Jump to content

Barfleur Club Lounge : Uncomfortable seating


Recommended Posts

I see BF are showing off their new lounge on Barfleur.

 

Looks like a really swish lounge but that seating looks horribly uncomfortable:

 

https://twitter.com/BrittanyFerries/status/832165713775325184/photo/1

 

Now compare that to Stena's "Plus Lounge":

 

 

I really like the way BF do things but how could BF make such a fundamental mistake?

 

IMHO, people like comfortable seats whether it be in a cinema, on an airline or on ship.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I expect us in Poole will be roadtesting them as soon as they are available, I'll do so and no doubt a few others will so there will probably be varying opinions. I am happy to shell out to see what they are like, but I do like my window seats near the shop and self service, they are my favourite perches. Ordinary chairs but comfortable!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I do hope that they ensure that only those passengers that paid for the upgrade are the only ones to use it. When we used it last year it was more like a creche, similar comments when returning on Normandie. In fact a very nice couple who had reserved seats got in an argument with (I assume) the mother of some unruly children who were climbing all over the seats and making enough noise for a dozen children. She obviously hadn't paid the upgrade fare and her comment : if you dont like it go somewhere else

 

Passengers just wandered in and out and selected whatever seats they wanted without any consideration for passengers who had paid the reserved premium. I queried this with BF Customer Service on my return and was told that if I went to Customer Service on board and told them who shouldn't be in there they would sort it out. I didnt think that job was included within my ticket price !!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

My friend was on the Barfleur last week, and said the Kiosk had no offers. i.e the standard 3 for 2 on Toblerones, perfume discounts etc which are advertised in the special offers brochure. Does anyone know why this would have been?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I imagine they are probably treated as a 'premium' product (hence the colouring on the booking engine) and therefore excluded from any day-trip offers. There shouldn't be an issue purchasing one onboard if there is availability.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/03/2017 at 12:43, hf_uk said:

My friend was on the Barfleur last week, and said the Kiosk had no offers. i.e the standard 3 for 2 on Toblerones, perfume discounts etc which are advertised in the special offers brochure. Does anyone know why this would have been?

 

I was on Barfleur on Monday, and there were some offers on some perfumes etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Interesting that BF are choosing to invest  in facilities for the route  a sign that they are confident about it's future?   I was on Barfy a few days ago,  they've moved the Game Zone area  to a space at the bottom end of the shop.  It was quite noisy and could be an annoyance to those sat in the seats opposite the cafe area.   Aside from moving the arcade machines no further work looks to have taken place yet in the new Club area.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If they recline then they might be more comfortable.  I reckon they might be fully booked anyway as there will be a lot wanting to try them out.  I will pay the extra for one to check them out once, but if they are not comfortable then I won't again, simples.  I like the idea of charging points, last year that would have been excellent for me, but now I have a new iPad so the battery lasts longer, I can take both pads with me, I have a powerbank and there is a room in Cherbourg terminal for plugging in devices, so all being well should keep charged up!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Khaines said:

If they recline then they might be more comfortable.  I reckon they might be fully booked anyway as there will be a lot wanting to try them out.  I will pay the extra for one to check them out once, but if they are not comfortable then I won't again, simples.  I like the idea of charging points, last year that would have been excellent for me, but now I have a new iPad so the battery lasts longer, I can take both pads with me, I have a powerbank and there is a room in Cherbourg terminal for plugging in devices, so all being well should keep charged up!!

Well at at least we'll all know when you're on board and charging Khaines. The lights will dim and the crew will start handing out candles.:)

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, G4rth said:

Well at at least we'll all know when you're on board and charging Khaines. The lights will dim and the crew will start handing out candles.:)

Haha - not really, going on board with two fully charged ipads plus a fully charged powerbank should ensure I havr no need to look for onboard charging points.  And I can charge up in Cherbourg too - so no excuse to run out.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...