Galícia, Salamanca and Santona - Newbuilds for Spanish Routes (e-flexers)

Message added by Jim,

Where's Galicia? You can see the latest AIS tracking map by clicking here!

1 hour ago, GFB said:

When will we get a ship plan for Galicia?.  I would love to know where my allocated cabins 0901 and 0905 are located

Have a look at Stena Estrids floor plan I suspect it will not be a lot different.

Edited by JohnMustow
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

She's  in...

I believe anyone wanting such a thing would find one located just off the side of the ship...

Some more

Posted Images

I was looking at the pictures of the cabins & it does seem to use space well with one of the lower beds folding against the wall - do any of the other BF ships do that ?

Making the Commodore cabins 2 berth was also sensible as it will feel more spacious for 2 & if there are more people then the option of the 4 berth club cabin plus purchase of lounge passes would work

14 minutes ago, Fine Whine said:

On deck 9 would be my guess...🤣

Chris

And somewhere between 0900 and 0902 would be my guess for the outbound crossing. 

You don't get this level of expertise on other forums.

Ed

• Haha 3
31 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

And somewhere between 0900 and 0902 would be my guess for the outbound crossing. 

You don't get this level of expertise on other forums.

Ed

Not necessarily, odds could be one side of a corridor and evens the other !

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Fine Whine said:

David's reply has potentially put our level of expertise at the lower end of the scale Ed.....🙃

Chris

I'm crossing my fingers that the cabin doors are staggered on opposite sides of the corridor and that in between 0900 and 0902 you will find 0901. Ed. 

2 hours ago, Fine Whine said:

On deck 9 would be my guess...🤣

Chris

Would it be deck 9, normally the deck number is the first number not second.

18 minutes ago, The Ferry Man said:

Good point - 0901 - deck 0 - you're on the keel!

Yes but if a ferry had 10 decks them they'd need 4 digits which is what has probably happened here to allow the modular design to fit various models. Ed. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Cabin-boy said:

Yes but if a ferry had 10 decks them they'd need 4 digits which is what has probably happened here to allow the modular design to fit various models. Ed. 

Hmm true... Good point.

You my not be on the keel afterall! xD

1 hour ago, Cabin-boy said:

But all of the fleet have the cabins numbered with 4 numbers, starting with the deck number, deck 9 always starts with a 9.

12 minutes ago, Solo said:

But all of the fleet have the cabins numbered with 4 numbers, starting with the deck number, deck 9 always starts with a 9.

But if you have fewer than 100 cabins per deck then you can get away with a different numbering system, can't you?  Ed  

Edited by Cabin-boy

But if you have fewer than 100 cabins per deck then you can get away with a different numbering system, can't you?  Ed  

And that really WOULD b***r up the booking system wouldn't it? Underpopulated numeric boxes all over the database.

Or:  'Oh dear! They've put us on a 3 digit ferry. Aren't those those the ones without waiter restaurants?'

And on the freight only ferries, offended drivers wondering why BF are giving them all two digits...

• Haha 2
14 minutes ago, cvabishop said:

And that really WOULD b***r up the booking system wouldn't it? Underpopulated numeric boxes all over the database.

Or:  'Oh dear! They've put us on a 3 digit ferry. Aren't those those the ones without waiter restaurants?'

And on the freight only ferries, offended drivers wondering why BF are giving them all two digits...

Surely, like in a large hotel, the first two digital are the floor/deck number and the final two are the room/cabin number. Ed. 

Edited by Cabin-boy

The Economie ships Connemara and Etretat have digits and letters, 6A01 and 6B01 etc etc, the system seems to be able to cope with those ok. Bring on the Galicia deck plans BF, I can't cope with this tension, probably won't sleep tonight, need a drink....!

Chris

Just wonder why it is taking so long to publish the deck plans?i know it is not a very important issue but a lot of us would like to see where the cabins are.stay safe

It wasn't too long ago when deck plans didn't show the individual cabin numbers! 

I recall around the time I joined this site the amount of topics in Q&A requesting the location of cabins and there would always be members able to give directions from reception/major stairwell!  

10 minutes ago, nodwad said:

Just wonder why it is taking so long to publish the deck plans?i know it is not a very important issue but a lot of us would like to see where the cabins are.stay safe

The deck plans don't just need to show the cabins but also the food outlets, shops and entertainment facilities. If any of those have specific names then they will need to be included and some details may not yet have been finalised. There is also the possibility that they are implementing one-way systems onboard due to COVID (in the self-service and shopping areas) and these were not included on the draft plans at the design stage. Therefore some updating may be required and we know BF are operating with a reduced workforce right now. I guess that once she's in dry-dock the final touches will be applied to the interior decoration and we will see the plans emerge soon after. Ed. 

2 hours ago, Cabin-boy said:

The deck plans don't just need to show the cabins but also the food outlets, shops and entertainment facilities. If any of those have specific names then they will need to be included and some details may not yet have been finalised. There is also the possibility that they are implementing one-way systems onboard due to COVID (in the self-service and shopping areas) and these were not included on the draft plans at the design stage. Therefore some updating may be required and we know BF are operating with a reduced workforce right now. I guess that once she's in dry-dock the final touches will be applied to the interior decoration and we will see the plans emerge soon after. Ed. 

Very good point in these days of uncertainty.stay safe

Interesting exchange on Twitter where someone was enquiring what the blue flag that Galacia was flying is - it is the Blue Ensign.

I believe that authority to fly that is given to the Master, normally you will see the red ensign.

I assume from the source of some of Tony's pictures that the master is Alon Palmer who is certainly highly qualified - https://uk.linkedin.com/in/alon-palmer-rd-vr-afni-2026bb23

ps and the link seems to be that a vessel commanded by a member of the Royal Navy Reserve can fly it.

Edited by David Williams
1 hour ago, David Williams said:

Interesting exchange on Twitter where someone was enquiring what the blue flag that Galacia was flying is - it is the Blue Ensign.

I believe that authority to fly that is given to the Master, normally you will see the red ensign.

I assume from the source of some of Tony's pictures that the master is Alon Palmer who is certainly highly qualified - https://uk.linkedin.com/in/alon-palmer-rd-vr-afni-2026bb23

ps and the link seems to be that a vessel commanded by a member of the Royal Navy Reserve can fly it.

Correct. Other "owners" may fly the blue, but since the owner is clearly not the skipper in this case, he and a certain number of crew must be RN Reservists. We fly the blue as members of one of a list of Yacht Clubs entitled so to do, under certain conditions. This originated in our vessels being on a list available to be called up by the Admiralty.

• Like 3