Galícia, Salamanca and Santona - Newbuilds for Spanish Routes (e-flexers)

Message added by Jim,

Where's Galicia? You can see the latest AIS tracking map by clicking here!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

She's  in...

I believe anyone wanting such a thing would find one located just off the side of the ship...

Some more

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Paul said:

I'm now up on Plymouth Hoe and Galicia can just be seen on the horizon.

Thankfully it's a nice day as well

A beautiful Autumnal morning - lucky man!

For those not lucky enough to be in Plymouth this morning the MBA webcam should give some nice views of Galicia's arrival. https://www.mba.ac.uk/about/webcam 

• Like 1
Just now, Fine Whine said:

@jonno, not a clue, can't get your facts right, I could never go into business with you, you're fired......🤣

Chris

To be fair, he said that there are two rules that stop it, one being the weight and one of something being blocked, however everything has a price, they will just have to change the rules !

Just now, Khaines said:

She went past Poole then..🤣

I'm not sure if they'd got her into Poole that they'd ever have got her back out... ;)

• Haha 2
20 minutes ago, Fine Whine said:

@jonno, not a clue, can't get your facts right, I could never go into business with you, you're fired......🤣

Chris

More than happy to be wrong Chris... If she can physically get on the berth at Plymouth there's no reason why she won't fit Roscoff. I'd like to see them have a go at least.

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, jonno said:

More than happy to be wrong Chris... If she can physically get on the berth at Plymouth there's no reason why she won't fit Roscoff. I'd like to see them have a go at least.

Taken from the Port de Roscoff website Jonno......

• Un quai d'accostage de 240 mètres spécifiquement réservé aux ferries et équipé d'une passerelle Roll-on Roll-off de 70 mètres de long, à double voie de circulation

240 metre long berth with 70 metre linkspan. She's only just over 10 metres longer than CF so it should be a doddle...

Chris

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
10 hours ago, jonno said:

Both Bilbao & Santander are to get twin loading linkspans. When the new terminal is built in Santander there will be two linkspans to choose from.

I've only known the Cap to be bow on in Santander.

Thanks @jonno, do you know what the timescale for this work is?

15 minutes ago, nick hall said:

Thanks @jonno, do you know what the timescale for this work is?

It was supposed to be completed this year but with Covid who knows? The announcement was made back in 2018 so there should be something on here about it somewhere.

Just for interest, Galicia is travelling at just over 23kts at the moment, anyone know what she managed on her speed tests?

Service speed is supposed to be 22kts.