Sign in to follow this  
Daddycool

Special offers (day trips)

Hi to you all.

Can anyone shed some light why Brittany Ferries hsve change the the sailing times.It seems the to obtain the 'special offer..day trip to Roscoff' you can only spend up to 29 HOURS on shore.

However there are NO MORNING SAILINGS to be able to comply with that.As we have a property in Brittany this was ideal to nip across for the weekend..now its much to expensive...your thoughts please.

Change sailing times from what? Those published in the timetable? Usual reason for timetable variations at St Malo and (to a lesser extent) Roscoff is due to tide times.

A day trip has been for up to 29 hours on shore for as long as I can remember, so I don't understand '...only 29 HOURS on shore'?

The Pont-Aven has an 09.15 crossing on a Sunday until the first week in November, so a Friday night crossing from Plymouth and a Sunday morning return is still possible, surely?

One gets the impression that the OP is almost a spam post designed to stir up a discussion about nothing. Maybe we should just ignore it?

Daddycool? Another username, like ferrybuffinplym, created for the purpose of starting a thread? Will be interesting whether we hear anything else from this poster in the forum...we haven't from ferrybuffinplym. I think somebody is playing games with us.

Well, actually I think there is something in what the OP says - I've just got back from a 24 (29) hour trip, but it took me hours of scanning the timetable to find the few combinations that make any kind of sense - it would be much more useful if it could be extended to 36 hours, then I could use the overnight PLY-ROS arriving at 08:00 ish and then back on the following days afternoon crossing, so avoiding having to get up at sparrow-fart....

@Hirondelle - yes, 36 would be nice but then it really is stretching the definition of day trip. The 29 hours is already a concession on the 24 most people would understand by day trip, in acknowledgement of the need to find appropriate sailing times within western-channel type schedules, and any extension on 24 is going to be somewhat arbitrary. Even with 36 someone will find a case where it would not be "fair". But it should not be forgotten, the terms of the daytrips are "up to 29 hours", not "a guaranteed 29 hours", and it is perfectly possible to find sailing times that make possible a day trip to Roscoff.

On the more general theme of my last post, Daddycool is conspicuous in his silence. One would have thought that if my questioning of the integroity of the OP had been unfair then he would have been falling over himself to put me straight. As it is, just like with ferrybuffinplym, after asking his question he has seemed tellingly disinterested in the responses.