Sign in to follow this  
veryoldbear

Off to Norn Iron

A bit of business in Belfast, so for various reasons outward Fishguard to Rosslare (Stena Europe) and back Belfast to Birkenhead (Stena Mersey)

The outward leg was a not exactly restful, with a  Very Short Night and no breakfast. The return leg (daytime) was quite good. The Mersey I deduce is from the same stable as the Etretat judging from the near-vertical ramp to the car park up near the funnel. The cabins are excellent, far better than BF offerings as was the fish and chips. Nice decor, very boaty. Then a curiously protracted exit from Birkenhead due to road closures and an open bridge to let a tanker in.

Interesting experience.

SUNP0121.JPG

SUNP0103.JPG

• Like 1

Very interesting, thanks. What time was your crossing from Fishguard? I've yet to try one of these much talked-about Vissentini ships, from what I've read/seen it seems the Stena Line pair on the Irish Sea are the best by some margin.

Mersey/Lagan are very enjoyable as daytime vessels.  Its a shame more of the series haven't been upgraded in a similar way.

• Like 1

On 23/06/2017 at 12:02, Ryan_H said:

Very interesting, thanks. What time was your crossing from Fishguard? I've yet to try one of these much talked-about Vissentini ships, from what I've read/seen it seems the Stena Line pair on the Irish Sea are the best by some margin.

The Birkenhead pair can't be compared to the rest of the Visentinis.

Very pleasant ships, especially Stena Plus.