Galícia, Salamanca and Santona - Newbuilds for Spanish Routes (e-flexers)

Message added by Jim,

Where's Galicia? You can see the latest AIS tracking map by clicking here!

35 minutes ago, jonno said:

Just for interest, Galicia is travelling at just over 23kts at the moment, anyone know what she managed on her speed tests?

Service speed is supposed to be 22kts.

26.6!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

She's  in...

I believe anyone wanting such a thing would find one located just off the side of the ship...

Some more

Posted Images

Just now, colinschandler said:

Did they lower her ramp or just back in and moor up? She looks as though she is right up to the linkspan.

Yes - a few people walked onboard...

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, colinschandler said:

Did they lower her ramp or just back in and moor up? She looks as though she is right up to the linkspan.

As I was leaving to go back to the Hoe, the ramp was just coming down

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Paul said:

As I was leaving to go back to the Hoe, the ramp was just coming down

Thanks for the great photos and from Peter. I guess hf-uk got hi-jacked by the "local night workers", keen to get their hands on his chufty badge!

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, colinschandler said:

Thanks for the great photos and from Peter. I guess hf-uk got hi-jacked by the "local night workers", keen to get their hands on his chufty badge!

image.png.9f0c291d00d04e01e2f442b49116f8a8.png

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, hf_uk said:

26.6!

High water was at 9.43am in Dover this morning (Dover is always used to calculate tide streams so direction/speed at other ports) and she would definitely have benefitted from a slingshot effect coming out of Plymouth. By 13h local time it would be slack and after that coming against her. I would expect speed to dip significantly below 22 knots as she approaches the Breton coast...

Chris

• Like 1

Amongst all of the excitement surrounding Galica, the keel for Brittany Ferries third e-flexer (Santona) was laid today at the CMI Jinling Weihai Shipyard. They're certainly churning this class of ship out at a rate of knots!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, Andy said:

Amongst all of the excitement surrounding Galica, the keel for Brittany Ferries third e-flexer (Santona) was laid today at the CMI Jinling Weihai Shipyard. They're certainly churning this class of ship out at a rate of knots!

Is there a reasonable estimate for number 2 at the moment?

1 hour ago, Andy said:

I think and hope the excitement will be back when people start travelling on her in December, and begin to see all the little things we love to notice about interiors... the staircases, TV's, chair comfort, cabin layout (plugs, soap dishes etc!:)  

2 hours ago, Fine Whine said:

High water was at 9.43am in Dover this morning (Dover is always used to calculate tide streams so direction/speed at other ports) and she would definitely have benefitted from a slingshot effect coming out of Plymouth. By 13h local time it would be slack and after that coming against her. I would expect speed to dip significantly below 22 knots as she approaches the Breton coast...

Chris

Not slowed down that much !!

2 hours ago, Fine Whine said:

Inside ....

Maybe...;)

Good job I don't bet for a living, she's heading outside Ushant....

And going back to tidal streams @seadogif you look carefully she was down to around 18 knots a couple of hours ago but with less than 5 hours until the next high tide in Dover look which way the arrows are now pointing around the Brittany coast....

Chris

B84C2FEB-0FF0-464B-B35A-AC270727310C.png

Edited by Fine Whine
17 minutes ago, PGTV said:

I can confirm, she does fit Millbay (this is from the opposite side of Plymouth Hoe, next to the barracks)

B7BEAFB9-F272-43B4-9B78-90107DC64CDC.jpeg

36F18ACE-54CA-49F1-B4DA-38DFDCAF005A.jpeg

9EC39EF7-D83F-4E0A-8AAD-F7E2C66E7A8B.jpeg

131368D3-78DF-414C-9875-7A489474E283.jpeg

Excellent!

Exactly the bow shot I was wanting to see! Thank you sir.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, PGTV said:

I can confirm, she does fit Millbay (this is from the opposite side of Plymouth Hoe, next to the barracks)

B7BEAFB9-F272-43B4-9B78-90107DC64CDC.jpeg

36F18ACE-54CA-49F1-B4DA-38DFDCAF005A.jpeg

9EC39EF7-D83F-4E0A-8AAD-F7E2C66E7A8B.jpeg

131368D3-78DF-414C-9875-7A489474E283.jpeg

Never had any doubts! You could almost get one of the 240m ones in there :P

12 minutes ago, jonno said:

Excellent!

Exactly the bow shot I was wanting to see! Thank you sir.

Not a problem. 

What wasn’t photographed (or probably mentioned) was in front of the Galicia name on the bow, was a number of delegates having their photos taken in front of her name. This was only possible to see where I was standing.

Also had a good lung full of her fumes...

Someone on the local rag forum said "Foreign crewed ferries, no jobs for British seamen, so who cares?"

Nice attitude. Any idea what BF has brought to the South West over the past 40 years+!?