quincy

Poole Harbour Developmement

1 hour ago, hf_uk said:

Here's an idea... 

When the e-flexer arrives, but Cap on Poole - Spain permanently, put Pont on Plymouth - Spain permanently, Put E-Flexer on Portsmouth - Spain permanently, and bin Pelican and the whole economie brand also?

Cap's too long for Poole. BF aren't planning to reduce their Spanish sailings from four ships to three, they probably want five.

Think this was the first ship to use South Quay,although it didnt need to use any equipment.This was on the 26-02-18 EEMSLIFT HENDRIKA.

P1010957 (1).JPG

Will the Deo Volente use that quay now then - she gets quite an audience where she presently loads/offloads, enjoy watching her.

16 hours ago, jonno said:

Cap's too long for Poole. BF aren't planning to reduce their Spanish sailings from four ships to three, they probably want five.

When I said permanently, I meant full time. BDS, and Pont do other sailings at the minute. I was implying that they literally just carve Spain and back and nowhere else. If Ponty did Plymouth - Santander full time she could easily get upto 3 rotations in per week - which would rock! :)

2 hours ago, hf_uk said:

When I said permanently, I meant full time. BDS, and Pont do other sailings at the minute. I was implying that they literally just carve Spain and back and nowhere else. If Ponty did Plymouth - Santander full time she could easily get upto 3 rotations in per week - which would rock! :)

But PA has to do Ireland as well. Going back to the old timetable would perfect.

On 19/08/2018 at 20:54, ac_freeman said:

Presumably you still need to go by shuttle bus to the new gangway?

Yes . Although looks like a few new buses have been brought . One is still Bournemouth yellow buses yellow !

14 minutes ago, DorsetWillsy said:

Yes . Although looks like a few new buses have been brought . One is still Bournemouth yellow buses yellow !

I saw the yellow bus the other week after getting off Libby.  (Had a couple of spins on her recently while we have had the nice weather) New arrival is that bus, never seen it before, wondered why there was one of the local yellow buses by the gangway!

Edited by Khaines

Shieldhall will be around for the week for the Air Festival and have heard that tomorrow she will sound her whistles and have a horn battle with the other vessels in the port.  Barfleur and Libby won’t be there to contribute theirs though. 

Thanks - just returned from another of my ferry "jaunts", this was a first ......Barfleur Poole to Cherbourg on Monday, connecting to Oscar Wilde Cherbourg to Rosslare Monday afternoon, returning directly back to Cherbourg from Rosslare on Tuesday and spending the day in Cherbourg yesterday waiting for a return on a fully booked Barfleur back to Poole. On Monday we drove to the gangway in one of the old yellow buses, but last night we were met by a blue "bendy bus".

Edited by ac_freeman
typo
  • Like 1