Andy

HONFLEUR - Arriving in 2019

5 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

Let us know when it's dry, won't you! Ed. 

I'll probably miss it, I do have grass to attend to as well you know!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, jonno said:

I'll probably miss it, I do have grass to attend to as well you know!

While you are out there, keep an eye on the night sky. You might spot the meteor shower. Ed

1 minute ago, Cabin-boy said:

While you are out there, keep an eye on the night sky. You might spot the meteor shower. Ed

I can't, the lamp on my tin hat kills most of my night vision... dropped me ruler now so I'll have to start again... glad it's metric, I only need to count to ten so I can leave me shoes on!

Polish tug "Uran" is towing it. Already in the middle of the Flensburger Förde, so it should arrive at the shipyard early this evening.

Read online from someone at the launch and who has contacts in the business it’s now looking like September before she’s ready, make of that what you will but it won’t be the biggest surprise ever.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, neilcvx said:

Read online from someone at the launch and who has contacts in the business it’s now looking like September before she’s ready, make of that what you will but it won’t be the biggest surprise ever.

If she isn't ready before June 10th, what happens? Armorique cannot cover because of Plym-Ros. 

It is generally assumed on here that the current arrangements will remain in operation for as long as needed.  So Etretat will remain on the Le Havre route, and Normandie on the Caen route, until Honfleur arrives.

We have surmised that that contingency is the reason why (a) Normandie’s Le Havre sailings are still priced at Economie pricing, and (b) Honfleur is scheduled to take on Normandie’s schedule, rather than MSM’s, upon her arrival.

• Like 1

It’s worth remembering that what I posted is still a rumour so far, but having said that I have no reason to doubt the person that said it .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, neilcvx said:

It’s worth remembering that what I posted is still a rumour so far, but having said that I have no reason to doubt the person that said it .

Can you put the link that you read it on ?

https://www.ndr.de/nachrichten/schleswig-holstein/Flensburger-Werft-in-finanzieller-Schieflage,fsg248.html

Can’t copy a straight google translate but basically FSG are on the brink of bankruptcy.

The salaries for January are safe. This was the central message of a staff meeting for the 650 permanent employees of the Flensburger Schiffbau-Gesellschaft (FSG) last Friday. That's the good news. But what about the February salary? According to information from NDR Schleswig-Holstein, the Flensburg shipyard is in a difficult financial situation. Delays in a new construction would have led to significant losses, the shipyard confirmed on Monday on demand.

Apparently, the FSG has not paid invoices from suppliers. Various observers report that many employees of external companies have left the site. Around 1,800 workers - permanent employees, contract workers and contract workers - normally work on the grounds of the FSG. Now work remains, although the yard is under time pressure. The new ships must be delivered. Already in summer, the large passenger ferry "Honfleur" should leave the shipyard. With delayed deliveries usually conventional penalties are due.”

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

A large slice, I'd guess, especially if IF have asked for a chunk of cash to be set aside in case they have to compensate passengers.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/irish-ferries-ordered-to-pay-compensation-over-wb-yeats-delay-1.3773368?mode=amp&fbclid=IwAR0HtJigIxqEvhmtAXpTsfR8_FCOeuu99xuqPVRQf6oHmoC_uu_ExuaAV0M

Ed. 

Edited by Cabin-boy
  • Like 2

I would imagine BF are feeling a bit nervous to say the least. Especially if Honfleur ends up being completed elsewhere. Still, at least she is afloat! Nornamdie may soldier on to Caen for a while yet.

2 minutes ago, cvabishop said:

I would imagine BF are feeling a bit nervous to say the least. Especially if Honfleur ends up being completed elsewhere. Still, at least she is afloat! Nornamdie may soldier on to Caen for a while yet.

I think that, after the recent mishandling of the extra Brexit ferry services, BF will need to be totally honest (and as soon as possible) with their customers if there is a delay in Honfleur's delivery schedule to avoid any further bad feelings. Ed.