Galícia, Salamanca and Santona - Newbuilds for Spanish Routes (e-flexers)

1 hour ago, nick hall said:

Tony, do you have further info about the trials. If I was to speculate would that be berth 2 stern, berth 3 bow & stern and berth 4 bow & stern.

Sorry, tagged David by mistake. Berth 2 first as Mont St Michel will still be in port, then Berths 3 & 4, makes sense to do both bow and stern in.  Berths 3 and 4 can accommodate up to 205 metres but I think Galicia will fit ok, that's why she's doing the trials. The berth 2 extension was done to accommodate up to 255 metres but can handle 270 metres easy.

Galicia will also be going to Le Havre for berthing trials, believed to be happening sometime in November.

Edited by TonyMWeaver
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

She's  in...

I believe anyone wanting such a thing would find one located just off the side of the ship...

And off she goes...

Posted Images

8 hours ago, TonyMWeaver said:

Galicia will also be going to Le Havre for berthing trials, believed to be happening sometime in November.

Bet the Le Havre pilots will love that!

Well she has finally arrived in Cherbourg!

2 minutes ago, David Williams said:

More than a few berthing trials and refuelling !

That's what my source quoted, 5 berthing trials followed by fuel. Expect the bunker barge to be alongside for around 6 hours at least.

23 minutes ago, David Williams said:

How long does it normally take to top up for a Spanish run ?

Does it matter how full the tanks are in dry dock ?

Cap Finistere normally has Jaynee W alongside for about 3 hours, Galicia will be going to Plymouth and Bilbao before Santander but i don't think the tanks need to be dry for the dry dock.

Just now, PGTV said:

Does anyone know when she is to visit Plymouth? I have to see her!

Looks to be Wednesday morning, although could be arriving quite early if she is sailing overnight from Portsmouth

4 minutes ago, PGTV said:

Does anyone know when she is to visit Plymouth? I have to see her!

Leaving Portsmouth at 2200 tomorrow night, arriving Plymouth around 0800 Wednesday, she won't be there long 

3 minutes ago, PGTV said:

Better set my alarm...

I shall be doing the same.  With an hours drive to get to Plymouth, I want to make sure I am there in plenty of time.

21 minutes ago, Paul said:

I shall be doing the same.  With an hours drive to get to Plymouth, I want to make sure I am there in plenty of time.

That is dedication.

Luckily i work within walking distance of the terminal - whether I want to go to work 2 hours earlier is another matter.

at least it is forecast to be sunny...

• Like 1

There will be no need for them to rush with the trials. As the PA doesn't get in until 20.20, the crew will be able to pop into to town to pick up Ivor Dewdney pasties for breakfast or lunch to compare the taste of Devon with the taste of Spain. Mind you there are plenty of Chinese takeaways in town

8 minutes ago, colinschandler said:

There will be no need for them to rush with the trials. As the PA doesn't get in until 20.20, the crew will be able to pop into to town to pick up Ivor Dewdney pasties for breakfast or lunch to compare the taste of Devon with the taste of Spain. Mind you there are plenty of Chinese takeaways in town

They will be looking for Swedish meatballs with cranberry sauce more likely. Where's the closest Ikea?  Ed. 

• Haha 1

If this arrival changes anymore, it won't be worth going done as it will still be too dark. Pilot Boarding in Portsmouth now scheduled at 06:00, Galicia is expected to come through the entrance at 0650/0700

Edited by TonyMWeaver
21 minutes ago, TonyMWeaver said:

If this arrival changes anymore, it won't be worth going done as it will still be too dark. Pilot Boarding in Portsmouth now scheduled at 06:00, Galicia is expected to come through the entrance at 0650/0700

They have all day, what's the rush? 😭

Annoying as 8:00 is supposed to be sunny!

1 hour ago, The Ferry Man said:

They have all day, what's the rush? 😭

Annoying as 8:00 is supposed to be sunny!

Maccas stop doing breakfast at 11 ;), they're allowing contingency...

I presume/hope in this day and age that BF/the port might have (or have hired) someone with a drone for some aerial footage at some point.

(In the same way I presume one doesn't just fly a drone anywhere near a naval dockyard)

• Like 1