Andy

HONFLEUR - Arriving in 2019

4 hours ago, Raik said:

Do you have any inside information on the calculation and pricing of the Siem RoRos? Two of them are still under construction.

I've sent you a personal message with information.

I have not been reading this topic but got a e mail  off bf stating the new ferry would not be ready for the summer season ,was this expected because they have just added 12 pet friendly cabins to the ferry that is taking its place?it sounds to me they knew it was going to be delayed a while back.

46 minutes ago, nodwad said:

I have not been reading this topic but got a e mail  off bf stating the new ferry would not be ready for the summer season ,was this expected because they have just added 12 pet friendly cabins to the ferry that is taking its place?it sounds to me they knew it was going to be delayed a while back.

Most of your queries can be answered by having a quick peruse of the thread....it makes a good read! 😉

Let's not get ahead of ourselves and seeing Herr Windhorst as a master magician who is going to weave a financial spell over FSG.

As both Jonno and Paully pointed out, he is the kind of person that [in a previous life] I used to describe as "a controversial investor" or similar terms which made cautious night lawyers fret.

Nevertheless, some of his business ventures have made good profits over several years. So if he can make a genuine profit from the business in the normal course of activities, that is great news.

From the marine engineering viewpoint, FSG itself (as opposed to one or two of its prime suppliers) is a successful business.

The obvious danger, when a financial investor – rather than one from a related industrial or commercial background – moves in, that the business is forced to focus on short-term revenue and profit opportunities rather than long-term sustainability.

Fingers crossed.

52 minutes ago, kenw said:

Let's not get ahead of ourselves and seeing Herr Windhorst as a master magician who is going to weave a financial spell over FSG.

I think that the main thing from the perspective of this thread (and forum) is that the yard will be solvent during the period when Honfleur is completed.

Who knows what the future holds, he is obviously investing to make money.