Andy

BF Confirm Charter of 'E-Flexer' - Galícia & Salamanca

3 minutes ago, Paully said:

The term BF use actually is mini..cruise..As do P & O North Sea and others before them. It is to differentiate between what they offer and what is offered on a full cruise that includes full board and entertainment and doesnt carry cars..Although you may well get whale watching enroute to wherever.

Or it’s mini as in short in length, I think everyone knows that you won’t get cirque de solei on Bretagne 😉

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, neilcvx said:

Or it’s mini as in short in length, I think everyone knows that you won’t get cirque de solei on Bretagne 😉

Goodness me..you managed to get a dig in about the Bretagne..I thought you were losing your touch

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, TonyMWeaver said:

I can't understand if some hates a Brittany Ferries vessel so much, why are they on this forum?

Because there’s other ones to sail on it’s really quite simple , plus I don’t “hate” any BF ferry I just don’t think she’s adequate for today’s standard of ferry travel at the price Bf charge.

I regard the term “mini cruise “ in the same vain as “mini break” that’s all.

Any way I’m actually looking forward to a good meal in Les Abers after all that cycling , 

• Like 1

Big fan of the mini cruise, whether it's with P and O or BF, it's big business in the north sea. Have to say best experience yet was PA to St Malo last December. I know people say she won't move there, but I think its probably inevitable. Looking forward to the arrival of the e flexers too, more than Honfleur, Estrid looks good! 

• Like 1

All cruises are different they still market some of the converted trawlers that go round the Western isles as cruises , Cruise ships like Black Watch will have vastly different facilities to the large cruise ships like the MSC ones, folk are Davy enough to know what to expect.

• Like 1

Interesting, thanks Ed.

I presume these minicruises are primarily out-of-season affairs.  Pity, because one minicruise they could put together using PA that would definitely attract my interest would be Plymouth-Roscoff-Cork-Roscoff-Plymouth.  Three nights aboard, a day in Roscoff, a couple of hours bussed into Cork, home Sunday afternoon.  That would be a great facility, especially if you could book it all in the same cabin.

• Like 2

Interesting that people are twitching already about the mini-cruise offering, or lack thereof.

It's a shame that this year will be a kind of temporary thing. I will be quite excited if things revert back to years past:)

16 hours ago, TonyMWeaver said:

I can't understand if some hates a Brittany Ferries vessel so much, why are they on this forum?

Can't stand the Normandie, but I'm here... ;) Everyone's got opinions and providing they express them in an appropriate manner they're welcome here.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

My predictions of what is likely to happen is as follows:

1. One E-Flexer will do Portsmouth to Santander / Bilbao (Via Cherbourg for crew change)

2. The second E-Flexer will do the same as above.

2. The third E-Flexer will do Portsmouth to Le-harve. (Replacing Normandie)

Note: 

The CF will most likely to be sold.

The Pont-Aven will do Plymouth, Santander, Roscoff, Cork.

Edited by Bf Bretagne

Can't see the third e-flexer on the Le Havre route - had 20 people on yesterday's crossing and 7 apparently on one last week. I think all three will be on the Spain routes.

• Like 1

In theory too long, though they could cope with mooring her. Turning radius is an issue.

However, her cabin capacity is very weak for the route.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bf Bretagne said:

My predictions of what is likely to happen is as follows:

1. One E-Flexer will do Portsmouth to Santander / Bilbao (Via Cherbourg for crew change)

2. The second E-Flexer will do the same as above.

2. The third E-Flexer will do Portsmouth to Le-harve. (Replacing Normandie)

Note: 

The CF will most likely to be sold.

The Pont-Aven will do Plymouth, Santander, Roscoff, Cork.

I think the clue as to where she will be operating is in the name? 
Santona, à northern Spanish town on the coast, 45 Kms  from Santander. My prediction is Normandie won’t be going anywhere soon, apart from cementing and building the Le Havre route. Cap Finistère won’t be sold either, certainly not in the short to medium term. As for Pont Aven, let’s wait and see but as long as Bretagne keeps plodding on then continuing her 2019 schedule ex Plymouth could make sense.

And if I ask nicely would one of the mods get the spelling right in the thread title please? Not being pedantic or anything but it is Galicia...

Chris

• Haha 1

So you’re still awake then Gareth!

Of course it’s only 22h15 with you - I’m currently in Valence (Rhône Valley), a hard days wine tasting ahead tomorrow...🤪

Chris

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fine Whine said:

My prediction is Normandie won’t be going anywhere soon, apart from cementing and building the Le Havre route. Cap Finistère won’t be sold either,

I agree. My money is on Cap Finistere taking on BDS's 1 rotation to Le Havre, Santander & Bilbao and Galicia doing CF's 2 x Bilbao & 1 x Santander.

Salamanca will start an addition to the timetable. Wed- Thurs to Santander, Sat-Sun to Bilbao and two rotations to Cherbourg on a Monday & Tuesday year round.

Ideally BF towers want a ship heading to and from Spain everyday.