Galícia, Salamanca and Santona - Newbuilds for Spanish Routes (e-flexers)

Andy

36 minutes ago, Fine Whine said:

Thanks for posting Andy, great video. I’m on her again on the Monday night sailing ex Cherbourg. Pooch will have the luxury of a kennel for this one rather than staying in the car boot. She’ll post a voyage report in due course ....😂🐕‍🦺

Chris

Just heard that M. Macron has announced a France wide Lockdown for your arrival. I guess however that in France a wine emporium would certainly be classed as an ESSENTIAL shop!!😁🍷🍷

20 minutes ago, colinschandler said:

Just heard that M. Macron has announced a France wide Lockdown for your arrival. I guess however that in France a wine emporium would certainly be classed as an ESSENTIAL shop!!😁🍷🍷

Luckily I’m leaving rather than arriving Colin, but it looks as though travel “with a very good reason” is still allowed. 
As you say Caves a Vins are quite definitely an essential service, whether they are frequented or not is a quite different matter ....

But for FYI Roscoff locals are religiously sticking to their minimum 5 a day, and Irish freight drivers through Cherbourg are doing their utmost to support us

Chris

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

People elsewhere are starting to ask questions about dining on board Galicia’s Spanish service once passengers start to pour back on board.

Can one choose what time to take the all inclusive dinner or is one to be given a fixed time slot at check in?  

Is a restaurant with only 140 seats a sensible plan for 1000 + passengers all wanting to claim their “free” dinner?

Is it really a case of eat up and leave within 45 minutes to allow the next batch of passengers to take over a hot seat?

How many sittings will there be in the restaurant before the overflow is sent to sit at small tables in the tapas bar?

Is dinner in La Flora on board Pont  Aven sounding ever more attractive?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, wortley said:

How many sittings will there be in the restaurant before the overflow is sent to sit at small tables in the tapas bar?

Is dinner in La Flora on board Pont  Aven sounding ever more attractive?

I seem to recall them mentioning 2 sittings (allocated at checkin) and that the tapas bar would be used at peak times.

Will La Flora ever reopen ?

Edited by David Williams

3 hours ago, David Williams said:

Will La Flora ever reopen ?

Q... Will I ever be bothered it it does or not?

A... No.

4 hours ago, wortley said:

People elsewhere are starting to ask questions about dining on board Galicia’s Spanish service once passengers start to pour back on board.

Both P&O & DFDS offer the all you can eat style for a fixed price which is highly popular and attracts 98% of those who travel on board. They don't seem to be worried about how many people will be in their eateries at any one time.

All travellers will be heading from a Green country to another Green or at worst Amber country with all of the protocols adhered to having forked out the extra expense of a PCR test. When that time comes I don't really see what the problem is.

You'll have more chance of getting food poisoning.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cabin-boy said:

I've already done that and am looking forward to a new experience. Ed. 

Regulan bloodworm, Loracus devil mite... T'Pol's Vulcan neuro pressure massage?

...you can only pick one.

46 minutes ago, jonno said:

Regulan bloodworm, Loracus devil mite... T'Pol's Vulcan neuro pressure massage?

...you can only pick one.

He`d pick the massage one😁

• 2 months later...
25 minutes ago, David Williams said:

I note that there are some pictures of Galicia in Le Havre in the Gallery - was it a success ?

It was, but due to the danger of internet band width being exceeded, it’s being kept quiet. 🤔

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, jonno said:

Do you think the Zhongxin Drug Store does PCR or antigen tests?

Yes but they are very busy testing all the bears right now. There's a pandaemic going on, if you haven't heard.

Ed

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

Yes but they are very busy testing all the bears right now. There's a pandaemic going on, if you haven't heard.

Ed

Ah, glad you've given me it in black & white.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Cabin-boy said:

Perhaps the speed of the signal is proportional to the speed of the ship.

Ed

I promised not to mention ferry speed again😜

• Like 1