Galícia, Salamanca and Santona - Newbuilds for Spanish Routes (e-flexers)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I believe anyone wanting such a thing would find one located just off the side of the ship...

I can confirm, she does fit Millbay (this is from the opposite side of Plymouth Hoe, next to the barracks)    

Posted Images

1 hour ago, David Williams said:

Cruisemapper https://www.cruisemapper.com/?imo=9856189) shows Galicia off the coast of Vietnam,

It looks like a good site for ferries as it shows the track for a number of days and as only Ferries and Cruise liners are shown, the map of the Channel and the Bay of Biscay is not that crowded (especially at the moment). It also appears to use satellite AIS for location.

• Thanks 2
8 hours ago, David Williams said:

Cruisemapper https://www.cruisemapper.com/?imo=9856189) shows Galicia off the coast of Vietnam,

What an amazing site. If you zoom right in on land it becomes a very detailed road map of the World. I looked at the Isle of Wight to see if the Solent ferries were shown but they are not. However I went full zoom to Ventnor where I lived for period as a child. It even shows the Scale "model" Isle of Wight in the paddling pool on the Esplanade for any of you who know it!

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Fine Whine said:

Sorry to disappoint both of you but I would suggest it’s « down periscope » for now, neither of those two going anywhere for the next couple of months. Brigitte could be in for a longer wait...😳

Chris

Just want tom make sure they are not heading to an Indian beach! Well at least not the Arm.

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, TonyMWeaver said:

If the AIS on Cruise Mapper is correct, I can't see 'Galicia' arriving at 03:00 as scheduled. She's at least around 500 miles away from Singapore as of 21:00 this evening.

Maybe it will be 0400 🤣😉

• Like 1

Going by satellite tracking and past data, it looks like 'Galicia' will be around 14 hours behind schedule. AIS won't update until she's back in range, unless you pay for the premium software.

Edited by TonyMWeaver
6 hours ago, TonyMWeaver said:

That is a whole 12 hours from your original guess.

A bit harsh to call David’s original 0400 a “guess”.  It was interpretation of the AIS ETA data.  There was a legitimate discussion over whether that data meant 0300 or 0400, but neither of those figures was a guess.

With Galicia still unexpectedly out of AIS range, we are now into “guess” territory, which is fair enough.

I am wondering whether there was another secret port call in between that we have not seen?  Odd that she would not have come back into AIS range if so, unless it was so secret they turned the AIS off or the port was so remote that there were no Marine Traffic receivers in the area.

Maybe that’s a bit far-fetched and the more likely explanation is that she has just been in no hurry.  (Or, of course, something may have gone wrong.)

Marine Traffic is currently showing that there is a passenger vessel (picked up on the satellite AIS receivers and therefore not identified to non-subscription users of the site) heading towards Singapore on the line that Galicia would be on.  This vessel looks like it is around 100 miles out.  So if this vessel is, in fact, Galicia then David’s 1500 today estimate of arrival probably won’t be far out.

CruiseMapper appear to show her as doubling back and resuming  her course a few times so either a mechanical kink to work out or killing time due to congestion at Singapore . 

Edited by Chef
  • Like 1