Galícia, Salamanca and Santona - Newbuilds for Spanish Routes (e-flexers)

1 hour ago, hf_uk said:

I think and hope the excitement will be back when people start travelling on her in December, and begin to see all the little things we love to notice about interiors... the staircases, TV's, chair comfort, cabin layout (plugs, soap dishes etc!:)  

And bread rolls. Don't forget the bread rolls. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

She's  in...

I believe anyone wanting such a thing would find one located just off the side of the ship...

And off she goes...

Posted Images

38 minutes ago, hf_uk said:

Someone on the local rag forum said "Foreign crewed ferries, no jobs for British seamen, so who cares?"

Was it pointed out to the poster that the ferries are all foreign owned as well .

• Like 1
Just now, colinschandler said:

So disappointed that there was no mention on BBC Southwest  (Spotlight) tonight of Galicia s visit to Plymouth. Paul and PGTV should heve sent them their great pics.

It WAS quite well covered (and reasonably accurately) by the local rag journalists tho. Two big articles. Just not from the readers / contributers quite so much. 

4 hours ago, AdamW said:

And bread rolls. Don't forget the bread rolls. 

Yeah, sorry actually bread rolls have been canceled as part of brexit. It's in the Dft contract. Instead, revellers will have try two thin slices of squarely shaped bread to form a kind of base which will aid such things as the manufacturer of a 'Salt n Linekar' for those from the North, or a 'Sausage and onion gravy sandwich', for those who are fans of Red Dwarf 😉

8 minutes ago, hf_uk said:

Yeah, sorry actually bread rolls have been canceled as part of brexit. It's in the Dft contract. Instead, revellers will have try two thin slices of squarely shaped bread to form a kind of base which will aid such things as the manufacturer of a 'Salt n Linekar' for those from the North, or a 'Sausage and onion gravy sandwich', for those who are fans of Red Dwarf 😉

55 minutes ago, hf_uk said:

Salt n Vinegar crisps & banana, now that's a sandwich!

• Haha 1
12 minutes ago, Chef said:

Fifteen minutes to go for Galicia's arrival in Bilbao and no on the horizon photos yet , no ferry twitchers down in Spain !

The Spaniards don't get up until about midday. Be patient. Ed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
55 minutes ago, Chef said:

Fifteen minutes to go for Galicia's arrival in Bilbao and no on the horizon photos yet , no ferry twitchers down in Spain !

42 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

The Spaniards don't get up until about midday. Be patient. Ed. 

Bilbao is not in Spain, it[s in the Basque Country!!!!!!

4 hours ago, Cabin-boy said:

Crumbs! Are we back to bread rolls again?  Ed. 

Yeah back too square 1. Or a two-layer square perhaps, which could be called a sandwich!

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, eddy said:

Bilbao is not in Spain, it[s in the Basque Country!!!!!!

But those things take a while to put on, what with all the straps, and if it's a cold morning, I'm not even sure that Damart do a thermal one🧖‍♀️

• Haha 2
4 hours ago, Khaines said:

For a southerner I quite enjoy northern food.  Especially in the past decade or so, southern tastes have got too poncey in my opinion..😉

Sayer’s cheese & onion pasty, Greggs real sausage roll and a genuine Cornish Pasty. Them’s real snacks put you on till tea time when you can have your lob scouse or fish and chips!

26 minutes ago, JohnMustow said:

Sayer’s cheese & onion pasty, Greggs real sausage roll and a genuine Cornish Pasty. Them’s real snacks put you on till tea time when you can have your lob scouse or fish and chips!

Used to work with a Liverpudlian who would bring in a pan of Scouse she made - always welcome.  Good old Greggs real sausage rolls, very, very partial when the days are REALLY cold

19 hours ago, hf_uk said:

Someone on the local rag forum said "Foreign crewed ferries, no jobs for British seamen, so who cares?"

Nice attitude. Any idea what BF has brought to the South West over the past 40 years+!?

But they have a point to a degree.

I don't think there is anything wrong with imposing crewing rules on regular ferry routes. Brittany Ferries should employ (say) 25% British crew. P&O and DFDS do so on the Dover/Calais route.

But having said that, sodding Brexit would probably mess that up come January!

6 minutes ago, Danim24 said:

I don't think there is anything wrong with imposing crewing rules on regular ferry routes. Brittany Ferries should employ (say) 25% British crew. P&O and DFDS do so on the Dover/Calais route.

Do they? I always thought P&O was predominantly British with the occasional other nationality. I knew DFDS was mixed but thought that was more to do with elements of SeaFrance/Norfolkline heritage than any intentional policy. (Stand to be corrected on this!)