James21072000

2018 Schedules & Prices - Now Available

4-6 Wednesday

Evens Tomorrow (Tues)

6-4 Thursday

2-1 next Monday

7-2 Friday

A sad lot, aren't we?

BTW, I'd probably never have been a successful bookie !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hf_uk said:

Why has someone "-1"d my post lol, I have been told end of this week several times now, including today!

I just put you back to '0' but I have no idea what happens next. Ed.  

Curiously the website states that the "Winter 2017/18" schedules are the ones that are about to be published.  Does that mean that what is about to come out will only go up to around March 2018?

1 minute ago, Gareth said:

Curiously the website states that the "Winter 2017/18" schedules are the ones that are about to be published.  Does that mean that what is about to come out will only go up to around March 2018?

I phoned the BF reservations team this morning and booked for June/July 2018. 

• Like 1

Just booked 2018 summer sailings via phone (27/06) phone lines very busy as commodore and deluxe cabins going fast.

• Like 1

A brief summary of the Winter 2017/Summer 2018 timetable:

- Plymouth/Roscoff

Limited service between 6th November 2017 and 2nd March 2018.

- Poole/Cherbourg

No service between 1st February 2018 and 18th February (Barfleur refit 1st Feb - 2nd March). Armorique covering between 19th February and 1st March.

- Portsmouth/St Malo

Bretagne to be laid up over the winter (7th December - 27th March). Pont-Aven covering route.

- Portsmouth/Caen

MSM refitting between 8th January and 9th February. Armorique covering the route.

- Portsmouth/Le Havre

Etretat refutes 12th October - 3rd November 2017. Etretat and Baie de Seine operating as per 2017.

- Portsmouth/Cherbourg

Normandie Express operates between 3rd May - 11th September.

- Plymouth/Santander

Full service resumes 1st April 2018. Cap Finistere operating 8th December 2017 & 16th March 2018.

- Portsmouth/Santander

Cap Finistere refit 7th - 23rd November. Cap Finistere & Baie de Seine operating as per 2017. Pont-Aven resumes service 28th March.

- Portsmouth/Bilbao

Cap Finistere & Baie de Seine operating as per 2017.

- Poole/Bilbao

Pelican operating as per 2017.

- Roscoff/Cork

Sailings resume 30th March.

More info can be found here: http://www.brittany-ferries.co.uk/ferry-routes/2018-sailings-on-sale-now

Nothing showing for Cork-Roscoff next year.....(?)

Looks like the summer offering in Plymouth-Roscoff has been reduced slightly (by 1 sailing per week in each direction).  The Weds night sailing from Roscoff has gone.

Surprised that Pont Aven is not off for refit at some point.  Will have been 2 years by Spring 2018.

5 hours ago, Gareth said:

Nothing showing for Cork-Roscoff next year.....(?)

Looks like the summer offering in Plymouth-Roscoff has been reduced slightly (by 1 sailing per week in each direction).  The Weds night sailing from Roscoff has gone.

Surprised that Pont Aven is not off for refit at some point.  Will have been 2 years by Spring 2018.

Was it last year she had a bit of a stay in Brest too?  I agree, I'd expected to see her off at somepoint. Must be Nov 18..

21 minutes ago, Tumnus2010 said:

Was it last year she had a bit of a stay in Brest too?  I agree, I'd expected to see her off at somepoint. Must be Nov 18..

Time flies but I'm pretty sure the 1-week Brest visit was Jan 2015.

Don`t know if I have missed something, but when browsing the routes and prices, looking particularly at Caen next year, it always used to give you the name of the ship due to operate the route you were booking on. Now for 2018 that information appears to be missing. Or maybe I`ve been looking in the wrong place. Any ideas folks?

Just now, Paully said:

Don`t know if I have missed something, but when browsing the routes and prices, looking particularly at Caen next year, it always used to give you the name of the ship due to operate the route you were booking on. Now for 2018 that information appears to be missing. Or maybe I`ve been looking in the wrong place. Any ideas folks?

If you mean when making a booking, it should say the name of the ship on the right hand side after you've chosen the sailing you want.

12 minutes ago, sness said:

If you mean when making a booking, it should say the name of the ship on the right hand side after you've chosen the sailing you want.

No thats the bit it doesnt do this year, unless its just my computer operating system...which it could be

2 minutes ago, Paully said:

No thats the bit it doesnt do this year, unless its just my computer operating system...which it could be

Hmmm, that's odd, it's worked for me, maybe it would work in a different browser e.g. chrome / firefox ???

image.thumb.png.a359fd978cf309c69aa6533b1a961ebf.png

Edited by sness

32 minutes ago, sness said:

Hmmm, that's odd, it's worked for me, maybe it would work in a different browser e.g. chrome / firefox ???

image.thumb.png.a359fd978cf309c69aa6533b1a961ebf.png

Thanks for that Sness, appreciated. It is a Windows 10 thing maybe but mine doesnt bring it up like yours, as above. Instead I have now got a bottom command line called ` Your booking so far`.press on this and you get the ship details...I`ll never understand these blasted things!!!!!

• Like 1

Well, I managed to make 2 bookings for April and September next year on Cap Finistere to Bilbao with dog friendly cabin (wife refuses to go on Baie de Seine again ) after listening to music for 49 minutes  and was surprised it was only £80 more expensive than Economie , luckily we managed to get the only vacancy for September with dog.

Armorique is gracing us with her presence in Poole next year....😀😀😀😀. Nice to have her back for a short while!!

Last time she was here, I had that fall on her so I would like to have attempt two....😄

Edited by Khaines

41 minutes ago, Khaines said:

Armorique is gracing us with her presence in Poole next year....😀😀😀😀. Nice to have her back for a short while!!

Last time she was here, I had that fall on her so I would like to have attempt two....😄

Armorique finishes covering for MSM at Portsmouth on 9 February and takes over from Barfleur at Cherbourg on 19 February.  Somewhat perversely, she goes back to Plymouth in between where she undertakes a total of 13 passages to or from Roscoff.  A kind of token week in which Plymouth-Roscoff revives during the middle of what is effectively otherwise an 8-week shut-down!

Back on the subject of Pont Aven, looking a bit more closely I see there is a period between 22 November and 7 December when Pont Aven appears to be off service at St Malo.  So she is off service for basically 2 weeks - enough time for a quick visit to Gdansk or possibly another interim dry-docking in Brest?

1 hour ago, Gareth said:

Back on the subject of Pont Aven, looking a bit more closely I see there is a period between 22 November and 7 December when Pont Aven appears to be off service at St Malo.  So she is off service for basically 2 weeks - enough time for a quick visit to Gdansk or possibly another interim dry-docking in Brest?

I'd be surprised to see her off to Gdansk for such a short period of time, especially given the time needed to get there and back again. What's the shortest time we've seen a ship in Gdansk for??

54 minutes ago, sness said:

I'd be surprised to see her off to Gdansk for such a short period of time, especially given the time needed to get there and back again. What's the shortest time we've seen a ship in Gdansk for??

Yes, sorry, both parts of my last sentence were intended as questions.  I was querying whether 2 weeks was enough time for a trip to Gdansk.  Technically Pont Aven could do the trip in 3 days each way, which could leave a week for her to be at the yard, but thinking about it there is also the day she would need to spend either side destoring and storing.  So I agree, it is highly unlikely there would be time for a meaningful trip to Poland.  Must be Brest then?

46 minutes ago, Gareth said:

Yes, sorry, both parts of my last sentence were intended as questions.  I was querying whether 2 weeks was enough time for a trip to Gdansk.  Technically Pont Aven could do the trip in 3 days each way, which could leave a week for her to be at the yard, but thinking about it there is also the day she would need to spend either side destoring and storing.  So I agree, it is highly unlikely there would be time for a meaningful trip to Poland.  Must be Brest then?

Yes, agreed, I would've thought BF would prefer Brest over a Polish mini-break but either way I can't see that there'll be any 'major' changes  in only 2 weeks

22 hours ago, Gareth said:

Armorique finishes covering for MSM at Portsmouth on 9 February and takes over from Barfleur at Cherbourg on 19 February.  Somewhat perversely, she goes back to Plymouth in between where she undertakes a total of 13 passages to or from Roscoff.  A kind of token week in which Plymouth-Roscoff revives during the middle of what is effectively otherwise an 8-week shut-down!

Is that not half term week? It may be a token week as you say, but perhaps well chosen.

33 minutes ago, rjt670 said:

Is that not half term week? It may be a token week as you say, but perhaps well chosen.

Good point.