Andy

HONFLEUR - New Build for Ouistreham Route

5 hours ago, tarbyonline said:

Don't know any Roisin.  Is she single? 👀

No idea!  For the moment she's just a figment of my imagination. But she's definitely saucy! Ed. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

No idea!  For the moment she's just a figment of my imagination. But she's definitely saucy! Ed. 

She looks lovely in Battleship Grey with  the rest of her sisters in the Irish Naval Service .

So Siem have bailed out, no wonder IF are looking elsewhere for their new vessel. Lets all hope that the Honfleur gets fitted out and delivered but there must be some anxiety in BF Towers.

3 minutes ago, Paully said:

So Siem have bailed out, no wonder IF are looking elsewhere for their new vessel. Lets all hope that the Honfleur gets fitted out and delivered but there must be some anxiety in BF Towers.

I am sure that there will be no problem with the Honfleur, it is clear from the actions of the owners that they have a clear business model over the next 4 months, they are clearly managing the completion of the Honfleur plus the last Siem build (which they slowed down) to ensure cash flow works, in addition they have temporarily laid off staff or introduced short time working in some departments. 

However as they have not started steel cutting for any more ships, they will start to have major problems soon as large numbers of departments will have no work 

Episode three.

A BF director arrives in China for the second keel-laying ceremony, for the ship due to be called Salamanca. Also present are Sven, Stena's commercial director, and Mr Lam the shipyard owner.

Mr Lam:
"Welcome in China Monster! Is pleasure to see yiu gain. Everyting is ready for ceremony. Come wit me, please."

They arrive at the bottom of the dry dock and stand in front of the block on which the first piece of the keel will be laid.

BF Director:
"Zis shipyard is very impresionant, Monsieur Lam. So big, so efficace! How iz your relations with social partners?"

Mr Lam (looking confused):
"What you mean social partners? You wanna dance wit me?"

BF Director:
"No, sorry. I mean ze union representatives. You know, worker rights, social protection, security - no sorry - safety for your salaries - sorry - employees?"

Mr Lam looks at his colleagues gathered round and laughter echoes around the dock.

Mr Lam:
"Right, Monster, we mus get move on. Work to do! Give me con!"

BF Director:
"Con? Zat is not very polite Monsieur Lam!"

Mr Lam (rubbing two fingers together):
"No, con, money to put under keel."

BF Director:
"Ah! Quoin! Yes, is in my poche. (Rummages around in his pocket but finds nothing). Zut alors! Where is the quoin? It was 'ere zis morning."

Mr Lam (looking impatient):
"So, Monster, where is con?"

BF Director (turning to Sven):
"I'm very desolate, Sven, have you got quoin I can borrow?"

Sven:
"Of course, no problem. Here at Stena we are always happy to lend your company our assets. (Holds out a shiny new coin) But remember you have to give us something in exchange. Last time we gave you Etretat and you gave us Cotentin."

BF Director:
"But is only 2 euros. Is nothing! We can pay you back very rapide."

Sven: 
"I'm sorry but that's not how it works. What can you give me now of a similar value?"

BF Director (Rolling up his sleeve and showing off his Rolex):
"I pay this yesterday in ze market here. You like it? 
(Sven shakes his head and makes are a gesture with his hand to suggest he wants more) 
And zis? (Shows Sven a BF pen with a floating ship inside) It has ze new logo. 
(Sven pulls an identical pen with a Stena ship from his pocket and shakes his head)
OK, I have ze asset list 'ere in my poche. (Pulls out a piece of paper) Right, Pont Aven?"

Sven (Shaking his head):
"Too broken!"

BF Director:
"Cap Finistere?"

Sven:
"We have already got one."

BF Director:
"Baie de Seine?"

Sven:
"She's not yours, is she?"

BF Director:
"Merde! OK, how 'bout NEX?"

Sven:
"Too expensive to run."

BF Director:
"Bretagne?"

Sven:
"Too old. Come on, it's only 2 euros, you must have something!"

BF Director:
"Barf......"

Sven:
"OK, stop. Keep the money. After all what's two euros between friends?"

Ed

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

Episode three.

A BF director arrives in China for the second keel-laying ceremony, for the ship due to be called Salamanca. Also present are Sven, Stena's commercial director, and Mr Lam the shipyard owner.

Mr Lam:
"Welcome in China Monster! Is pleasure to see yiu gain. Everyting is ready for ceremony. Come wit me, please."

They arrive at the bottom of the dry dock and stand in front of the block on which the first piece of the keel will be laid.

BF Director:
"Zis shipyard is very impresionant, Monsieur Lam. So big, so efficace! How iz your relations with social partners?"

Mr Lam (looking confused):
"What you mean social partners? You wanna dance wit me?"

BF Director:
"No, sorry. I mean ze union representatives. You know, worker rights, social protection, security - no sorry - safety for your salaries - sorry - employees?"

Mr Lam looks at his colleagues gathered round and laughter echoes around the dock.

Mr Lam:
"Right, Monster, we mus get move on. Work to do! Give me con!"

BF Director:
"Con? Zat is not very polite Monsieur Lam!"

Mr Lam (rubbing two fingers together):
"No, con, money to put under keel."

BF Director:
"Ah! Quoin! Yes, is in my poche. (Rummages around in his pocket but finds nothing). Zut alors! Where is the quoin? It was 'ere zis morning."

Mr Lam (looking impatient):
"So, Monster, where is con?"

BF Director (turning to Sven):
"I'm very desolate, Sven, have you got quoin I can borrow?"

Sven:
"Of course, no problem. Here at Stena we are always happy to lend your company our assets. (Holds out a shiny new coin) But remember you have to give us something in exchange. Last time we gave you Etretat and you gave us Cotentin."

BF Director:
"But is only 2 euros. Is nothing! We can pay you back very rapide."

Sven: 
"I'm sorry but that's not how it works. What can you give me now of a similar value?"

BF Director (Rolling up his sleeve and showing off his Rolex):
"I pay this yesterday in ze market here. You like it? 
(Sven shakes his head and makes are a gesture with his hand to suggest he wants more) 
And zis? (Shows Sven a BF pen with a floating ship inside) It has ze new logo. 
(Sven pulls an identical pen with a Stena ship from his pocket and shakes his head)
OK, I have ze asset list 'ere in my poche. (Pulls out a piece of paper) Right, Pont Aven?"

Sven (Shaking his head):
"Too broken!"

BF Director:
"Cap Finistere?"

Sven:
"We have already got one."

BF Director:
"Baie de Seine?"

Sven:
"She's not yours, is she?"

BF Director:
"Merde! OK, how 'bout NEX?"

Sven:
"Too expensive to run."

BF Director:
"Bretagne?"

Sven:
"Too old. Come on, it's only 2 euros, you must have something!"

BF Director:
"Barf......"

Sven:
"OK, stop. Keep the money. After all what's two euros between friends?"

Ed

Something tells me you are not that busy at work at the moment Ed?!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, neilcvx said:

I can wait for episode 4 of the old school racial stereotyping jokes 🙄

You may have to. Apparently the perception is that I'm not working hard enough so it's back to the day job. Enjoy your holiday in the land of stripped jerseys, onions on strings and buckwheat pancakes. Ed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cabin-boy said:

You may have to. Apparently the perception is that I'm not working hard enough so it's back to the day job. Enjoy your holiday in the land of stripped jerseys, onions on strings and buckwheat pancakes. Ed. 

On yer bike Ed... 

Oh, and get me a baguette while your'e at it!

:D  

53 minutes ago, jonno said:

Anyone have any idea why the recently applied hull livery has been painted over?

Do you mean on the webcam view where the logo is no longer visible? I saw that earlier and assumed that it had been covered up with sheeting to protect it, perhaps from welding sparks or residue from jet-washing while they work on the other ship now back from her trials and moored next door. I think you can make out some ropes or cables hanging down Honfleur's side. Ed. 

22 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

Do you mean on the webcam view where the logo is no longer visible? I saw that earlier and assumed that it had been covered up with sheeting to protect it, perhaps from welding sparks or residue from jet-washing while they work on the other ship now back from her trials and moored next door. I think you can make out some ropes or cables hanging down Honfleur's side. Ed. 

Think you've cleared that one up Ed, makes you wonder why they painted it on at this stage.

3 hours ago, jonno said:

Anyone have any idea why the recently applied hull livery has been painted over?

Someone asked the same question on social media earlier, it's covered over with what looks like a banner, probably the same banner they used on the launch.

• Like 1

I asked that question on a german board and was told that the logo is indeed just covered to protect it. Leevsten has been handed over to Siem on friday last week and will probably leave soon.

• Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

I bet the BF engineers stuck in Flensburg, and bored stiff overseeing the late delivery, will be overjoyed by this news and will be out on the town tonight to see what they can get up to safe in the knowledge that their management will be deemed ultimately responsible. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-49662134

Ed

You really can`t fix stupid can you...