Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Phil K

A Premature Goodbye

I am considering moving. Not just around the UK, but if I can sort the immigration out, and the work, I may move to Ontario.

Yes, thats Ontario Canada. I have a lot of family there, and when I was visiting in 2002 my cousin thought he could arrange a good job for me. If it all comes off, I shall miss everyone here, and Brittany Ferries, but I feel this is something I should pursue.

This is just an Idea I have had since leaving Uni, but I do feel being near my family is what counts, and if I have the chance I should go for it! If it happens, you shall hear about it, and I have no intention of giving up my moderator duties even if i move 3 and a half thousand miles away!

I shall keep you all updated on what happens from here!

Phil K

Re:A Premature Goodbye

Wicked, that'll be a cool oppertunity for You Phil.

Good luck with everything, no matter what the outcome.

:-)

Good luck, Canada is meant to be a great place, and they speak French......!

Phil,

The decision you are about to make, I feel, in the current climate is the right one. There is nothing left here for the younger generation, except taxation, taxation and even more taxation.

You must do what you feel is right for you and if your heart tells you that is where you should be, then don’t hesitate, do it. As you have family in Canada, you will have an advantage, when it comes to immigration. Even more of an advantage is if you have a job in place when you apply to the immigration service that, I think, will tell them that you are sincere in your reasons to live there. From what I have been told by people I know in Canada, you will have a better quality of life, a better and cleaner environment, and a lower cost of living.

If the offer of employment is there, grab the opportunity with both hands you will not regret it. If I was thirty years younger and had the opportunity that you could be offered, I would not hesitate.

You have my best wishes and if you need any assistance, please don’t hesitate to ask, you have my e-mail address.

Good luck mate i had a chance about 15 years ago and didnt and regretted it ever since.... Bon voyage!

Go for it Phil.

I spent some time in Ontario way back when and loved it. My sister emigrated out there to Alberta and loves the life style. Just be prepared for the cold (REALLY cold) winters. It will be much easier if you have a job offer.

All the best.

Absolutely, go for it mate!! It's a great country & with the wonders of the information superhighway you'll never be far from Brittany Ferries :)