Sign in to follow this  
wortley

The new world

Guest Guest

Question is: Will they put Gove back in the scene?

All this just provides further evidence that the Brexiters either had no idea what they were going to do or were incapable of seeing the big picture, or were just political opportunists or even misfits. I only hope that despite all the stuff I keep reading about the referendum result having to stand, some group of politicians (the mooted new centrist group perhaps?) will work hard at overturning a decision that is clearly wrong, and one which many Leave voters now regret.

Guest Guest

Question is: Will they put Gove back in the scene?

All this just provides further evidence that the Brexiters either had no idea what they were going to do or were incapable of seeing the big picture, or were just political opportunists or even misfits. I only hope that despite all the stuff I keep reading about the referendum result having to stand, some group of politicians (the mooted new centrist group perhaps?) will work hard at overturning a decision that is clearly wrong, and one which many Leave voters now regret.

Hahaha - another rat deserts the ship, for all her Brexiteering she could not even cope with backlash about a stupid comment she made about having children. Another one down - good, she would have been a severe liability. Been watching Angela Eagle, she reminded me of the last limp wet lettuce left on the shelf in the supermarket. Corbyn and May will be interesting. The thought of Eagle and Leadsom turns my stomach.

Edited by Khaines
  • Like 2

Hahaha - another rat deserts the ship, for all her Brexiteering she could not even cope with backlash about a stupid comment she made about having children. Another one down - good, she would have been a severe liability. Been watching Angela Eagle, she reminded me of the last limp wet lettuce left on the shelf in the supermarket. Corbyn and May will be interesting. The thought of Eagle and Leadsom turns my stomach.

Edited by Khaines
  • Like 2

I see the RAF are planning to invest £100m at Lossiemouth for the new £3bn worth of P8 Marine aircraft. Boeing have also said that 2000 jobs will be created in the UK to maintain European based military & commercial aircraft.

Life goes on.

Leadsom has decided on Tory Party Leader, thank goodness... Let's now hope Angela Eagle has the same change of heart. I personally would be uncomfortable with an MP who vocally supported Blair's Iraqi invasion and opposed the Chilcott investigation leading the opposition.

• Like 1

I see the RAF are planning to invest £100m at Lossiemouth for the new £3bn worth of P8 Marine aircraft. Boeing have also said that 2000 jobs will be created in the UK to maintain European based military & commercial aircraft.

Life goes on.

Leadsom has decided on Tory Party Leader, thank goodness... Let's now hope Angela Eagle has the same change of heart. I personally would be uncomfortable with an MP who vocally supported Blair's Iraqi invasion and opposed the Chilcott investigation leading the opposition.

• Like 1

Guest Guest

Well, it's good that Boeing are making big investments in the UK. All the better as Airbus are threatening to stop production in a post-Brexit UK. On the other hand, it's a shame that we are once again turning towards America rather than Europe for employment. I was amused that, just after announcing that he was buying these aircraft from a foreign power, Cameron said: " ... the UK will continue to lead the world in both civil and defence aerospace." Presumably, he means that the UK will lead the world in buying it.

Still, it's not so bad if Boeing will be employing ex-British Aerospace staff. Not sure I'll feel the same if they'll be using American workers.

Life does indeed go on. And the fact that Mrs May will be next Tory leader and PM is probably the best political news of the week. (We'll see! So much has been going on!) Neilcvx, if Gove has anything to do with the next cabinet, that will be probably be the worst news of the week. Not because he's a Brexiter, but because he is a liar, a backstabber and has got up the noses of pretty well every group of people who have had the misfortune to have dealings with him.

Jonno, I have to agree with you about Angela Eagle. I don't know very much about her, but on the face of it she seems to be quite the wrong kind of person* to be a party leader. In a General Election, I would think that Theresa May would make mincemeat out of her. She comes out terribly in this interview with Andrew Neil: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-36757716. She hadn't a clue.

We need a new centrist party, but as Theresa May has said her party will represent the real working person, perhaps a new Tory party is emerging.

​Yeah, right ...

* Please don't interpret this as a comment on Ms Eagle's sexuality. Indeed I think it would be a good thing to have an openly gay party leader and/or PM, especially a female one.

Guest Guest

Well, it's good that Boeing are making big investments in the UK. All the better as Airbus are threatening to stop production in a post-Brexit UK. On the other hand, it's a shame that we are once again turning towards America rather than Europe for employment. I was amused that, just after announcing that he was buying these aircraft from a foreign power, Cameron said: " ... the UK will continue to lead the world in both civil and defence aerospace." Presumably, he means that the UK will lead the world in buying it.

Still, it's not so bad if Boeing will be employing ex-British Aerospace staff. Not sure I'll feel the same if they'll be using American workers.

Life does indeed go on. And the fact that Mrs May will be next Tory leader and PM is probably the best political news of the week. (We'll see! So much has been going on!) Neilcvx, if Gove has anything to do with the next cabinet, that will be probably be the worst news of the week. Not because he's a Brexiter, but because he is a liar, a backstabber and has got up the noses of pretty well every group of people who have had the misfortune to have dealings with him.

Jonno, I have to agree with you about Angela Eagle. I don't know very much about her, but on the face of it she seems to be quite the wrong kind of person* to be a party leader. In a General Election, I would think that Theresa May would make mincemeat out of her. She comes out terribly in this interview with Andrew Neil: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-36757716. She hadn't a clue.

We need a new centrist party, but as Theresa May has said her party will represent the real working person, perhaps a new Tory party is emerging.

​Yeah, right ...

* Please don't interpret this as a comment on Ms Eagle's sexuality. Indeed I think it would be a good thing to have an openly gay party leader and/or PM, especially a female one.

I don't, lets get on with it.

Yes, but get on with what? Brexit means different things to different people. At the moment only the remainers and a few brexiters who have changed their mind are crying foul. If we do finally do a deal with the EU you can be certain that nobody will be happy not even those that voted brexit. Half of them will probably think that any deal is not good enough. they just want to leave. If we can't do a deal with the EU then the other half will be complaining that we should tried harder and that total disengegement was not what they voted for. Pretty much a loose,loose situation for the majority whatever the outcome of the negotiations.

• Like 1

I don't, lets get on with it.

Yes, but get on with what? Brexit means different things to different people. At the moment only the remainers and a few brexiters who have changed their mind are crying foul. If we do finally do a deal with the EU you can be certain that nobody will be happy not even those that voted brexit. Half of them will probably think that any deal is not good enough. they just want to leave. If we can't do a deal with the EU then the other half will be complaining that we should tried harder and that total disengegement was not what they voted for. Pretty much a loose,loose situation for the majority whatever the outcome of the negotiations.

• Like 1

The press yesterday was reporting that the Apache helicopter fleet was also to be refurbished but in America, not in Yeovil.

• Like 1

The press yesterday was reporting that the Apache helicopter fleet was also to be refurbished but in America, not in Yeovil.

• Like 1

Oh dear....... Doom and Gloom yet again...... :(

Oh dear....... Doom and Gloom yet again...... :(

G4rth Fallon has said that Leonardo will continue to maintain the existing Apache fleet until their retirement in 2023/24 also the new 2.3bn deal for another 50 will be maintained in Hampshire, Gloucestershire, Gwent, Cheshire & Bedfordshire, 5% of the global Apache supply chain.

Edited by jonno

G4rth Fallon has said that Leonardo will continue to maintain the existing Apache fleet until their retirement in 2023/24 also the new 2.3bn deal for another 50 will be maintained in Hampshire, Gloucestershire, Gwent, Cheshire & Bedfordshire, 5% of the global Apache supply chain.

Edited by jonno

To think Airbus will stop wing design & production and aerodynamic R&D in the UK is rubbish. There are also many smaller UK aeronautical fabrication companies whose components feature in every airworthy aircraft in the world today. Components which are not manufactured anywhere else globally.

I suppose we'll need to send the A400 Grizzly's back now.

What next, the Typhoon will be threatened or the ongoing life extending Tornado program will end, after all the Tiffy & Tonka are not sole UK projects... Maybe the Luftwaffe & Aeronautica Militare will suddenly buy MiG35's or Su35's instead?

To think Airbus will stop wing design & production and aerodynamic R&D in the UK is rubbish. There are also many smaller UK aeronautical fabrication companies whose components feature in every airworthy aircraft in the world today. Components which are not manufactured anywhere else globally.

I suppose we'll need to send the A400 Grizzly's back now.

What next, the Typhoon will be threatened or the ongoing life extending Tornado program will end, after all the Tiffy & Tonka are not sole UK projects... Maybe the Luftwaffe & Aeronautica Militare will suddenly buy MiG35's or Su35's instead?