Galícia, Salamanca and Santona - Newbuilds for Spanish Routes (e-flexers)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I believe anyone wanting such a thing would find one located just off the side of the ship...

I can confirm, she does fit Millbay (this is from the opposite side of Plymouth Hoe, next to the barracks)    

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Chef said:

About 250 nautical miles out, 

Wow.  Ok, not the 100 mile one then.  If she’s still 250 miles out then it may even not be until tomorrow that she gets to Singapore.

20 minutes ago, David Williams said:

Doesn’t make a lot of sense as it is showing 10 kn. which is neither fast or slow.

10 knots is probably somewhere near optimal for maximum fuel efficiency.  Or maybe there is a new arrival time target that only requires 10 knots to be made.  Has the ETA changed?

12 minutes ago, Gareth said:

Wow.  Ok, not the 100 mile one then.  If she’s still 250 miles out then it may even not be until tomorrow that she gets to Singapore.

I have got no reason to doubt cruisemapper , it shows CF to be in the same position as the other trackers and seems to be updated every 10 mins or so. It must be using Satellite AIS to get that. The only strange thing is it shows the position each midnight along the past track however the last one was actually shown at 22:00 BST

Edited by David Williams
31 minutes ago, Gareth said:

Ah, ok, so she was around 250 miles away around 10pm or midnight last night then?  In that case she could be the one that is now just over 100 miles away on Marine Traffic.

When I mentioned 10 pm I was referring to the dot on the track that shows its position around midnight, the one at 00:24 20 Sep appeared around 10 last night. The site seems to show the track for the last 7 days with a marker at around midnight each day, however the current location seems accurate when ships in normal  AIS range are compared to other sites.

The good bit about Cruise Mapper is it gives Latitude and Longitude of any given point, so Singapore Harbour is roughly 1° 24' North, 184° East, Galicia is showing currently 4° 32' North, 186° 10' East, so digging up my old school brain and A² + B² = C² I make it she's still about 215 Nm or just under 250 Miles still to go, a minimum 10 hours sailing time.

With all this attention I trust they'll be wolling out the wed carpet on arrival!

Chris

Just now, Fine Whine said:

The good bit about Cruise Mapper is it gives Latitude and Longitude of any given point, so Singapore Harbour is roughly 1° 24' North, 184° East, Galicia is showing currently 4° 32' North, 186° 10' East, so digging up my old school brain and A² + B² = C² I make it she's still about 215 Nm or just under 250 Miles still to go, a minimum 10 hours sailing time.

With all this attention I trust they'll be wolling out the wed carpet on awival!

Chris

6 minutes ago, Fine Whine said:

With all this attention I trust they'll be wolling out the wed carpet on arrival!

Chris

Thanks Chris, well that settles it.  There are now two passenger vessels showing on Marine Traffic, and Galicia must be the further away one of the two.  (Or, indeed, neither of them).

Yes, 10 hours would be pretty much the full-speed time, so it’ll probably take rather longer than that.  I suspect the arrival could now be not until 0300 or 0400 tomorrow.  (Maybe that was always the plan but they got the date wrong on the AIS eta! 🤣).

2 hours ago, Gareth said:

David’s mid-afternoon today estimate of arrival probably won’t be far out

David's original estimate was 04:00, early morning, not afternoon. Which is why I said it was a whole 12 hours, and guess is the correct term to use. Just because her AIS originally said 03:00 UTC (11:00 local time), doesn't mean it's correct, we were all guessing. I'm going to 'guess' now that the crew maybe programmed the AIS incorrectly. Going by the current position of Costa Venezia which left Singapore 10 hours ago, Galicia is at least another 16 hours from arrival, if Cruise Mapper is live, which i highly doubt.

Well, as usual in this forum, things are getting twisted and deliberately misrepresented.  David originally informed us (correctly) that the eta on the AIS signal (upon leaving Quingdao) equated to 0400 BST.  He later (today, after the original eta came and went) came up with a guess at 1500 today for the revised arrival time.  I think it is patently obvious that this is what I was referring to when I (correctly) said “afternoon”.  However, I have edited my post to clarify his 1500 time as it clearly has caused difficulty with comprehension.

As it happens, even 1500 is now looking doubtful, given the latest position and speed reports from Chris and others, so this is all moot.

27 minutes ago, TonyMWeaver said:

if Cruise Mapper is live, which i highly doubt.

If you search on the ships, it will say when the AIS signal was last received, the positions of the 3 passenger ships in the vicinity seem consistent with the Marine Traffic satellite positions when you take into account when the relevant AIS were last updated. In addition if you look at Cap Finistere or some of the other BF ships, they are shown in the same locations.

However we will wait and see - a bit like watching paint dry.

• Like 2

Galicia is currently sailing at 8 knots, her ETA still says 11:00 local time 20/09/20. Silver Muse isn't due in Singapore until Thursday so expect Galicia to pass her at some point. Having spoken to someone at the Singapore Cruise Society (Social Media), they are expecting Galicia at 03:00 local time (19:00 UK time this evening).

Capture.JPG

Edited by TonyMWeaver
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Fine Whine said:

It'll be a soggy one if they do, Galicia will be at anchor , unless someone knows differently which might set off another hot debate .

1 hour ago, TonyMWeaver said:

Having spoken to someone at the Singapore Cruise Society (Social Media), they are expecting Galicia at 03:00 local time (19:00 UK time this evening).

Not that it makes any difference in the greater scheme of things, but when its 03:00 in Singapore the actual time in the UK (BST) will be 20:00, Singapore currently being 7 hours ahead of London...🙃

Chris

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, TonyMWeaver said:

Yes, she's going to Changi General Purpose Anchorage. I think that's where both Stena Estrid and Stena Edda stopped too. There are no berths available.

Is this just a bunkering & victualling stop?

2 minutes ago, Gareth said:

Is this just a bunkering & victualling stop?

Sounds like it. I've got the premium Marine Traffic now on 7 day free trial (Need to remember to cancel it by next weekend), she's still around 200 miles out.