Sign in to follow this  
Gareth

Ben-My-Chree in Belfast

Just an observation, and Manxscorpio may have some insight into this.  I noticed BMC went to Belfast last night, rather than Heysham.  Looked at the timetabled and have seen that she is doing this again on a couple of occasions over the next few months.  Any idea why this is?  I thought the Belfast route was the preserve of Mannanan.

On 14/05/2017 at 14:27, Gareth said:

Just an observation, and Manxscorpio may have some insight into this.  I noticed BMC went to Belfast last night, rather than Heysham.  Looked at the timetabled and have seen that she is doing this again on a couple of occasions over the next few months.  Any idea why this is?  I thought the Belfast route was the preserve of Mannanan.

Sorry for delay - ben away - Can only assume the couple of return sailings tie in for the TT Motorbike Races as a large contingent of both racers and supporters come over to the Island from Northern Ireland.... The IOM TT follows the NI North West 200 races

There is a different timetable in operation due to the fact that with Express out of the picture there is no easily available extra capacity option for the TT.  In effect the existing vessels ARE the extra capacity, just on a shuffled around timetable (as with last year).  Ben also has timetabled visits to Belfast in June and July as well, in fact it is nothing new for her to visit Belfast.  She is a weekly visitor to Belfast between August 6th and December.