Just out of interest for future reference, do you have to have paper versions of tickets to show at check-ins.  Reason I ask is because I booked my recent trip and had my tickets posted when I normally print them.  I do not have a printer because I hardly ever need to use one apart from printing off tickets.  And anything I need printing off I do via the library or internet cafe.  

Recently Yahoo have introduced two step verification which mean every time I want to print off my tickets I have to send a code to my phone to log in.  This is a bloomin hassle, and although it is meant to provide more security it is a pain in the backside just to print off ferry tickets.  If I could just show the screen version it would be a lot easier.  Can you do this, would make life much easier.  As said I know this extra security is essential in this day and age but I find it such a hassle!!

As long as you have your booking reference number I can't see there would be a problem. The only exception to that would be where you need to print off a voucher to exchange for some service at the other end like a bus tour or a holiday let. Ed. 

We have talked about this many times before. Paper tickets are most certainly not required. If you talk to any of the staff they actually dislike them. Booking reference on a piece of paper, phone, ipad, in your head, it doesn't matter. And if you ask them to print out a ticket for you at the check-in booth it takes a while for the printers to warm up. Best thing to do is not bother I find, unless you need it for directions to accommodations or any other important information which you do not have to hand.

19 minutes ago, wortley said:

I too told customer services I have no printer and they said "I will send  your ticket in the post...you would need to show this at check in " 

I find that very hard to beleive if it was recent times... It was probably because they know some people really WANT a ticket and worry without one.

Ta for replies, appreciated.   I usually print off from an email and keep the email as back up should I lose my paper versions.  I do have another option for printing, and that is a friend of mine that runs a print business in town, he says I can forward the ticket email to him to print off, used to use his business computer to print off tickets anyway, but he stopped letting people use it after somebody installed nasties on it and caused a lot of problems!

24 minutes ago, hf_uk said:

I find that very hard to beleive if it was recent times... It was probably because they know some people really WANT a ticket and worry without one.

My enquiry whether I needed a print out, and their reply,  this month...April 2017.  

20 minutes ago, wortley said:

My enquiry whether I needed a print out, and their reply,  this month...April 2017.  

Thanks Wortley. Fair enough then... but I have not travelled with a ticket in seven years now. how strange!

BF introduced the early version of e-ticket over 20 years ago. As long as you have you passport, and booking reference, that's all you need to check-in. Now having a paper version if purely for "comfort" so you can see details of your trip and accommodation. The documents that were sent to customers were called "travel itinerary" not ticket, and you could have as many reprinted as you wanted. 

I do still print the the pages attached to the confirmation email to make sure I have a hard copy in case of problems with my mobile on either side of the channel. I also often need the third page (invoice) for expenses etc. Ed.