Sign in to follow this  
nottingham

Hotel Kyriad

Highly recommended ....... near the barrage at Dinard ......  very clean and excellent value with views over the Rance estuary

Got the best price via hotels.com 

Mother Jim recently stayed there, and did note arriving late afternoon on a Saturday that their restaurant was not open on weekends.

The hotel's website states:

Restaurant ouvert tous les soirs du lundi au vendredi.

I guess they primarily cater for business travellers during the week and any weekend business is tourist-related and such people prefer to eat out in the local restaurants. It may also be that they do wedding receptions, seminars etc at weekends and use the catering facilities only for those needs. Ed

Restaurant best point is the view. Food is not great. At the barrage lock, the Bistro Quai is great, but only open for lunch, L'Escale in la Richardais is average. Their is a new creperie just a few hundred metres in towards Dinard, but no reports.

The restaurant is permanently closed now with microwave food available, still had a decent couple of nights there nonetheless, cycled into Dinard for something to eat.

All 4 lanes and all slip roads are now open, but the underpass not yet useable. (Due to open in about a week....).

Yep we used the slip road to get to StMalo made a massive difference. Was a good last minute choice after we walked out of the campsite at Erquy two days early but that’s another story .

• Like 1

Just now, shar^k said:

Booked here for September trip. Hope it’s still good!

Should be..we were there last month and it was fine..Bar prices are eyewatering though🙊..Just up the hill at the roundabout (walkable) is a decent Buffalo Grill, well used by the locals as well.

• Thanks 1

Location is good and the basic hotel likewise. Big sighs of relief now that access is easy again.

Not sure if they are even doing restaurant now as it was far from great. Much better places around.

St Malo Kyria is excellent.  We stayed there mid-July and it ticked all the boxes. Pretty easy to get to/from downtown St Malo as well.

Booking.com is showing me three Kyriad hotels ( Prestige, Centre Plage, and La Richardais). Which one are we talking about? They look very variable. 

We stayed at two of them on our recent trip La Richardais is the one in question it’s  in Dinard miles away from StMalo it’s a decent basic hotel/motel that’s a bit remote for my liking it’s a good bit of a trek to get to the nearest restaurant or tabac and there’s no restaurant on sight they do sell microwave meals and have a limited bar they also do a standard French breakfast the terrace however is lovely to sit out on and there’s ample free parking and easy access to the main road to St Malo.

We also stayed at the Kyriad prestige which is a fairly new build hotel on the outskirts of St Malo benefits from a pool,bar,snack food and air con plus secure free parking, but again a bit of a trek to St Malo itself 2.5 miles to the port ok by car or bikes but too long to walk , I would happily stay there again it was spotlessly clean a big bed and we got a good nights sleep.

(not convinced that the prunes are a good idea if your going to cycle into town though)

B471AD82-5974-4386-9BA2-23ECE433D1C1.thumb.jpeg.a22189e117f27d45e34456f9707a9ac7.jpeg887F50B6-138F-4212-BA76-C0E832E7ADB9.thumb.jpeg.ce072ac0549730d8d957b8e0b3e4c5b6.jpeg

I’m sure it will be decent as well it’s basically a French version of Premier inn. (Without the dodgy Harvester next door)

Edited by neilcvx

We have stayed at Le Richardais a couple of times - and enjoyed restaurant meals in the evening.  I never suspected they were microwave! Quite upset now.

We have stayed at Le Richardais a couple of times - and enjoyed restaurant meals in the evening.  I never suspected they were microwave! Quite upset now.

Funny that, whenever we return from sampling the culinary delights of different countries I'm always looking forward to a M&S readymeal...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, nottingham said:

They used to cook, sort of.... Now no pretence.

There’s a fridge with pots in it and they offer to heat it up in the excellently equipped kitchen they did smell really good and I suspect they are a cut above a farmfoods frozen meal but still it seems a shame as it’s a decent hotel otherwise.

It may relate to the access difficulties these last two and a half years? Time will tell.

• Like 1