Jump to content

Galícia, Salamanca and Santona - Newbuilds for Spanish Routes (e-flexers)


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, ross brown said:

Has anybody noticed the amount of weird looking plating on the Bow section on both port and starboard sides it's just behind the bow doors but on both sides. 

 

Looks like they have plated it to cover up a hole, LOL only joking. 

Just think it looks terrible! 

 

Cheers. 

You mean the anchor housing?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can confirm, she does fit Millbay (this is from the opposite side of Plymouth Hoe, next to the barracks)    

She's  in...

Some more

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Danim24 said:

You mean the anchor housing?

Hi, here are a few photos. Just looks so odd!!! And a eye sore! It's on both sides port and starboard. 

 

If it's to do with the Anchor housing or strengthening it looks like a terrible job. 

 

As I said before it's as if she has run aground and been patched up, LOL. 

 

[url=https://postimages.org/][img]https://i.postimg.cc/90B3MbnP/FB-IMG-1602843925155.jpg[/img][/url]

 

[url=https://postimages.org/][img]https://i.postimg.cc/FFbXDFHf/FB-IMG-1602843925155-2.jpg[/img][/url]

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, ross brown said:

Hi, here are a few photos. Just looks so odd!!! And a eye sore! It's on both sides port and starboard. 

 

If it's to do with the Anchor housing or strengthening it looks like a terrible job. 

 

As I said before it's as if she has run aground and been patched up, LOL. 

 

[url=https://postimages.org/][img]https://i.postimg.cc/90B3MbnP/FB-IMG-1602843925155.jpg[/img][/url]

 

[url=https://postimages.org/][img]https://i.postimg.cc/FFbXDFHf/FB-IMG-1602843925155-2.jpg[/img][/url]

I can’t see those Ross but here’s one of mine I took on Tuesday - it does look a bit of a patch job I do agree...

Chris

 

image.thumb.png.c0600bb4bfaa0d25cc3c173a08b16ecc.png

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ahh brilliant thanks Fine Whine. 

 

Don't know why my post images didn't work? Not to worry you Sorted it. 

 

Yes this is what I was talking about what have they done it's a terrible job.

Looks Like they have cut the Anchor hole in the wrong place then patched it up and then put the Anchor in the right place, LOL. Joking though. 

I've never seen a new ship like this with plates over lapping like that. 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I noticed that when arriving at Southampton on a large ship that a portable A board (Like an easel) was placed on the dockside to mark the 'Bridge Position'. From where I was, on quite a high deck, I couldn't see if there were permanent markers on the dock showing the location for each ship, or whether it is measured up each time. 

Either way, I was imp[ressed with the willingness to employ old technology where appropriate.

A promos of nothing at all - apart from a commentary on modern technology, I attach the following - to lighten up the mood of much of the posting recently . . . . .

reading.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ross brown said:

Ahh brilliant thanks Fine Whine. 

 

Don't know why my post images didn't work? Not to worry you Sorted it. 

 

Yes this is what I was talking about what have they done it's a terrible job.

Looks Like they have cut the Anchor hole in the wrong place then patched it up and then put the Anchor in the right place, LOL. Joking though. 

I've never seen a new ship like this with plates over lapping like that. 

 

 

 

 

Does Estrid have it too? I can't decide

https://maritime-executive.com/corporate/stena-line-takes-delivery-of-new-ferry-stena-estrid

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Tumnus2010 said:

Extra strengthening for the bay?

Perhaps the naval architect got a fortune cookie after lunch and couldn't decide if 'Take care - new wave coming' referred to COVID or the Bay of Biscay and decided to bung a bit of extra plating on just in case. Ed. 

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

Perhaps the naval architect got a fortune cookie after lunch and couldn't decide if 'Take care - new wave coming' referred to COVID or the Bay of Biscay and decided to bung a bit of extra plating on just in case. Ed. 

Love that very good. He, he! 

 

Who ever decided the Hull passed the QC looks checks needs some new glasses I think! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Fine Whine said:

I can’t see those Ross but here’s one of mine I took on Tuesday - it does look a bit of a patch job I do agree...

Chris

Ah I see now. The Stena ships have it as well, so clearly a design feature. I would suggest some sort of strengthening for the bow door mechanism.

 483874856_StenaEdda2020-10-16164956.jpg.7452f426edbe11e367e0ecc924e0ccb5.jpg

Edited by Guest
Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

OK it must be some sort of design for strength but dam that does look ugly!!!!

Aesthetics in shipbuilding went out of the window years ago. I am currently buidling a model of the liner ss Miltiades of 1903, the last of her type with a bowsprit and figurehead and the essence of elegance with her embellishments.

Shipbuilders had real pride in their work in those days

478px-SS_Miltiades_(crop).png

(DTR)IMG_2806.JPG

Miltiades Bowen Plan.jpg

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Gareth pinned this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...