Galícia, Salamanca and Santona - Newbuilds for Spanish Routes (e-flexers)

1 hour ago, The Ferry Man said:

What was the Cap Finistere flagged as when she came to Portsmouth with the full superfast red hull?

I'm pretty sure she was already French-flagged and registered in Morlaix when she visited Portsmouth that very first time.

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some more

She's  in...

I can confirm, she does fit Millbay (this is from the opposite side of Plymouth Hoe, next to the barracks)    

Posted Images

I am finding this all very confusing now, my source said Galicia's departure on Tuesday evening is at 22:00, Portsmouth QHM says the same, but, PIP's Arrivals/Departures has Galicia down for 13:00 departure. As far as I know, Galicia is due to move from berth 2 to berth 3 at 12:00. Very weird.

Edited by TonyMWeaver
10 hours ago, cvabishop said:

Why all the urgency to get 'first pictures'?

The ship will be in service for many years and there will be plenty of photo opps.

Anyway, modern ferries all look a bit anonymous and I rather think tht prospective travellers will be much more interested in their interior appointments and catering facilities.

I wonder if they will allow kids with bikes trikes and scooters to taz round the Plaza Mayor?

• Haha 1
13 hours ago, cvabishop said:

Why all the urgency to get 'first pictures'?

The ship will be in service for many years and there will be plenty of photo opps.

Anyway, modern ferries all look a bit anonymous and I rather think tht prospective travellers will be much more interested in their interior appointments and catering facilities.

I think there is a difference between those who want to welcome her first arrival and have a  photographic reminder.  And those, if any, who want to be the first ones to post a picture online, treating it as a race.  I do not think anyone here is the latter, but those people exist, they are the ones I feel are a little sad, it is not a race to get their photos in first!

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Ryan_H said:

I'm pretty sure she was already French-flagged and registered in Morlaix when she visited Portsmouth that very first time.

Ah, a Yorkshire flag, though your spelling is out - it's Mor L - E - Y

---

Great pics. She looks more interesting once you see the stern. the blue lines help here. Otherwise I find the E-flexers just a little long a boring. I know, I know, never happy - Bretagne too dumpy, E Flexers too long...

• Haha 2

Surprised she didn't have any flags from her Bow right over her to her stern? Seems a very quiet welcome to her home port!!! 

Must say though she is OK but still not very impressed with how she looks very boring in my opinion. Just seems like a cheap boring Roll on Roll off ferry, nothing seems to stand out on her especially for her to join BF but suppose the days of cruise ferries being unique are long gone it's all about cost today. 

Just now, ross brown said:

Surprised she didn't have any flags from her Bow right over her to her stern? Seems a very quiet welcome to her home port!!! 

Must say though she is OK but still not very impressed with how she looks very boring in my opinion. Just seems like a cheap boring Roll on Roll off ferry, nothing seems to stand out on her especially for her to join BF but suppose the days of cruise ferries being unique are long gone it's all about cost today. 

Remember though, she's still not under BF crew. I suspect if we're going to see her dressed overall it'll be nearer her entry into service. 

• Like 1

Forgot to say she already has rust on her Bow area!! I don't mean around the anchor area that's normal. 

Great paint job!!! 

Maybe one day I will go on her and may change my opinion of her but it's always difficult to judge a vessel from photos we need to see them with our eyes. 

3 minutes ago, Jim said:

Remember though, she's still not under BF crew. I suspect if we're going to see her dressed overall it'll be nearer her entry into service. 

Ahh OK didn't realise that, thanks Jim. 

Just a question why has she got Portsmouth on the side of her not Morlaix? 

First time ever seen a BF ship registered to Portsmouth. Suppose this will be changed once she enters service or will this stay as is? 

Thanks. 

2 minutes ago, ross brown said:

Just a question why has she got Portsmouth on the side of her not Morlaix? 

First time ever seen a BF ship registered to Portsmouth. Suppose this will be changed once she enters service or will this stay as is? 

Thanks. 

You'd need to do a fair bit of scrolling back... but the answer is there. She's currently crewed by an offshoot of Stena with British crew and therefore flagged to a British port. When she's fully handed over she'll be reflagged and the port of registry changed.