Sign in to follow this  
jcjc

Fred Olsen New Trimarans

They are getting two for around €126m.  Does anybody recall what Condor paid to put the price into perspective, given that they are essentially the same size craft? Ed. 

Thanks Bridget. I thought it was something like that. That equates to around €55m in today's money so if the new ones are €63m each it looks as if Condor got quite a good deal even with the extra money spent to fit Liberation out. Ed. 

Cabin boy...whether Condor got a good deal or not with Liberation I guess is very much open to debate by many in the Channel Islands don't you think? 

Now I would expect Austal to also praise the Liberation too in their recent Press release. Not necessarily the same design as the Fred Olsen craft but very similiar.

Perhaps the clue might be in the phrase used by HT.  "Maintains a vital link".  The extent to which Lib successfully does that or is considered suitable for that role might be considered sufficiently controversial for Austal to want to refrain from drawing attention to it.

2 hours ago, Nick Hyde said:

Cabin boy...whether Condor got a good deal or not with Liberation I guess is very much open to debate by many in the Channel Islands don't you think? 

Now I would expect Austal to also praise the Liberation too in their recent Press release. Not necessarily the same design as the Fred Olsen craft but very similiar.

Very much so yes. I saw talking price-wise not in terms of the service subsequently offered. I am due on Liberation twice this coming weekend so will have an opportunity to try her myself (mechanical problems permitting) and will let you know what I think. Ed 

I refer to the old discussion of maintenance -  the cats appear to be working perfectly since going to Greece, yet they were always breaking down here.  Libby has had breakdowns one after the other since arriving here, but ahe coped perfectly well with being brought over here from the Philippines!  I wonder if the fault lies with her maintenance here.  I don't like to cast aspersions on Condor engineers but there is a pattern here.  If Libby was sold to the same company who work the cats now, would she behave herself perfectly or be subject to numerous breakdowns as she is here.

Just wondering.....