Sign in to follow this  
cvabishop

Bretagne - new miniature model

Members may be interested to know that Mountford Models http://mountfordmodels.com/ are just about to release a 1:1250 scale waterline model of Bretagne. In case you are wondering, that means about 12 centimeters long!

Bretagne should be listed on their website later this week and will cost around £37 painted. I think there is also an unpainted option for those brave enough. I have already ordered mine. I normally collect 1:1250 scale model liners but couldn't pass up the chance to add Bretagne to my fleet!

• Like 2

I was the one to approach them and looking forward to my delivery. From the previous models I have had from them as well the research and effort that's been involved they should be great.

Looking forward to seeing Bretagne on their web site. Is there any pictures at all of her ? Want to see the quality first before I buy. Sorry I know picky hey !

But looking at all there other models they all look top quality.

Members may be interested to know that Mountford Models http://mountfordmodels.com/ are just about to release a 1:1250 scale waterline model of Bretagne. In case you are wondering, that means about 12 centimeters long!

Bretagne should be listed on their website later this week and will cost around £37 painted. I think there is also an unpainted option for those brave enough. I have already ordered mine. I normally collect 1:1250 scale model liners but couldn't pass up the chance to add Bretagne to my fleet!

I've noticed that they also reproduce a fine selection of IOM steam packet vessels too...

Looking at some of their ships, there seems to be a fair bit of photo etched parts to get stuck in to if bought in kit form. I'm more of a 1:48 post war jet man myself but I think I'll try one of these.

Thanks Mr Bishop...

Thanks. That's the best view we've had of her all week. Now all I need is the 1/1250 fire engine to go on her foredeck and a box of matches and the illusion will be complete. Ed.

I have to say that her foredeck is totally wrong having sat out there for a couple of hours in the September sun. The 3D printed models on sale on board are much more detailed and accurate. If they could be scaled up slightly and produced with a combination of white and blue plastic they would be far more realistic. Ed

Even if not 100% accurate it will be interesting to compare Bretagne with more traditional passenger vessels. Here are some of my collection.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n266813[/ATTACH]

Hi Cvabishop. Thanks for the info on the Bretagne model. Hopefully the one they launch today will be much more in detail. Will be looking at this very closely.

​loving your collection you have there very smart.

​its a shame Bf don't do really well detailed models of there fleet that would be really nice to collect over the years, I'm sure people would buy them too.

​if you have anymore of your models to show we would love to see your pictures.

Hi Cvabishop. Thanks for the info on the Bretagne model. Hopefully the one they launch today will be much more in detail. Will be looking at this very closely.

​loving your collection you have there very smart.

​its a shame Bf don't do really well detailed models of there fleet that would be really nice to collect over the years, I'm sure people would buy them too.

​if you have anymore of your models to show we would love to see your pictures.

I have been saying that for years! The closes thing is that DIY 3D jigsaw on Pont Aven. Although onboard now there is a lego/mini bricks style model of a BF ship. And of course the 3D printed Cap Finistere. Antics used to sell an amazing 1:1250 Pont Aven, both with and without mount, but they were around the £200 mark:(

I like the slightly crude die-cast models that DFDS used to do. Hollow moulds, with an accurate profile but very little details, almost like a silhouette ship, and a bargain for £5 each:)