Andy

HONFLEUR - New Build for Ouistreham Route

4 hours ago, Cabin-boy said:

In that case I just hope I never book a cabin put together by a guy trained to wield a blow-torch and a big hammer. 😂 Ed. 

It was in the latest edition of Shippax , the workforce has been reduced so much it makes sense to have a multi skilled workforce.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, hf_uk said:

Are you trying to stereotype German engineers such that a welder may not have also have such as loving and gentile as touch as Larwrence LLwelylen Blowen?! 😮

Not to worry , that part of the ship with the cabins came from Poland , and it was the right size this time .

Edited by Chef

On 01/12/2019 at 20:02, Paully said:

Million Dollar question...Does the audience think she will be completed/do sea trials and be ready to enter service by May or even April.

I repeat the comments in a thread several weeks ago, talking to BF staff on board both MSM and Normandie including a couple with stripes on their sleeves, and Ouistreham Terminal duty manager on Sunday afternoon they are all confident that Honfleur will be sailing before next summer season kicks in, even though she isn’t yet on the schedule. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if we see her on the booking engine early next year, if and when she does appear I for one want to be on her maiden voyage - who else might be up for it ...?

Chris

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, The Ferry Man said:

I'm certainly aiming to be on the maiden crossing!

That’s a bold statement!  (We’ll probably get about 3 days’ notice of when it is! 🤣).

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, The Ferry Man said:

I know! It's going to be tricky... How flexible is the BF offer!

About same as the arrival date of the Honfleur 🤣

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Fine Whine said:

I repeat the comments in a thread several weeks ago, talking to BF staff on board both MSM and Normandie including a couple with stripes on their sleeves, and Ouistreham Terminal duty manager on Sunday afternoon they are all confident that Honfleur will be sailing before next summer season kicks in, even though she isn’t yet on the schedule. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if we see her on the booking engine early next year, if and when she does appear I for one want to be on her maiden voyage - who else might be up for it ...?

Chris

I'm up for it if you're serious, available anytime and happy to pick up en route too.

Deadly serious Jonno...😉

I’m assuming her maiden voyage will commence at 16h30 from Ouistreham so will either tie it in with one of my trips back to UK, if not we’ll have a slap up meal in the à la carte on the way over and I’ll try out the cabins on an immediate return...

Chris

• Like 1

Just now, Fine Whine said:

I’m assuming her maiden voyage will commence at 16h30 from Ouistreham

Is that one of those statements that really needs the “for obvious reasons” caveat?!!🤔😀

12 minutes ago, jonno said:

I'm up for it if you're serious, available anytime and happy to pick up en route too.

You want to pop up for me too?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, jonno said:

Pick ups near Leeds by any chance Jonno??🙏

3 minutes ago, Paully said:

Pick ups near Leeds by any chance Jonno??🙏

I live in Harrogate so I think that'll be easy enough.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jonno said:

I'll do anything for a bannock from Dalgetty's...

Walk past the bakery on the way to work although I prefer one from Selkirk Cameron’s .

I might see if I can get a cheap flight down south  (Or Paris ) nearer the time and plan it from there if I can get time of work that is .

There are often pretty cheap flights from Glasgow or Edinburgh to Jersey. Quick adventure via Condor to St Malo or Manche Isles Express to Granville....

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Gareth said:

Is that one of those statements that really needs the “for obvious reasons” caveat?!!🤔😀

As opposed to the 08h30 in the morning or 23h00 overnight sailing...!!🧐

On the September 2020 schedule she’s rostered to take over Normandie’s sailings, I wonder if that will change in which case the 14h00 Wednesday departure could be an obvious maiden voyage.

Chris

32 minutes ago, Fine Whine said:

As opposed to the 08h30 in the morning or 23h00 overnight sailing...!!🧐

On the September 2020 schedule she’s rostered to take over Normandie’s sailings, I wonder if that will change in which case the 14h00 Wednesday departure could be an obvious maiden voyage.

Chris

It was always planned to take over the Normandie sailings, I believe that is one of the reasons that Normandie had dog cabins created.

1 hour ago, Cabin-boy said:

Maybe that's why she's running late. They are waiting for the paint to dry. Ed. 

If it’s this big that could take a while.

Edited by neilcvx
  • Like 1