christophe

Barfleur's new seating area

Thanks for the pictures Christophe,

The impression they give me are she looks like a ship that will be doing sterling BF service for quite a few more years to come........;)

Chris

Somehow they have managed to make it look even less inviting than the 'sneak peek' photos suggested. Well done all concerned! The wall mounted TV screen means that you either get a cricked neck trying to watch it or have the entire rest of the cabin staring in your direction as they watch whatever is on and you try to read your book/paper and pretend you don't mind paying £18 for a restricted view. Plus it will have to be a silent movie as people have chosen the quiet lounge option. And they seem to have hidden the far door within the panelling so you can't find the way out.

On the plus side, if the sea-marshals on board do catch any suspected terrorists they can just stick them in the lounge for a few minutes (with that indescribable carpet - the closest I can get is a Miami-Vice-era nightclub) and they'll be confessing all and asking to be transferred to Guantanamo as the water-boarding is more enjoyable. Ed

Despite the negative comments from people who have only seen pictures of the lounge, I'll hold  judgement until I've tried out the  facility - At least BF are investing in the Poole - Cherbourg route, it wasn't that long ago that Barfleur was looking at a much less positive future! 

Although TBH because of the half price or free cabins with the travel club, I'll only ever use it when the cabins have all sold out! 

I would also be more likely to buy a seat it if the lounge became an 'adult only' facility....   A few weeks ago, I had the pleasure of kids screaming, running around & being a general nuisance around me while "mummy & daddy" had a pint & let their kid run riot.

Edited by daves_pad!

Will book her up myself soon again, been as good as housebound recently due to 3 medication changes and the hot weather has caused me a few problems as well, not been able to walk far, let alone travel.  I really want to see her new look!

12 minutes ago, daves_pad! said:

Despite the negative comments from people who have only seen pictures of the lounge, I'll hold  judgement until I've tried out the  facility - At least BF are investing in the Poole - Cherbourg route, it wasn't that long ago that Barfleur was looking at a much less positive future! 

Although TBH because of the half price or free cabins with the travel club, I'll only ever use it when the cabins have all sold out! 

I would also be more likely to buy a seat it if the lounge became an 'adult only' facility....   A few weeks ago, I had the pleasure of kids screaming, running around & being a general nuisance around me while "mummy & daddy" had a pint & let their kid run riot.

I don't normally travel during the school holidays, but might well do so this year because illness has stopped me going anywhere the past month when I would have normally got one in before hiding from the school holiday crowds!!

In the latest edition of "Shippaxinfo" there is a full page advert by Georg Eknes Industrier AS of Norway, manufacturers of reclining seats etc. The products illustrated look exactly like  the seats installed in Barfleur's new club class lounge including the yellow colour.  Obviously someone other than BF believes yellow is a good colour for items of this kind.

On 11/07/2017 at 20:13, Cabin-boy said:

The wall mounted TV screen means that you either get a cricked neck trying to watch it or have the entire rest of the cabin staring in your direction as they watch whatever is on and you try to read your book/paper and pretend you don't mind paying £18 for a restricted view.

Having the TV there does seem a bit of an odd design choice!

On 11/07/2017 at 20:13, Cabin-boy said:

And they seem to have hidden the far door within the panelling so you can't find the way out.

That's the door to the Galley from when the space was the a la carte restaurant so it is redundant now.

The yellow and grey palette in the Club Lounge is a, possibly unintentional, return to the original colours used throughout various parts of the vessel. Very Truckline!

The seats are very comfortable and have a built in reading light and the coffee is good , they are also very popular and are booked up! 

This area can only be entered by using you're ticket to enter ( if you've paid )