HONFLEUR - New Build for Ouistreham Route - CANCELLED

1 hour ago, tarbyonline said:

Unless something has significantly changed, BDS is only on charter until April with no option to extend as DFDS require her themselves.  Perhaps BF are lining up a replacement vessel and using her as a "placeholder"?

Yeah this bad boy!

2013212725_SiljaEuropa.jpeg.f8934438a20b9dc276fa22ef7291bed0.jpeg

Ok, I'll leave amphetamines alone now...

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That may well be the view being presented for now, but things can change. My point being that until the several thousand tons of hull sat floating actually have a decided future, I wouldn't 100% disco

I get the impression we've put more hours into this thread than the German shipyard have into the real ship. Ed. 

And don't forget that the ship's real achievement was the production of zero CO2 emissions, zero waste water and zero satisfied passengers for the whole of the 2019 summer season. Ed. 

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, jonno said:

Yeah this bad boy!

2013212725_SiljaEuropa.jpeg.f8934438a20b9dc276fa22ef7291bed0.jpeg

Ok, I'll leave amphetamines alone now...

LMAO.  You know that thing burns Euro notes and not fuel oil? Actually, Gold bars if you believe some lol ;) 

Edited by tarbyonline

The current hull in the shipbuilding hall looks almost ready to launch so next Monday for Keel laying of the Honfleur still looks possible. (if they find somewhere for the hull to go!)

Links to the 2 webcams (Hall and Pier) are shown on https://www.fsg-ship.de/wordpress/en/about-us/

My guess is that the current hull will launch on Thursday

Edited by David Williams
1 hour ago, Cabin-boy said:

Well there is a big one sitting just outside the hall doors

Hopefully it won't be there much longer as the WB Yeats is meant to be 'in service' next month and they have not done any sea trials etc.. Maybe they will complete the finishing work at sea.

The  hull could go to another pier for a week or so to stick on the top bit.

They were working hard last night finishing the painting off so I still reckon there is a good chance of launching this week with keel laying of the Honfleur on Monday as planned.

2 hours ago, Cabin-boy said:

Unless they are relaunching W B Yeats, in which case VIP stands for Vexed Irish Passengers. Ed. 

2 hours ago, David Williams said:

correction, I think that they are launching today as they are putting the vip seating out.

Capture.JPG.9b39ca054d7ae23ca6feadbf560b86a0.JPG

I think tomorrow will be launch day

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, jamie said:

I think tomorrow will be launch day

Well we will see within 24 hours - they launched the last one on a Thursday, however they have now added the fairy lights !

Mind you I have already covered both options !

On 30/07/2018 at 18:54, David Williams said:

My guess is that the current hull will launch on Thursday

1300.JPG.a3290f604f217e9ad23132f3a30d6321.JPG

Edited by David Williams
18 minutes ago, hf_uk said:

W B Yeates and Alf Pollack. It's the year of daft names for ships.

Anyway it can't be - look at this vid and the date: https://video.ilmessaggero.it/motori/tirrenia_varata_la_alf_pollack-3707408.html 

Yeah I think the Alf Pollack was the one already outside on the jetty. Looking at the hall webcam this morning her name begins with an 'M'. The Maria something?

Edited by jonno
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, jonno said:

Yeah I think the Alf Pollack was the one already outside on the jetty. Looking at the hall webcam this morning her name begins with an 'M'. The Maria something?

She's the Maria Grazia Onorato, named in honour of Vincenzo Onorato's mother, the Moby matriarch.

http://www.themeditelegraph.com/it/shipping/shipowners/2018/08/02/varata-maria-grazia-onorato-gallery-YgPRM8MkfHOzyXxF5lal3H/index.html

Edited by hhvferry
  • Like 3

The paint job looks good !

It is impressive that FSG assembled this in 3 months, the sister ship was launched on the 3rd May.

They can obviously build ships well, we can only hope that they learnt from the Irish Ferry the finishing details required for loads of passengers,

It will be interesting to watch the Honfleur being assembled.

All being well we’ll see Honfleur starting to come together from Monday.  Let’s hope all the measuring tapes have been calibrated and everyone is working in the same units!  ALF POLLAK is scheduled for delivery in October and MARIA GRAZIA ONORATO in early 2019.  Must say I quite like the unique livery on this one!  It’s a bit of a political message and quite clever given the double meaning of the word Onorato in this case. (Honour for Italian seafarers/Onorato (group) for Italian Seafarers) .

I have the same pics as the link HHV shared on NIFS, but the text is in English 😜

https://www.niferry.co.uk/fsg-launch-new-vessel-onorato-tirrenia/

Edited by tarbyonline
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, tarbyonline said:

Must say I quite like the unique livery on this one!  It’s a bit of a political message and quite clever given the double meaning of the word Onorato in this case. (Honour for Italian seafarers/Onorato (group) for Italian Seafarers) .

It also gives them a bit more time to ponder what brand they'll use, Tirrenia, Moby or some combination. I see Alf Pollack has got herself a Moby funnel if nothing else.

• Like 1
  • Andy changed the title to HONFLEUR - Arriving in 2019
  • Gareth locked this topic