Andy

BF Confirm Charter of 'E-Flexer' - Galcia & Salamanca

There's no real need for DFDS to want to claim the BDS back. The owners of the Regina Seaways don't have any use for her other than seeking another charter party so if the two ships are really transactionally related in this way both charters can be extended for as long as everyone is happy with the status quo.

Or BF could take the Regina Seaways as a replacement on charter for themselves :)

Edited by hhvferry

2 hours ago, hhvferry said:

There's no real need for DFDS to want to claim the BDS back. The owners of the Regina Seaways don't have any use for her other than seeking another charter party so if the two ships are really transactionally related in this way both charters can be extended for as long as everyone is happy with the status quo.

Or BF could take the Regina Seaways as a replacement on charter for themselves :)

Yes but you know it doesn't work that way, there's always a reason. Why charter out Cotentin only to bring in Etretat or why build a ship for a route which has just had both vessels future proofed when there's another further along the coast in greater need of replacement?

I never understood why DFDS made noise to have her back a year early or why they let her go in the first place. They could have just returned Regina Seaways in the first instance and as you say BF may well have chartered her from Grimaldi until whenever, there's not much difference between them.

Adria have just proved that charters can be easily cancelled, before the ink had dried on the paperwork to keep Egeria for another 12 months they prepared her to go back to Stena RoRo as they bought California Star.

6 minutes ago, TonyMWeaver said:
The launching of the 1st E-Flexer this morning which Stena have named 'Stena Estrid'.

Not a lot of drama when launching means letting the water go into  a dry dock.

The ship next too it looks well advanced as well.

Edited by David Williams

1 minute ago, David Williams said:

Not a lot of drama when launching means letting the water go into  a dry dock.

Yeah, I was quite disappointed in this launch.

Silly name, and slightly draggy video. However - some great stills to be captured towards the end.

Second flexer being built next to it I imagine, and then number 3 is for BF?!

Also from those bow views towards the end - you really can notice the difference in her breadth can't you.

5 meters narrower than Honfleur...

3 minutes ago, hf_uk said:

Silly name, and slightly draggy video. However - some great stills to be captured towards the end.

It’s not a silly name if you’re Swedish .

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

I thought she was doing Dublin - Holyhead. Therefore I was expecting something like" MV Lepricorny Irish Mc Seaface"? 😮 

21 minutes ago, neilcvx said:

It’s not a silly name if you’re Swedish .

There are plenty of sillier Swedish names. But IKEA seems to have a monopoly on those. 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://flavorwire.com/225706/the-most-ridiculous-ikea-product-names-and-what-they-mean&ved=2ahUKEwjjgKTnmPLfAhWvxIUKHZhcB7wQFjAQegQIBxAB&usg=AOvVaw3QOhIR3oQM4syXnw7vQPT-

Ed

Edited by Cabin-boy

The first ship is for Holyhead-Dublin where Stena's present ships, the "Adventurer" and "Superfast X" don't have names with local connections.  The new ships are supposed to be flexible so would not have names tied to a specific route, and I guess the name begins "STENA E"  because they are referred to as "E-flexers".

• Like 2

3 hours ago, hf_uk said:

No the third one, out of shot as the dock is a bit further over to the right, already being built is for Stena too. They'll begin laying the keel for Galicia once Estrid's dock is drained later today. 

4 hours ago, hf_uk said:

I thought she was doing Dublin - Holyhead. Therefore I was expecting something like" MV Lepricorny Irish Mc Seaface"? 😮 

Stupid comment , reminds me of the days of the Irish / Paddy jokes .

• Like 1

Well she's also sailing Holyhead to Dublin so why not a name with a Welsh slur in it . Or was it you just an Irish one was the only thing to come to mind .

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, neilcvx said:

Apparently there’s a photo of Galicia in there somewhere.

https://www.shippax.com/en/news/its-stena-estrid.aspx

Yes hard to understand where the keel has been laid. One would have thought that it would be next to the dock that vessel #1 is in but looks like it is beside the dock of vessel #2? Then again 63 is afloat 64 presumably in build, and hull 3 is 67. No capisce!

• Like 1

But as I said before - presumably the BF charter is next? The one in the right of that video is almost done - so surely construction of Galacia must start soon?