Sign in to follow this  
wortley

The new world

Guest Guest
neilcvx - you now have a level headed Prime Minister and as she has said "Brexit" will be "Brexit".... great things to come....

And here comes the ultimate arrogance.

What on earth makes you think that 27 countries will want to see things go sweetly with a country that just told them to go forth and multiply? And just how long do you think it will take to negotiate new trade agreements with up to 192 countries? (Is that the correct number of countries in the UN? Well, a lot of countries, anyway).

Mrs May is probably the best person for the job at the moment, and opposition parties are currently without influence or power, but I doubt that even she can come out of it smelling of roses.

Reports have said that Cameron put Oliver Letwin in charge of negotiating Brexit terms, and that May would put Gove in charge. Both must be p*ss-taking jokes, because neither of those gentlemen would be well received in Brussels.

Stand by as the City loses its leading position as the financial capital of Europe. The UK government will be as well regarded as the England football team.

I say this with no satisfaction, pride or gloating, but with huge sadness in my heart. I really don't feel that you have any idea of what the UK has let itself in for. And when I say UK, it may not even exist in a few short years.

Edited by droopsnout
Typo

Guest Guest
neilcvx - you now have a level headed Prime Minister and as she has said "Brexit" will be "Brexit".... great things to come....

And here comes the ultimate arrogance.

What on earth makes you think that 27 countries will want to see things go sweetly with a country that just told them to go forth and multiply? And just how long do you think it will take to negotiate new trade agreements with up to 192 countries? (Is that the correct number of countries in the UN? Well, a lot of countries, anyway).

Mrs May is probably the best person for the job at the moment, and opposition parties are currently without influence or power, but I doubt that even she can come out of it smelling of roses.

Reports have said that Cameron put Oliver Letwin in charge of negotiating Brexit terms, and that May would put Gove in charge. Both must be p*ss-taking jokes, because neither of those gentlemen would be well received in Brussels.

Stand by as the City loses its leading position as the financial capital of Europe. The UK government will be as well regarded as the England football team.

I say this with no satisfaction, pride or gloating, but with huge sadness in my heart. I really don't feel that you have any idea of what the UK has let itself in for. And when I say UK, it may not even exist in a few short years.

Edited by droopsnout
Typo

Guest Guest

Well... she has substantial support from her MP's ....(unlike that Labour chap) and I am sure there are many Civil Servants who think she is the greatest thing since sliced bread !!!!!

Evidence???

Guest Guest

Well... she has substantial support from her MP's ....(unlike that Labour chap) and I am sure there are many Civil Servants who think she is the greatest thing since sliced bread !!!!!

Evidence???

Nothing to suggest she's good PM material there.

• Like 1

Nothing to suggest she's good PM material there.

• Like 1

It's fine making an argument either way... no problem with that .... but statements like:

"If we do finally do a deal with the EU you can be certain that nobody will be happy not even those that voted brexit." or "Half of them will probably think that any deal is not good enough. they just want to leave." or " If we can't do a deal with the EU then the other half will be complaining that we should tried harder and that total disengagement was not what they voted for." or "Pretty much a loose,loose situation for the majority whatever the outcome of the negotiations"

These are not arguments they are just an angry personal response.

No anger there at all Manxscorpio, just how I see the current situation. Clearly you don't agree, that's your opinion, I have no problem with that at all.

With regard to me being all doom and gloom again I'm afraid you have an advantage over me. I only know 2 people who voted brexit I therefore have nobody to tell me why I should be optimistic. As you clearly think there is cause for optimism I had rather hoped that perhaps you might have filled the void in my knowledge. Sadly your comments only seem to stretch to complaints about my pessimism and not to anything constructive to try to assist me in seeing the light at the end of the tunnel you so clearly think is there.

• Like 1

It's fine making an argument either way... no problem with that .... but statements like:

"If we do finally do a deal with the EU you can be certain that nobody will be happy not even those that voted brexit." or "Half of them will probably think that any deal is not good enough. they just want to leave." or " If we can't do a deal with the EU then the other half will be complaining that we should tried harder and that total disengagement was not what they voted for." or "Pretty much a loose,loose situation for the majority whatever the outcome of the negotiations"

These are not arguments they are just an angry personal response.

No anger there at all Manxscorpio, just how I see the current situation. Clearly you don't agree, that's your opinion, I have no problem with that at all.

With regard to me being all doom and gloom again I'm afraid you have an advantage over me. I only know 2 people who voted brexit I therefore have nobody to tell me why I should be optimistic. As you clearly think there is cause for optimism I had rather hoped that perhaps you might have filled the void in my knowledge. Sadly your comments only seem to stretch to complaints about my pessimism and not to anything constructive to try to assist me in seeing the light at the end of the tunnel you so clearly think is there.

• Like 1

Evidence???

May won the first round of voting on 5 July, receiving support from 165 MPs, while Andrea Leadsom received 66 votes and Michael Gove collected 48. According to The Guardian, May was "almost certain to be among the final two candidates AND In opinion polls May was regarded as the favourite choice among the public; in a Sky Data Snap Poll on 30 June, 47% of people said May was their preferred Prime Minister....................

Evidence???

May won the first round of voting on 5 July, receiving support from 165 MPs, while Andrea Leadsom received 66 votes and Michael Gove collected 48. According to The Guardian, May was "almost certain to be among the final two candidates AND In opinion polls May was regarded as the favourite choice among the public; in a Sky Data Snap Poll on 30 June, 47% of people said May was their preferred Prime Minister....................

May won the first round of voting on 5 July, receiving support from 165 MPs, while Andrea'>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrea_Leadsom"]Andrea Leadsom received 66 votes and Michael'>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Gove"]Michael Gove collected 48. According to The'>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Guardian"]The Guardian, May was "almost certain to be among the final two candidates AND In opinion polls May was regarded as the favourite choice among the public; in a Sky Data Snap Poll on 30 June, 47% of people said May was their preferred Prime Minister....................

May was the only remainer among that group of degenerates, still she's a great asset for the SNP.

May won the first round of voting on 5 July, receiving support from 165 MPs, while Andrea'>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrea_Leadsom"]Andrea Leadsom received 66 votes and Michael'>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Gove"]Michael Gove collected 48. According to The'>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Guardian"]The Guardian, May was "almost certain to be among the final two candidates AND In opinion polls May was regarded as the favourite choice among the public; in a Sky Data Snap Poll on 30 June, 47% of people said May was their preferred Prime Minister....................

May was the only remainer among that group of degenerates, still she's a great asset for the SNP.

in a Sky Data Snap Poll on 30 June, 47% of people said May was their preferred Prime Minister....................

Sounds suspiciously like the 48% who voted remain. Of course their opinions are to be disregarded.

• Like 1

in a Sky Data Snap Poll on 30 June, 47% of people said May was their preferred Prime Minister....................

Sounds suspiciously like the 48% who voted remain. Of course their opinions are to be disregarded.

• Like 1

Guest Guest

Doh! You know very well I know all that! Evidence of admiration of Civil Service, please. Stop being a Gove! :)

Guest Guest

Doh! You know very well I know all that! Evidence of admiration of Civil Service, please. Stop being a Gove! :)

I really don't know, Jonno. What I do know is that Airbus has said it may (note, "may') withdraw its manufacturing from the UK. I'm sure there's nothing that UK firms do that Europe-based firms couldn't do, though. Whilst it may take a while, you couldn't blame European companies from removing their work from a UK which orders aircraft from America, and which has backed out of a treaty with their mother countries.

If you doubt that it could happen, you display the arrogance for which many people in Europe (and around the world) criticise the UK.

It's not arrogance, it's the confidence of fact...It's the knowledge that we're not little Britain punching above our weight and should be internally grateful for others allowing us to sit with the adults. Mother nations, as a country we are no child.

A 20 min google search of British industry is all that's needed also some industry knowledge. you do know that Air France have Boeing and so do their military just as other European nations? Did

Airbus threaten to pullout of Hamburg when Lufthansa ordered their 777's or when Air France ordered their 777's or 787's? No.

Airbus have been in the UK since the 1950's. Broughton designed and build the wing for ALL of their aircraft, the wing, the most important component of any aircraft, the only component a competitor is interested in. British brains. They can't very well move it somewhere else without spending billions. Yes Airbus have assembly plants in five EU countries (I think it's 5) they also have an assembly plant in China... There's a reason why there is only one location fabricating the wing.

I really don't know, Jonno. What I do know is that Airbus has said it may (note, "may') withdraw its manufacturing from the UK. I'm sure there's nothing that UK firms do that Europe-based firms couldn't do, though. Whilst it may take a while, you couldn't blame European companies from removing their work from a UK which orders aircraft from America, and which has backed out of a treaty with their mother countries.

If you doubt that it could happen, you display the arrogance for which many people in Europe (and around the world) criticise the UK.

It's not arrogance, it's the confidence of fact...It's the knowledge that we're not little Britain punching above our weight and should be internally grateful for others allowing us to sit with the adults. Mother nations, as a country we are no child.

A 20 min google search of British industry is all that's needed also some industry knowledge. you do know that Air France have Boeing and so do their military just as other European nations? Did

Airbus threaten to pullout of Hamburg when Lufthansa ordered their 777's or when Air France ordered their 777's or 787's? No.

Airbus have been in the UK since the 1950's. Broughton designed and build the wing for ALL of their aircraft, the wing, the most important component of any aircraft, the only component a competitor is interested in. British brains. They can't very well move it somewhere else without spending billions. Yes Airbus have assembly plants in five EU countries (I think it's 5) they also have an assembly plant in China... There's a reason why there is only one location fabricating the wing.

"degenerates"? Really.....

"Doh! You know very well I know all that! Evidence of admiration of Civil Service, please. Stop being a Gove! smile.png"

Actually I don't know you know that.....:eek:... Lets hope you are a minority in giving up and waving the white flag

You Chaps must really hate the UK.... :confused:...

"Doh! You know very well I know all that! Evidence of admiration of Civil Service, please. Stop being a Gove! smile.png"

Actually I don't know you know that.....:eek:... Lets hope you are a minority in giving up and waving the white flag

[/i]

Maybe we hate Theresa May or maybe it's the Tory party we hate or maybe it's people who cause harm to the UK we hate.

• Like 2

[/i]

Maybe we hate Theresa May or maybe it's the Tory party we hate or maybe it's people who cause harm to the UK we hate.

• Like 2

Pease don't take this as a criticism of your political standing - I just want to check that I understand your priorities: a) the UK remains united and stays in Europe or b) Scotland stays in Europe what ever the cost. If the former, I must therefore assume that you also hate Nicola Sturgeon, the SNP and the notion of Scottish independence as they would harm the UK by precipitating its breakup. Ed.

Edited by Cabin-boy
  • Like 1

Pease don't take this as a criticism of your political standing - I just want to check that I understand your priorities: a) the UK remains united and stays in Europe or b) Scotland stays in Europe what ever the cost. If the former, I must therefore assume that you also hate Nicola Sturgeon, the SNP and the notion of Scottish independence as they would harm the UK by precipitating its breakup. Ed.

Edited by Cabin-boy
  • Like 1