HONFLEUR - New Build for Ouistreham Route - CANCELLED

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That may well be the view being presented for now, but things can change. My point being that until the several thousand tons of hull sat floating actually have a decided future, I wouldn't 100% disco

I get the impression we've put more hours into this thread than the German shipyard have into the real ship. Ed. 

And don't forget that the ship's real achievement was the production of zero CO2 emissions, zero waste water and zero satisfied passengers for the whole of the 2019 summer season. Ed. 

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Gareth said:

If all goes well......! 🤞

How many of BF's previous newbuilds have arrived on schedule? 

I remember the Mont was significantly delayed but I also seem to think Bretagne and Barfleur arrived later than originally planned? Seem to think i'd read it somewhere.

41 minutes ago, chid679 said:

How many of BF's previous newbuilds have arrived on schedule? 

I remember the Mont was significantly delayed but I also seem to think Bretagne and Barfleur arrived later than originally planned? Seem to think i'd read it somewhere.

Barfleur was delivred later because BAI decided to increase her capacity during the build..... (official reason).

8 hours ago, David Williams said:

Aiden, thanks for the video, only 3 months worth to go !

It doesn't work on my PC , however is fine on my ipad. It works better when viewed manually 

sorry about it not being compatible on PC im trying to fix it 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 19/09/2018 at 20:36, Cabin-boy said:

I'd be more worried that they put it in the wrong way round given their track record. Ed. 

That's alright. It's got reversable pitch propellers, just flip them round and run backwards all the time :)

• Haha 2

Sorry, I put this in the Irish Ferries thread a few moments ago by mistake, mixed up my threads... there appears, according to 'Ferry Site' to be only a 7m difference in length between WBY and Honfleur.  It seems to me that they build from the back and push up the slope...though that in itself could be an optical illusion.  What ever the case, it is an amazing process!

Again, sorry about messing up my threads!

Yes, bow at this end.  The complete section with 'box' on top and with the lower flat areas on each side arrived yesterday.  Probably another smaller section and then the bulbous bow to complete the lower hull.  It's a bit like Lego!

7 hours ago, Cabin-boy said:

I would be pretty sure that the bow is closest to the camera and that the exit doors are at the far end of the hall. Ed. 

Correct Ed, Some sections will be towed from Gdansk in a similar way to WBY although this time FSG are keeping a very close eye on them during the build. One of the project managers who will also look after the NZ's TT Line builds has spent more time in Poland than at the shipyard.

Gareth, I think that answers the other question too.

4 hours ago, Chaplain said:

Sorry, I put this in the Irish Ferries thread a few moments ago by mistake, mixed up my threads... there appears, according to 'Ferry Site' to be only a 7m difference in length between WBY and Honfleur.  It seems to me that they build from the back and push up the slope...though that in itself could be an optical illusion.  What ever the case, it is an amazing process!

Again, sorry about messing up my threads!

Yes, Honfleur's length came as a bit of a shock to a few of us considering the current Caen ships, she's over 25 metres longer than Normandie.

• Andy changed the title to HONFLEUR - Arriving in 2019
  • Gareth locked this topic