Galícia, Salamanca and Santona - Newbuilds for Spanish Routes (e-flexers)

2 minutes ago, Fine Whine said:

Which from distant memory means It goes in one end and almost immediately comes out the other...🙄

Effectivement... Oui.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some more

And off she goes...

I can confirm, she does fit Millbay (this is from the opposite side of Plymouth Hoe, next to the barracks)    

Posted Images

On 21/10/2020 at 12:23, Chef said:

Will the  remainder of the E Flexers be required to carry out berthing trials now that Galicia has been successful at the various ports and leave it at that  .

Unlikely, unless there is a fundamental change to the design. The fact they will be LNG powered shouldn't have any impact though.

• Like 1

Has any Facebook or Twitter user on here asked BF whether there will be 'early boarding' at Cherbourg on Monday evenings in December before the return to Portsmouth? I presume that Monday will be crew change day, but that won't take 16 hours, or whatever.

Note to Chris - Above checked for spelling, sense, apostrophes and split infinitives. Verdict - orl corekt.

11 minutes ago, rogerpatenall said:

Note to Chris - Above checked for spelling, sense, apostrophes and split infinitives. Verdict - orl corekt.

Thanx Rodger, isle try to remmember that the NeX thyme I posst at harf passed midd noit, aft ter too Gee and Tees and mosst of a bottel of Klaret..

Chris

3 hours ago, Fine Whine said:

Thanx Rodger, isle try to remmember that the NeX thyme I posst at harf passed midd noit, aft ter too Gee and Tees and mosst of a bottel of Klaret..

Chris

No stamina these days Chris😂

11 hours ago, rogerpatenall said:

Has any Facebook or Twitter user on here asked BF whether there will be 'early boarding' at Cherbourg on Monday evenings in December before the return to Portsmouth? I presume that Monday will be crew change day, but that won't take 16 hours, or whatever.

I stand to be corrected, but in current circumstances would have thought there would be a preference for passengers to remain in their vehicles for as long as possible.

• Like 1

Galicia is now scheduled to move to Dry Dock No.2 at Astander tomorrow (Tuesday) afternoon at 13:00 local time and is due to remain there until November 16th. As previously mentioned before, she is also due to be re-flagged on Tuesday.

Edited by TonyMWeaver
  • Thanks 1

Galicia was handed over to Brittany Ferries crew this evening at 1800, her official reflagging will take place sometime tomorrow (Wednesday). Galicia is now scheduled to leave the dry dock on November 11th for her inspection by Spanish authorities on November 12th, she'll then head to Cherbourg for the first of her French flag inspections followed by 10 days of crew training, presumably her Le Havre call will be part of that training.

Just now, nick hall said:

I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere but I can't believe there were no Brittany Ferries crew on board when she performed the various berth trials.

There were no Brittany Ferries crews, the delivery voyage and ramp trials were conducted by Northern Marine Ship Management Ltd.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, TonyMWeaver said:

There were no Brittany Ferries crews, the delivery voyage and ramp trials were conducted by Northern Marine Ship Management Ltd.

Surprised at that Tony, but thanks for the clarification.

5 minutes ago, nick hall said:

Surprised at that Tony, but thanks for the clarification.

It's possible that Brittany Ferries crews will do ramp trials as part of the 10 days training, this training is also for the hotel services crews.

• Thanks 1
12 hours ago, TonyMWeaver said:

the other one is a vehicle carrier.

One of Lineas Suardiaz ships which used to ply their trade in the Thames Estuary to Sheerness quite frequently. Not seen much these days.