Andy

HONFLEUR - New Build for Ouistreham Route

9 minutes ago, David Williams said:

The recent BF videos show that there is a large amount of work to do and I suspect that Subcontractors won’t be giving a lot of credit at the moment.

I was thinking the same with all those dangling cables in last week's video. I was also wondering what exactly that engineer was doing on his hightech tablet device when none of ships main systems are likely to be working. He may be on level 6,275 of Candy Crush by now. Ed. 

• Haha 2

Years ago when I was living abroad, people in Budapest became frustrated at the lack of progress on the construction of a new metro line... So much so, some turned up at construction sites with various tools offering to help.

Have we got any electricians on BFE? Asking for a friend...

• Haha 4

The worry is that it is not just a load of Electricians and plumbers for the second fit, it is a load of expensive bits as well, I was expecting a lot of this stuff to come ready fitted from Poland. I believe that the Stena cabins in China are all modular and factory built !

This does not seem an efficient way of building a ship,

Do we think the Discovery Channel have been filming the entire build from day one? Depending on how long she actually takes they may have to end up showing the film on the History Channel instead. Ed. 

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, Jim said:

Years ago when I was living abroad, people in Budapest became frustrated at the lack of progress on the construction of a new metro line... So much so, some turned up at construction sites with various tools offering to help.

Have we got any electricians on BFE? Asking for a friend...

Electrical engineer reporting for duty sir …… make me an offer!

• Haha 1

Pretty sure she's going to need a good bottom scrub soon too! She's just been sitting there now for what, year? Even the best antifouling isn't going to be great if she's just sitting around.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sofy said:

if honfleur had been built in china like the stena a long time ago it would already be in service

And if my Grandmother had  wheels she would be a bicycle.

No point debating that it wasn’t and won’t be .

Edited by neilcvx
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, neilcvx said:

And if my Grandmother had  wheels she would be a bicycle.

No point debating that it wasn’t and won’t be .

It would depend on how many wheels surely?

• Haha 3

Interesting to note there's no basement to minimise delays and in turn minimise fuel. Surprised that the extra 1kt adds up to a 15% fuel increase.

I do wonder with these videos how recent they are (IE is it really that unfinished!)

@Jim that was my first thought .

1 minute ago, Jim said:

I do wonder with these videos how recent they are (IE is it really that unfinished!)

Mine too.  That’s the main thing that comes across to me - just how much there is still to do.

I am also puzzled by what they mean by the “basement”.  Is this traffic that goes down to deck 2 like on CF?  If so, didn’t realise thar MSM and Normandie had that.

Before I click and waste 5 or more minutes of my day watching somebody who has probably been rummaging around in the dressing up box and now looks like a Village People backing singer waffle on about how "zis will revolutionise ze customer experience and iz ze most technologiquement advanced systeme on ze Eengleesh Channel", please tell me if it's worth it. 

Ed. 

• Haha 1

On 03/02/2020 at 16:36, Sofy said:

Are there financial penalties for late delivery?

What is it about BF! Van der giessen de noord didn't exactly have a flourishing future after MSM delivery!

17 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

Before I click and waste 5 or more minutes of my day.

Cabin-boy that’s really good coming from you.🤣😂 Never realised Anjou days were so busy!

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Gareth said:

Mine too.  That’s the main thing that comes across to me - just how much there is still to do.

I am also puzzled by what they mean by the “basement”.  Is this traffic that goes down to deck 2 like on CF?  If so, didn’t realise thar MSM and Normandie had that.

Yep - IIRC Normandie has a lift to take units down

• Thanks 1

She does look far from complete in the recent videos.

Although the release of the films could suggest delivery might be fairly soon leading me to believe the films were shot a while since.

I've just taken a few minutes out of my busy schedule to watch the clip and I think I've spotted the problem. Everybody is walking really slowly. If they were to walk a bit faster then they'd work faster too and she'd be built by now. 

Ed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3