Sign in to follow this  
wortley

The new world

I think the UK economy is about to waste a couple of years. I was looking forward to early retirement but with investments going to take time to get back to last weeks values and then go up looks like I will be working longer. The only thing that makes this less bitter is knowing pensioners who voted leave may well have to go back to work or live poorer at the same time as I am having to work longer as they did not think of anything other than immigration. My close family (10 people) were 80% remain 20% leave with 10% of the leave now thinking not a good idea (a pensioner).

• Like 1

I think the UK economy is about to waste a couple of years. I was looking forward to early retirement but with investments going to take time to get back to last weeks values and then go up looks like I will be working longer. The only thing that makes this less bitter is knowing pensioners who voted leave may well have to go back to work or live poorer at the same time as I am having to work longer as they did not think of anything other than immigration. My close family (10 people) were 80% remain 20% leave with 10% of the leave now thinking not a good idea (a pensioner).

• Like 1

100% profit regardless , Solo.

Exactly Neil while nobody likes to think they've lost money in you're case you've just made a bit less in the last few days than you thought you had. Shares are long term investments and in reality in a couple of weeks you won't know if they would have been worth more or less without brexit. If you really feel upset about the loss all you can do is do what most ordinary people do. Phone Panama, speak to your Mossack Fonseca trust fund manager and sack him or her.

• Like 1

100% profit regardless , Solo.

Exactly Neil while nobody likes to think they've lost money in you're case you've just made a bit less in the last few days than you thought you had. Shares are long term investments and in reality in a couple of weeks you won't know if they would have been worth more or less without brexit. If you really feel upset about the loss all you can do is do what most ordinary people do. Phone Panama, speak to your Mossack Fonseca trust fund manager and sack him or her.

• Like 1

I noticed petrol has gone up and food prices are predicted to rise so as usual the less well of end up with less, not to mention my pension.

• Like 1

I noticed petrol has gone up and food prices are predicted to rise so as usual the less well of end up with less, not to mention my pension.

• Like 1

I think the UK economy is about to waste a couple of years. I was looking forward to early retirement but with investments going to take time to get back to last weeks values and then go up looks like I will be working longer. "The only thing that makes this less bitter is knowing pensioners who voted leave may well have to go back to work or live poorer at the same time as I am having to work longer as they did not think of anything other than immigration. My close family (10 people) were 80% remain 20% leave with 10% of the leave now thinking not a good idea (a pensioner).

Internet forums bring out the best and worst in our society.

• Like 1

I think the UK economy is about to waste a couple of years. I was looking forward to early retirement but with investments going to take time to get back to last weeks values and then go up looks like I will be working longer. "The only thing that makes this less bitter is knowing pensioners who voted leave may well have to go back to work or live poorer at the same time as I am having to work longer as they did not think of anything other than immigration. My close family (10 people) were 80% remain 20% leave with 10% of the leave now thinking not a good idea (a pensioner).

Internet forums bring out the best and worst in our society.

• Like 1

Are you surprised ? We've always had a north /south divide, an east /west divide, and a rich/poor divide. Thanks to the EU referendum we're now also suffering from a Scotland-NI/Wales-England divide, a young/old divide, a British Isles/Europe divide, a GB resident/immigrant divide, a divided unstable government and a dysfunctional opposition. The British Isles is a totally fractured society. Rule Britannia a truly Great Britain and an example to the world.

• Like 1

Are you surprised ? We've always had a north /south divide, an east /west divide, and a rich/poor divide. Thanks to the EU referendum we're now also suffering from a Scotland-NI/Wales-England divide, a young/old divide, a British Isles/Europe divide, a GB resident/immigrant divide, a divided unstable government and a dysfunctional opposition. The British Isles is a totally fractured society. Rule Britannia a truly Great Britain and an example to the world.

• Like 1

Now the anger is out of my system as my investment plummet :-( , I am quite upset at the news that there seem to have been some quite nasty attacks on EU and other ethnic minority people. It shows how shallow some people are and their reasoning when you read this. They worryingly had the vote and were probably the reason it went the way it did. Like I said before, I was probably 48% out 52% in. I would happily have ticked a dont know box because of the bxxxxxxs the egotistical MPs and MEPs came out with on their campaigns.

• Like 1

Now the anger is out of my system as my investment plummet :-( , I am quite upset at the news that there seem to have been some quite nasty attacks on EU and other ethnic minority people. It shows how shallow some people are and their reasoning when you read this. They worryingly had the vote and were probably the reason it went the way it did. Like I said before, I was probably 48% out 52% in. I would happily have ticked a dont know box because of the bxxxxxxs the egotistical MPs and MEPs came out with on their campaigns.

• Like 1

The sense of disbelief that I feel has not even started to disappear since the Referendum result.

For the British people to have put their future into the hands of oppurtunists and those with extreme political objectives is crazy.

Does Brexit really believe that the arrogance shown by the UKIP leader in Brussels yesterday,does any good for the UK.

Oh dear what have you done, the British electorate?

• Like 3

The sense of disbelief that I feel has not even started to disappear since the Referendum result.

For the British people to have put their future into the hands of oppurtunists and those with extreme political objectives is crazy.

Does Brexit really believe that the arrogance shown by the UKIP leader in Brussels yesterday,does any good for the UK.

Oh dear what have you done, the British electorate?

• Like 3

Don't ignore the stats though, the voting majority was 17.4 million to leave. Whilst it was a narrow margin never the less, 17+ million must represent a broad base of our population and not just a few minority groups as have been mentioned. I have myself no opinion either way, it wouldn't surprise me though if it reverts back to UK being a full member again.

• Like 1

Don't ignore the stats though, the voting majority was 17.4 million to leave. Whilst it was a narrow margin never the less, 17+ million must represent a broad base of our population and not just a few minority groups as have been mentioned. I have myself no opinion either way, it wouldn't surprise me though if it reverts back to UK being a full member again.

• Like 1

I think we're rather fortunate we live where we do. We are so divided as a country that if we were located in many other areas of the world we would probably be engaged in a civil war. Certainly many stupid things are done in this country, thankfully not that.

What we need is a cold wet summer to make sure we don't get the trouble we have had on occasion in the past.

Edited by G4rth

I think we're rather fortunate we live where we do. We are so divided as a country that if we were located in many other areas of the world we would probably be engaged in a civil war. Certainly many stupid things are done in this country, thankfully not that.

What we need is a cold wet summer to make sure we don't get the trouble we have had on occasion in the past.

Edited by G4rth

With such a small majority at the referendum democracy has not given a convincing enough result for such dramatic change.

As said before a result of at least 55/45,in a turnout of 75 percent should be attained to give enough mandate for the government to proceed.

A government can be changed every five years .A referendum can't.

• Like 1

With such a small majority at the referendum democracy has not given a convincing enough result for such dramatic change.

As said before a result of at least 55/45,in a turnout of 75 percent should be attained to give enough mandate for the government to proceed.

A government can be changed every five years .A referendum can't.

• Like 1

Get down to B&Q in the morning.... maybe we should all forget about the Euro and move into BitCoins......

Should have followed your excellent advice Manxscorpio, 22M twin core cable, 2 cable ties and delivery from Bosch £25.21. Germany 1 - G4rth 0.