Andy

HONFLEUR - New Build for Ouistreham Route - CANCELLED

Plenty of time to get the thread to 100 pages then:)

Just made it 80 with that. lol.

In all seriousness, a shame if she didn't appear sooner, but really is this year (at any point) the best to show off such a big investment and stunning new vessel for BF? 

One wonders what all the Honfleur project managers are doing:O

1 hour ago, hf_uk said:

In all seriousness, a shame if she didn't appear sooner, but really is this year (at any point) the best to show off such a big investment and stunning new vessel for BF? 

Replying to emails?:D

12 hours ago, hf_uk said:

Depends how many posts per page you have ;)

• Thanks 1

Just had my email confirming the change to Normandie changed the cabin to a commodore although I’m still pretty certain that we won’t be going at all.

• Like 1

On 27/03/2020 at 17:07, hf_uk said:

Also - just noticed - her stern ramp is the same as Armorique, having more space to one side. (Unlike Cotentin) 
Wonder if this is to make her more suitable in more ports. - like the CF cannot use her stern passenger ramp in Plymouth - because there is not enough space on that side.

That's exactly right.

29 minutes ago, scarlton said:

That's exactly right.

More suitable ??? Well she will have to be finished first and there’s no sign of that happening anytime soon or this year even maybe next year or maybe not, If CJ wrote a blog about Barfleurs build he could make a novel out of Honfleurs build .

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, neilcvx said:

More suitable ??? Well she will have to be finished first and there’s no sign of that happening anytime soon or this year even maybe next year or maybe not, If CJ wrote a blog about Barfleurs build he could make a novel out of Honfleurs build .

I was more refering to Armorique but it could apply to Honfleur.

• Like 1

Just now, scarlton said:

I was more refering to Armorique but it could apply to Honfleur.

I do love a trip on Armorique she has a special place in my holiday memories.

2 hours ago, neilcvx said:

I do love a trip on Armorique she has a special place in my holiday memories.

I know you are a bit under the weather, so we will forgive you....

• Haha 3

June next year is the next approximate date that I’ve heard from folk in the know but I suppose that’s err subject to change.

On 13/04/2020 at 04:04, neilcvx said:

June next year is the next approximate date that I’ve heard from folk in the know but I suppose that’s err subject to change.

Crazy, so not really time to bed in before the 'full' season... 

I'm still hoping for a 2020 arrival. Together with Galicia it would bring a bit of a positive atmosphere to what has been a dreadful year so far.

• Like 1

https://www.brittany-ferries.co.uk/information/coronavirus/your-sailings#tab-4

“We’re currently operating a skeleton service for commercial traffic only. This is delivering critical goods to the UK, including food and medicine, and will continue for some time. We aren’t currently able to offer any passenger services for a variety of reasons including: safety requirements, travel restrictions, social distancing measures and key operational staff availability. As I am sure you can imagine, the list goes on but, in short, it’s out of our hands for the time being.

As I write today, Mont St Michel, Cap Finistère, Kerry and Connemara from our fleet are operating freight-only services.

That said, we’re working around the clock to be ready to resume some passenger services at the earliest opportunity. We are liaising daily with the relevant authorities and scrutinising our own ability to make sure we can safeguard those services moving into the future.

It’s increasingly clear that our passenger services will have to adapt to the new normal we will all face. We need to balance what our customers expect in terms of onboard experience with what authorities and our own operations can facilitate. There will be changes and we’ll need to ensure those changes are viable but again, I’m confident that our unique position in the industry will allow us to flex and innovate to meet the challenge. I’ll keep you posted with progress on these pages.

If you are among the small number of people wishing to travel back with Brittany Ferries passenger services in the immediate future, I’m afraid I can offer little guarantee at this stage. There are people throughout the world being flown home following governmental intervention and, with this in mind, I recommend contacting your local consul for the best advice if repatriation is absolutely essential. I wish there were more we could do today but there is not. And it is important that I am clear with you on this issue.

You may be aware that our new ship Honfleur has been further delayed, perhaps unsurprisingly, and won’t now begin service in 2020. The supply chains facilitating the new-build’s closing stages have been closed as part of the wider EU lockdown. It’s disappointing for us but luckily we had a contingency plan in place and are able to rearrange our fleet to ensure none of her sailings need to be cancelled; they will just be operated by a different ship.”

It was confirmed on their website with the statement by Christophe Mathieu that I posted on Wednesday.

The 3rd email I’ve had about my changed sailing stating  the reasons.

I'm sorry to advise that, due to a delay in the delivery of our new ship Honfleur, your sailing will now be on Normandie. The departure and arrival times of your sailing remain unchanged and a new ticket is attached. 

The delay in the delivery of Honfleur is the disappointing result of a combination of factors outside our control. The global COVID-19 pandemic has closed down many critical supply chains and significantly impeded several of our partners' progress with the final stages of this innovative and exciting ship build. The shipyard itself is temporarily and understandably not operating for the time being. We're looking forward to receiving the ship in due course but, with a heavy heart, I must advise it won't be in time for this sailing.

Please accept my apologies, I wholeheartedly share your disappointment. We may not be able to welcome you on board Honfleur as expected but I'm sure you will have a comfortable and pleasant sailing on board Normandie.

• Sad 2

So what’s the thinking on here for a delivery date then seeing as there’s no work going on and won’t be for a while now , the supply chains have dried up and the yard was in severe financial difficulties before Covid supplied a good old kick in the ,,,,,

• Like 1

Does anybody think the vouchers will have expired before She arrives?

• Haha 1

Just now, IanN said:

Does anybody think the vouchers will have expired before She arrives?

Given they are valid for two years, I'd hope not - but there are so many factors at play in terms of the ongoing Covid-19 situation and the knock-on effect to an already troubled shipyard, plus all the businesses in the supply chain, I wouldn't place bets either way.

Sorry poor attempt at humour in theses trying circumstances :)

;) I still wouldn't place a bet either way!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jim said:

;) I still wouldn't place a bet either way!

Some folk are quoting next  spring which seems best case scenario, who knows when or maybe even if the yard will start up again .