Sign in to follow this  
shellback

Condor ferries new owners?

There was a similar rumor back in March which was denied at the time by the management. What is the source of this latest one, or could it be they are just interested in the vessel?  Ed 

Edited by Cabin-boy

I'll have a delve around - I know where to lurk if this is the case, the page I'm thinking of, they'll be crowing about it if this is true.  Edit, nothing on there at the moment, and I am not a member of this page, if anyone is they can maybe ask.  Think if Condor were for sale then this is the group that would be talking about it - or Ferry News.  I am a member of that so can pose a question there.  But have not heard anything about any sale.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1572986602954065/

Edited by Khaines

If they sell Lib, then unless a new ship is being invested in then they are down one.  Will keep an ear to the ground.  Macquarie may want to offload the whole company, guess it is for sale, like the whole fleet at BF is, everything has a price.  Ask on thr thread about Condor, I will - maybe their spokesperson will come on and explain, don't they monitor that thread?

If they are interested in the company then they would probably want to see all the routes and vessels. Clipper is off service at present for a refit so it seems a strange time to be visiting. Maybe they want to see the Liberation before ordering one directly from Austal. How many are there like her? I think there is another in Spain somewhere. Ed.  

According to replies on a Facebook ferry group I am a member of, the Japanese were on board to look at buying Austal ships - not Libby as such, just ships. 

Perhaps they are Honda representatives, now they've been dumped by McClaren they must have plenty of spare engines to find homes for....O.o

Chris

• Like 1

Only four per season I think, but certainly enough to give her a boost. Or they could put them in the bar and claim they have the world's fastest coffee grinder! :D. Ed.