HONFLEUR - New Build for Ouistreham Route - CANCELLED

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That may well be the view being presented for now, but things can change. My point being that until the several thousand tons of hull sat floating actually have a decided future, I wouldn't 100% disco

I get the impression we've put more hours into this thread than the German shipyard have into the real ship. Ed. 

And don't forget that the ship's real achievement was the production of zero CO2 emissions, zero waste water and zero satisfied passengers for the whole of the 2019 summer season. Ed. 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Andy said:

Works to commence shortly in Ouistreham in order to accommodate the Honfleurs increased length.

https://actu.fr/normandie/ouistreham_14488/port-caen-ouistreham-1-million-deuros-travaux-accueillir-ferry-honfleur_20135645.html

The work is planned from April to the end of June assuming that they get through the environmental consulation. I can’t see the Honfleur starting service in July.

I travelled into Gdansk this morning and on the way in was sure I saw a sillouett  similar to the Armorique’s front part - not in the Remontowa shipyard but a mile or two down river to the east.  Unfortunately I didn’t manage to take a picture.

Could this this mean the hat only one part of Honfleur has left for Flensburg and that the forward part of the superstructure is yet to go? 

Also saw Polferries’ Nova Star in port - didn’t realise till now that the berthing location has moved across to the other side of the river.

Currently making my way to Gdynia for Stena Line’s overnight crossing to Karlskrona with the Stena Vision, which was built at the Lenin Shipyard in Gdansk during the Solidarnosh era.  The Europejskie Centrum Solidarnosci museum located at one of the entrance’s to the shipyard is worth visiting, even if just to access the roof top terrace for views of the shipyard, although sadly no ferries apart from the roro Finnsea appeared to be in dock today.

51502B10-40A9-4291-8176-227277B957CB.jpeg

54413D8D-F69B-4DBD-BD55-E4AE8ADB3E8C.jpeg

• Like 2
2 hours ago, jamie said:

Maybe the freighter that is being fitted out has sunk.

Moved across the fjord to allow WBY to take her place. Honfleur will slip into the berth next to the building hall.

1 hour ago, Hampshire said:

Could this this mean the hat only one part of Honfleur has left for Flensburg and that the forward part of the superstructure is yet to go? 

Bridge section will begin it's journey later this week. The rest of the stern section has been built outside at FSG.

46 minutes ago, jamie said:

There is another tug on its way from Poland to the ship yard a few miles in front of the one carrying a section of the Honfleur’s super structure

CB915B54-4003-4C66-B08B-2614590D19F3.png

There is 2 tugboats bringing the first section there the next section will start it journey next week

3 hours ago, jamie said:

There is another tug on its way from Poland to the ship yard a few miles in front of the one carrying a section of the Honfleur’s super structure

CB915B54-4003-4C66-B08B-2614590D19F3.png

I believe tugs 'Wulf 9' and 'Odys' are towing this 1st section of the superstructure. Tug 'Odys' looks further behind as she went out of range briefly.

2 minutes ago, TonyMWeaver said:

I believe tugs 'Wulf 9' and 'Odys' are towing this 1st section of the superstructure. Tug 'Odys' looks further behind as she went out of range briefly.

You're right Tony, I posted this yesterday. Wulf 9 is solo with the superstructure barge, I've been told Odys is tugging a crane.

4 hours ago, giloine said:

But the upper deck bow door is not yet installed ....

The forward superstructure needs to be fitted first as it's where the power and mechanisms for it are housed. Take a look at WBY on the pier webcam, it offers a good indication of how it will be fitted.

Edited by jonno
  • Andy changed the title to HONFLEUR - Arriving in 2019
  • Gareth locked this topic