubbish. "One of my leaders" don't be stupid .... I don't live in the EU... I live in the Isle of Man and if you come over here you will need a work permit !!! but please don't....

Let me get this straight. Am I correct that you are somebody living in a tax haven in the middle of the Irish Sea in a country that has never been in the EU and with an electoral system that may not be perfect but is a least more democratic than the GB one? I'm glad to hear that you are of the opinion that everything is now utopian in GB. I, sitting reading the press, am told that the £, already at a 31 year low, may well hit parity with the $ in the coming months with all the implications for price rises that would bring. Meanwhile, one of the largest employers in Dorset, actually a quite depressed area, because of the brexit vote, are moving their production for the EU and the rest of the world to Germany leaving only GB production remaining in Poole. Still at least weve got our country back, what's going to be left of it anyway.

• Like 2