Sign in to follow this  
Andy

Centro Botin

Santander's long awaited arts and exhibition centre officially opens this Friday (23rd June 2017). Occupying the former ferry port car lanes, the arts centre was designed by Pritzker Prize winning architect Renzo Piano, in collaboration with Luis Vidal and Architects and is seen by many as Santanders answer to Bilbao's Guggenheim.

More info can be found here: http://www.centrobotin.org/

Achingly cool bar on the ground floor, which serves  a pincho of Haribo to go with an excellent Spanish style G&T!  When I went a couple of months back, there weren't very many exhibitions to see, but the building itself is the main exhibit! Love the outside jetties where you can walk out over the bay.

On 20/05/2018 at 19:47, Galicia Voyager said:

Achingly cool bar on the ground floor, which serves  a pincho of Haribo to go with an excellent Spanish style G&T!  When I went a couple of months back, there weren't very many exhibitions to see, but the building itself is the main exhibit! Love the outside jetties where you can walk out over the bay.

Will check that out in July when we park up waiting for Connemara to Cork. Will be interesting to compare the quantity and price with what we get down here in our little backwater of Ayamonte. The 7second pour on the gin definitely floats the ice, then proper lemon or lime slice or both with a Schweppes tonic. All up €4.50. Two of those in the evening at our little bread shop on the way home and I sleep like the dead!