Andy

HONFLEUR - Arriving June 2019

For what it's worth I and I'm sure others will need to forget making a time laps video of the build now as the webcam has been down to long to finish it it full. ;-((

Edited by Eddies

Just emailed the yard that is building the Honfleur to see what is going on with the building hall webcam.

43 minutes ago, giloine said:

I thought about it ... but I doubt that you have an answer ....

Don’t ask don’t get.

44 minutes ago, Andy said:

The lastest update to the building blog has been published, which focuses on the accommodation blocks being built in Poland. 

More: http://bit.ly/2QwTPm6

I hope Benjamin is good at measuring things .

Just thinking.

with a new livery being introduced, are they painting the new livery on the Honfleur?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, jamie said:

Just thinking.

with a new livery being introduced, are they painting the new livery on the Honfleur?

It would explain the webcam being off. Ed. 

Interesting about the fact that Benjamin will be on board once she's launched. I'd not thought so much about that. Presumably the senior officers are already established, must be a bit of a merry go round to get it all sorted. Presumably some might transfer from Normandie but not that many?

1 hour ago, jamie said:

Just thinking.

Very good thought.

That maybe why the webcam is of maybe bf requested it to be off so that's the logo stays hidden while they paint it

That makes sense - about the camera.

Painting her in old livery (anywhere) does not make sense.

On 12/11/2018 at 20:17, Gareth said:

Very good thought.

Brittany Ferries have told me on Twitter that the camera going down could be just a glitch, nothing to do with them requesting the camera goes offline. They are going to contact the shipyard to find out what's wrong with the camera.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TonyMWeaver said:

Brittany Ferries have told me on Twitter that the camera going down could be just a glitch, nothing to do with them requesting the camera goes offline. They are going to contact the shipyard to find out what's wrong with the camera.

Well done , it's back , must have been that sabetoure that turned off the cooling valve on the W B Yeats .

Another section added at the bow - the one with the anchor recesses.  Will the next (last?) section have the bow doors fitted?

It's good to have the Webcam working again but have missed around 6 sections going in along with the 2 Anchor winches missed. ;-((

I remember the door being open in the very early days of construction, but not since then until today.  There have been a few days when it has been really murky in the Hall with all the welding and cutting.  Must be a nice day in Flensburg or they are using a process that requires better ventilation.

46 minutes ago, hf_uk said:

It looks like they have the construction shed door open today... has that happened before?

This is the greatest scandal of our time. ;)

• Haha 1

There was a delivery at the front door today , a coaster was alongside just outside the doors with the gantry crane unloading it into the building hall  to a spot just below the camera .