Sign in to follow this  
wortley

The new world

I see Tim Farron wants a General Election. All that he hopes for is a few cheap Lib Dem seats back. The Tories would sweep home as Labour would not be able to fight the election. Turnout would be about 10% as I for one would not bother as its a waste of time and money the country cannot afford.

I see Tim Farron wants a General Election. All that he hopes for is a few cheap Lib Dem seats back. The Tories would sweep home as Labour would not be able to fight the election. Turnout would be about 10% as I for one would not bother as its a waste of time and money the country cannot afford.

Ian Hislop: 'Remainers are entitled to go on making the argument'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36742691

It's fine making an argument either way... no problem with that .... but statements like:

"If we do finally do a deal with the EU you can be certain that nobody will be happy not even those that voted brexit." or "Half of them will probably think that any deal is not good enough. they just want to leave." or " If we can't do a deal with the EU then the other half will be complaining that we should tried harder and that total disengegement was not what they voted for." or "Pretty much a loose,loose situation for the majority whatever the outcome of the negotiations"

These are not arguments they are just an angry personal response.

Ian Hislop: 'Remainers are entitled to go on making the argument'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36742691

It's fine making an argument either way... no problem with that .... but statements like:

"If we do finally do a deal with the EU you can be certain that nobody will be happy not even those that voted brexit." or "Half of them will probably think that any deal is not good enough. they just want to leave." or " If we can't do a deal with the EU then the other half will be complaining that we should tried harder and that total disengegement was not what they voted for." or "Pretty much a loose,loose situation for the majority whatever the outcome of the negotiations"

They are a personal opinion and something that I and others think will or could happen.

• Like 1

They are a personal opinion and something that I and others think will or could happen.

• Like 1

neilcvx - you now have a level headed Prime Minister and as she has said "Brexit" will be "Brexit".... great things to come....

We have a PM who is anti gay marriage had a poor track record on her parties standards on immigration and was described by a top civil servant as "stupid beyond belief" but that's not my opinion that's just facts.

• Like 1

neilcvx - you now have a level headed Prime Minister and as she has said "Brexit" will be "Brexit".... great things to come....

We have a PM who is anti gay marriage had a poor track record on her parties standards on immigration and was described by a top civil servant as "stupid beyond belief" but that's not my opinion that's just facts.

• Like 1

Guest Guest
To think Airbus will stop wing design & production and aerodynamic R&D in the UK is rubbish. There are also many smaller UK aeronautical fabrication companies whose components feature in every airworthy aircraft in the world today. Components which are not manufactured anywhere else globally.

I really don't know, Jonno. What I do know is that Airbus has said it may (note, "may') withdraw its manufacturing from the UK. I'm sure there's nothing that UK firms do that Europe-based firms couldn't do, though. Whilst it may take a while, you couldn't blame European companies from removing their work from a UK which orders aircraft from America, and which has backed out of a treaty with their mother countries.

If you doubt that it could happen, you display the arrogance for which many people in Europe (and around the world) criticise the UK.

Guest Guest
To think Airbus will stop wing design & production and aerodynamic R&D in the UK is rubbish. There are also many smaller UK aeronautical fabrication companies whose components feature in every airworthy aircraft in the world today. Components which are not manufactured anywhere else globally.

I really don't know, Jonno. What I do know is that Airbus has said it may (note, "may') withdraw its manufacturing from the UK. I'm sure there's nothing that UK firms do that Europe-based firms couldn't do, though. Whilst it may take a while, you couldn't blame European companies from removing their work from a UK which orders aircraft from America, and which has backed out of a treaty with their mother countries.

If you doubt that it could happen, you display the arrogance for which many people in Europe (and around the world) criticise the UK.

Guest Guest

I quite agree. Unless a new centrist party appears and captures the electorate's imagination, any talk of a General Election now is futile. It won't be the first time that the LibDems have totally misunderstood public opinion.

Guest Guest

I quite agree. Unless a new centrist party appears and captures the electorate's imagination, any talk of a General Election now is futile. It won't be the first time that the LibDems have totally misunderstood public opinion.

I am sure there are a few "top civil servants" who think she is the greatest thing since sliced bread.. !!!

I am sure there are a few "top civil servants" who think she is the greatest thing since sliced bread.. !!!

Guest Guest

Given that the nation is split almost 50/50, it's reasonable to assume that whatever happens, roughly half the country won't be happy. And that was Cameron's biggest mistake. Like Thatcher, he has divided the country and hastened the downfall of a once great nation.

Not that I can see any party or politician who can change that. It's all extremely sad.

Guest Guest

Given that the nation is split almost 50/50, it's reasonable to assume that whatever happens, roughly half the country won't be happy. And that was Cameron's biggest mistake. Like Thatcher, he has divided the country and hastened the downfall of a once great nation.

Not that I can see any party or politician who can change that. It's all extremely sad.

No, they are a fair explanation of what could/will happen. May will do what she needs to in her own time and in what way she thinks is correct. She won't put up with Brexiters who insist she gets a wriggle on and do as she promised ASAP. And what comes out of negotiations zi bet there will be people who won't be happy. Brexiters want their cake and eat it.
  • Like 2

No, they are a fair explanation of what could/will happen. May will do what she needs to in her own time and in what way she thinks is correct. She won't put up with Brexiters who insist she gets a wriggle on and do as she promised ASAP. And what comes out of negotiations zi bet there will be people who won't be happy. Brexiters want their cake and eat it.
  • Like 2

Well... she has substantial support from her MP's ....(unlike that Labour chap) and I am sure there are many Civil Servants who think she is the greatest thing since sliced bread !!!!!

Well... she has substantial support from her MP's ....(unlike that Labour chap) and I am sure there are many Civil Servants who think she is the greatest thing since sliced bread !!!!!