Galícia, Salamanca and Santona - Newbuilds for Spanish Routes (e-flexers)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And off she goes...

She's  in...

Some more

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Jim said:

Depends - I suspect there will still be a reasonable amount of work to get her 'service ready' before getting too many people onboard to show her off. 

The pictures from the shipyard party looked quite impressive, however I would be surprised if there was not a press event on both sides of the channel with some nice pictures of tugs spraying water over her etc..

2 hours ago, Fine Whine said:

Thanks Tony,

Ill be in Portsmouth then but heading back to France on Normandie at 14h45, I’ll give you a wave as I pass your office...🤓

Will be back to Cherbourg by 23h French time, hopefully she’ll still be there, even better at first light the next mornimg.

Chris

Keeps changing Chris, and I expect it will again.

image_2020-10-04_231533.png

Until she's actually a few hours away from her first local stop, or on the way between ports anything could happen. 

At least though with AIS tools we can all see what's going on rather than guesswork of years gone by.

9 hours ago, TonyMWeaver said:

I can't help but think that someone from Stena RoRo is watching this site and having a bit of fun with you guys who keep up with her progress daily!

With their electronic passage programs, ships leave China etc. all the time and normally arrive at the destination within a few hours of their original ETA with the exception of weather delays.

7 minutes ago, Danim24 said:

I can't help but think that someone from Stena RoRo is watching this site and having a bit of fun with you guys who keep up with her progress daily!

With their electronic passage programs, ships leave China etc. all the time and normally arrive at the destination within a few hours of their original ETA with the exception of weather delays.

Perhaps they should be called Stena YoYo in that case. 

Ed. 

9 hours ago, TonyMWeaver said:

image_2020-10-04_231533.png

Mrs FW would be highly unamused if after 10 days away I chirped up « Need to get back early to photograph (yet another) ferry darling »!
Plus I’m not paying the £25 amendment fee, clocked up too many of those already...☹️
Chris

17 minutes ago, David Williams said:

And all of the other threads !

Oh rubbish! OK, it'll be removed shortly.

Edit - it's now been replaced by a text link, which is the nearest alternative I can do. So much for customisation. Grrrrrr.

2 hours ago, TonyMWeaver said:

Transit done in almost 9 hours, now onto Cherbourg.

As a complete aside my father-in-law (ex Royal Navy) was recalling recently his worst weather experience while in service was surprisingly off Alexandria on a frigate. Only 4 crew including him were on the bridge with the rest confined to quarters, as they climbed a 100 foot wave. Of course what goes up has to come down and it caused a considerable amount of damage in the process. Hopefully Galicia's passage will be much less eventful...

Chris

2 hours ago, Jim said:

Oh rubbish! OK, it'll be removed shortly.

Edit - it's now been replaced by a text link, which is the nearest alternative I can do. So much for customisation. Grrrrrr.

Couldn't you write a bit of code so she appears with a red and white bobble hat so we can find her more easily in the crowded waterways of Europe? Ed

vrkX_baO_400x400.png

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Cabin-boy said:

Couldn't you write a bit of code so she appears with a red and white bobble hat so we can find her more easily in the crowded waterways of Europe? Ed

vrkX_baO_400x400.png

No, but I could update your Avatar... ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, Fine Whine said:

as they climbed a 100 foot wave.

They don't seem to have recorded it into the record books though, as it would have beaten the highest recorded wave height! 😜

Edited by Guest
12 hours ago, Danim24 said:

Exactly, the only other reason for changing port / day / time is when the company changes it for some reason. Note that it was handed over to BF a month ago and they are in charge !
Maybe they will be getting the paint brush out and reflagging it in Cherbourg and loading essential crew like chefs and waiters for whatever is being planned  for the Portsmouth arrival.

2 hours ago, Danim24 said:

They don't seem to have recorded it into the record books though, as it would have beaten the highest recorded wave height! 😜

FYI @Danim24he did wear these on his shoulders...

image.thumb.png.e1d07064e7f5e9f3d7eaee5ef59ec576.png

Edited by Fine Whine
Apologies for the large image
  • Like 1
41 minutes ago, Fine Whine said:

FYI @Danim24he did wear these on his shoulders...

image.thumb.png.e1d07064e7f5e9f3d7eaee5ef59ec576.png

Yeah, those Navy types don't 'arf have some stories to tell. My manager is ex RN and everything he has done is better and more extreme than any of his staff!

Rouge wave maybe, but you'll find it hard to find any reports or stories of 100 foot waves, especially in the Med.

5 hours ago, Danim24 said:

Making a public record of it was the least of their worries at the time , but I'm sure it's mentioned in the log .

Edited by Chef
6 hours ago, Chef said:

Making a public record of it was the least of their worries at the time , but I'm sure it's mentioned in the log .

Seafarers ey, why let the truth get in the way of the a good story 😉

I’m guilty of it when I’m home...”ah we had 100 knots on the beam” (okay maybe 20 knots on the port bow, but shhhhh)

• Gareth pinned this topic