Sign in to follow this  
wortley

The new world

What a state of affairs!

What have you done the UK electorate?

In a very short space of time the whole staus quo has been changed without any credible solution.

New leaders are all very well but what you need now is experience or someone who has enough guts in him or her to have a rerun.

• Like 3

What a state of affairs!

What have you done the UK electorate?

In a very short space of time the whole staus quo has been changed without any credible solution.

New leaders are all very well but what you need now is experience or someone who has enough guts in him or her to have a rerun.

• Like 3

It actually boils my p***h that the architect of the situation Cameron has washed his hands of all responsibility and walked off its also morally unacceptable that not a single member of the leave campaign has a plan knows what they want from our relationship with Europe and has set it out in clear terms for us to see, I'm finding it easy to see why Germany has banned referendums and our only female PM before she lost the plot said "only dictators hold referendums".

Who has a plan Gove,Corbyn ? Whoever leads the Lib dems? Not one of them the only leader in the UK doing anything other than getting stabbed in the back by at least one of their own party is Sturgeon, this country doesn't need a good leader it needs a bloody miracle or the 3500 jobs The Bank of Shanghai have just transferred from London to Paris will just be the start of the exodus.

• Like 2

It actually boils my p***h that the architect of the situation Cameron has washed his hands of all responsibility and walked off its also morally unacceptable that not a single member of the leave campaign has a plan knows what they want from our relationship with Europe and has set it out in clear terms for us to see, I'm finding it easy to see why Germany has banned referendums and our only female PM before she lost the plot said "only dictators hold referendums".

Who has a plan Gove,Corbyn ? Whoever leads the Lib dems? Not one of them the only leader in the UK doing anything other than getting stabbed in the back by at least one of their own party is Sturgeon, this country doesn't need a good leader it needs a bloody miracle or the 3500 jobs The Bank of Shanghai have just transferred from London to Paris will just be the start of the exodus.

• Like 2

I think the problem with Boris is that he is simply not competent enough to do the job.

Since when has that been a requirement? He's been to Eton and he's been a member of the Bullingdon Club that on it's own would probably be good enough half the population.

• Like 2

I think the problem with Boris is that he is simply not competent enough to do the job.

Since when has that been a requirement? He's been to Eton and he's been a member of the Bullingdon Club that on it's own would probably be good enough half the population.

• Like 2

Quite agree, and the so called favourite at the moment played such a lack lustre role in supporting the Remain camp, that it makes you wonder if she has been sitting on the fence on purpose!

Oh dear me what a mess!

And about the Bank of Shanghai moving jobs to Paris?Brexit said this type of statement was sheer scaremongery.Well it's not!!They are not fit to run the country.Let's have another referendum based on truth.

Edited by imprimerie
  • Like 3

Quite agree, and the so called favourite at the moment played such a lack lustre role in supporting the Remain camp, that it makes you wonder if she has been sitting on the fence on purpose!

Oh dear me what a mess!

And about the Bank of Shanghai moving jobs to Paris?Brexit said this type of statement was sheer scaremongery.Well it's not!!They are not fit to run the country.Let's have another referendum based on truth.

Edited by imprimerie
  • Like 3

I think we need a leader like that chap from Wales who went to a comprehensive, someone with something more in tune with most the electorate. The EU result should be ignored now as none of the main Leave people have a plan. Showed it was ambition but at what cost to us in UK? Should be put down to testing the water and go back to EU to demand reform on in Free Movement rule based on land area and infrastructure and also which countries can be added to EU with closer financial auditing beforehand. I am pleased Boris has at least had the decency to realise he was very much a main player to split his party apart and therefore was not the person to put it together again. think he wanted to go for it but realised he had been outsmarted. Yes, Cameron would have been better to stay, it was not the time for going back on his word of not resigning. Gove is not liked by public and will be seen as a sly individual so looks like May or Fox if people don't go for the younger chap. He has had 2 years experience in cabinet, more than Cameron did. Not the time for Scotland to have referendum either. With Rep of Irelands mess financially due to the Eurozone, it did surprise me that Northern Ireland were for Remain. Will anyone have the guts to be PM and ditch the referendum result and save the economy from a period of duffness. New word as recession sounds miserable. Euro from 1.33 to 1.17. Isle of Wight is nice this time of year if you can afford Wightlink's prices. Be like home from home with delays on departures and return, just like flights :-) It makes the News bulletins a bit more interesting though.

I think we need a leader like that chap from Wales who went to a comprehensive, someone with something more in tune with most the electorate. The EU result should be ignored now as none of the main Leave people have a plan. Showed it was ambition but at what cost to us in UK? Should be put down to testing the water and go back to EU to demand reform on in Free Movement rule based on land area and infrastructure and also which countries can be added to EU with closer financial auditing beforehand. I am pleased Boris has at least had the decency to realise he was very much a main player to split his party apart and therefore was not the person to put it together again. think he wanted to go for it but realised he had been outsmarted. Yes, Cameron would have been better to stay, it was not the time for going back on his word of not resigning. Gove is not liked by public and will be seen as a sly individual so looks like May or Fox if people don't go for the younger chap. He has had 2 years experience in cabinet, more than Cameron did. Not the time for Scotland to have referendum either. With Rep of Irelands mess financially due to the Eurozone, it did surprise me that Northern Ireland were for Remain. Will anyone have the guts to be PM and ditch the referendum result and save the economy from a period of duffness. New word as recession sounds miserable. Euro from 1.33 to 1.17. Isle of Wight is nice this time of year if you can afford Wightlink's prices. Be like home from home with delays on departures and return, just like flights :-) It makes the News bulletins a bit more interesting though.

Just a question, is there anyone who is prepared to say on this forum they voted Leave and what they now think of what has happened and if it in anyway resembles what they thought would be the case after what we have seen in the last 7 days. Obviously I understand if they want to remain unknown but if they weighed it all up and voted accordingly that's was their democratic right. Not judging anyone, just interested if they expected anything different?

• Like 1

Just a question, is there anyone who is prepared to say on this forum they voted Leave and what they now think of what has happened and if it in anyway resembles what they thought would be the case after what we have seen in the last 7 days. Obviously I understand if they want to remain unknown but if they weighed it all up and voted accordingly that's was their democratic right. Not judging anyone, just interested if they expected anything different?

• Like 1

I voted to leave. No anonymity required.

A very brief summary of my reasons, The EU is failing I don't think the UK has the influence to reform it.

In fact Brexit may actually instigate some reform.

Before you lot lynch me, a little about myself.

I'm not a little Englander, xenophobic or racist. I believe in free trade and the free movement of labour.

I'm the production manager of a small business, (70 employees including 8 Eastern Europeans),based in Oldham that produces labels and branding for the rubber industry. 90% of what we produce is exported to North America, Europe and Asia.

I voted last Thursday knowing that there would be some instability and had leave won, the government would fall. However I thought any instability would be small compared to the 2008 crash, I believe this to be the case.

Regards

Nick.

• Like 2

I voted to leave. No anonymity required.

A very brief summary of my reasons, The EU is failing I don't think the UK has the influence to reform it.

In fact Brexit may actually instigate some reform.

Before you lot lynch me, a little about myself.

I'm not a little Englander, xenophobic or racist. I believe in free trade and the free movement of labour.

I'm the production manager of a small business, (70 employees including 8 Eastern Europeans),based in Oldham that produces labels and branding for the rubber industry. 90% of what we produce is exported to North America, Europe and Asia.

I voted last Thursday knowing that there would be some instability and had leave won, the government would fall. However I thought any instability would be small compared to the 2008 crash, I believe this to be the case.

Regards

Nick.

• Like 2

Boris had "decency"? Surely not. He got out because it was not the result he wanted. The words "poisoned" and "chalice" come to mind.

• Like 1

Boris had "decency"? Surely not. He got out because it was not the result he wanted. The words "poisoned" and "chalice" come to mind.

• Like 1

Shock horror I am also neither old, xenophobic or racist. I am an accountant by trade and manage over 50 people in the financial services sector, am fairly well educated and yet amazingly still voted to leave. I am certainly not the brightest but neither am I ignorant, thick or naive. Unlike many I don't claim to understand everything to do with the EU and my reasoning is very similar to Nick's. I think the EU is broken but I also believe it provides an unending bucket of money for a quite a few to be paid enormous sums of money on working groups, committees and all sorts of junkets travelling all over the word, staying in luxury preparing reports etc that will never be read let alone acted upon. It's just my view and others will disagree but so be it. I don't mind others disagreeing with me ... it's called life. In the end Cameron got it wrong and asked us to make a difficult decision about something that was really complex and where large numbers of us (including me) were really confused by all the exageration and dodgy promises. It has all backfired on him and to my mind the buck stops there.

Shock horror I am also neither old, xenophobic or racist. I am an accountant by trade and manage over 50 people in the financial services sector, am fairly well educated and yet amazingly still voted to leave. I am certainly not the brightest but neither am I ignorant, thick or naive. Unlike many I don't claim to understand everything to do with the EU and my reasoning is very similar to Nick's. I think the EU is broken but I also believe it provides an unending bucket of money for a quite a few to be paid enormous sums of money on working groups, committees and all sorts of junkets travelling all over the word, staying in luxury preparing reports etc that will never be read let alone acted upon. It's just my view and others will disagree but so be it. I don't mind others disagreeing with me ... it's called life. In the end Cameron got it wrong and asked us to make a difficult decision about something that was really complex and where large numbers of us (including me) were really confused by all the exageration and dodgy promises. It has all backfired on him and to my mind the buck stops there.

I personally think that these are very early days - give it a month or so and see where we are then...:rolleyes:

I personally think that these are very early days - give it a month or so and see where we are then...:rolleyes:

The EU is full of free loaders ? Whet about the millions the UK spends on the House of Lords full of failed MPs ,Bishops,Government donaters all getting paid £300 a day for just being there not even having to do anything accountable to no one .

• Like 1

The EU is full of free loaders ? Whet about the millions the UK spends on the House of Lords full of failed MPs ,Bishops,Government donaters all getting paid £300 a day for just being there not even having to do anything accountable to no one .

• Like 1

Quite agree. Most of the free loaders in the EU are also unacounatable. The principles are brilliant but things have changed so much over the years. Many in both establishments (and other governments) are the same..... the UK government and the EU are not so different to others.