Andy

SAILING UPDATES: 2017 Latest News

Perhaps she going to shelter in the bay between the Seine and the Cotentin peninsular due to the bad weather forecast in the channel tomorrow morning. But having said that, why not just stay in Cherbourg? Unless of course there is the risk of Cherbourg being affected by a dockers' strike tomorrow and she doesn't want to get stuck. Ed. 

???

According to what I’m seeing on AIS, she has just left Le Havre heading west.  So I don’t quite understand the above.

9 minutes ago, Gareth said:

Ah I see.  Well this is the latest image from the BF fleet tracker, which appears to show everything in order.

545AD40E-7040-4CB7-89B2-07105C63A7C9.png

Gareth,

Something is wrong here - your screen shot is showing the date as the 13th at ten past eight in the morning, just as it is when you click other vessels......O.o??

AIS is correct and she's heading back to Le Havre - due there at 23h00 by the look of it. Very strange; I'm on her tomorrow night out of Plymouth hopefully.

Chris

Does AIS actually give Le Havre as her destination?  If not it could just be sea trials off Cherbourg before heading west to Roscoff?

Ok, that’s pretty conclusive.  How long has she been at Cherbourg?  Was Cherbourg a re-storing visit or was it a stepping stone to Roscoff?  Either way, I agree, a return to Le Havre is difficult to understand.  She won’t be able to spend long there if she is going to re-enter service at Roscoff tomorrow evening.

3 minutes ago, Gareth said:

Ok, that’s pretty conclusive.  How long has she been at Cherbourg?  Was Cherbourg a re-storing visit or was it a stepping stone to Roscoff?  Either way, I agree, a return to Le Havre is difficult to understand.  She won’t be able to spend long there if she is going to re-enter service at Roscoff tomorrow evening.

Tomorrow afternoon, 15h00 sailing...o.O

Oh crikey.

Well, on a rough reckoning: To make this departure she would need to get to Roscoff (fully stored) by around 1300 French time, 1200 GMT.  The passage from Le Havre to Roscoff will take around 10 hours. So she will need to be away from Le Havre by around 0200 GMT.

Hmmmm.....

How's this for a wild theory: BF know  there will be another strike in St Malo tomorrow so will not be able to run PA across on Friday night. Therefore once  she gets into Portsmouth tomorrow morning and has unloaded she will head to Plymouth and stand in for Arm for a few days as she has the extra capacity available to take any displaced passengers from St Malo. Arm is therefore heading back to Le Havre but might offer extra crossings from there to Portsmouth for those St Malo passengers who don't want to go to Plymouth. Ed

Classic Ed!

The flaw in the plan though.....surely on this theory it would have made more sense to leave Armorique in Cherbourg?

Right enough of this; Mrs FW will be back in 30 minutes after a late evening teaching so I'm on supper duty. Looks as though I'll have to set the alarm for 04h00 in the morning, hopefully to find my ferry heading to Roscoff and England not having lost their last 6 wickets for 44 runs....!

Chris

Ok, the first clue will be where Armorique goes when she gets to Le Havre.  Does she enter the lock system, or does she stay in the outer harbour.

Pilot is on board Armorique now, but i guess that will not make it any clearer to if she is heading for the outer harbour or the lock system as i highly doubt Armorique's captain is pilot exempt for Le Havre. 

13 minutes ago, Gareth said:

Looks like she's going for the BF berth.

Know, MV Armorique is berthed in Le Havre cross channel terminal ? Why ??? Tests ???