It’s now possible to pre-order a continental breakfast on overnight sailings onboard the Mont St Michel. 

Orders are taking at the information desk and can be collected from the Salon du The the following morning. 

If the trial proves to be popular it will be rolled out onto the Normandie and the rest of the fleet. 

1A87ED38-23F0-432B-8446-497D0178B77F.jpeg

C5378943-3347-4BAB-A491-8620C7065964.jpeg

• Like 1
5 hours ago, TonyMWeaver said:

I did that back in September when I was on board.

First time I had seen it in operation or mentioned on here. Seemed to be a popular option, although breakfast on the Caen route will always be little too early for me! 

Incidentally it was nice to see that the Table d’Hôtes was getting some use by offering meat and cheese platters over a glass of wine. :)

6B27725F-429A-4019-AB5D-BDD749F4115C.jpeg

It's a very good initiative, although I'm afraid for me personally the arrival time is just too early for me contemplate eating - I'd sooner wait till I'm on dry land and fully awake ;)

P&O offer a service on Hull-Zeebrugge where you can pre order hot drinks for the following morning, to be delivered to your cabin - I seem to recall it being quite reasonable.

I’m not suggesting that the motives behind this are cynical, but it wouldn’t surprise me if BF see this as a way of generating a bit more ‘breakfast income’.  Some passengers may have hitherto been put off queueing up to select their choices and then queueing to pay, thinking that time might be tight - this way, you’ve paid, so you’ll take it.

Sounds like a ‘win - win’ to me.

36 minutes ago, Gardian said:

I’m not suggesting that the motives behind this are cynical, but it wouldn’t surprise me if BF see this as a way of generating a bit more ‘breakfast income’.  Some passengers may have hitherto been put off queueing up to select their choices and then queueing to pay, thinking that time might be tight - this way, you’ve paid, so you’ll take it.

It's always a trade off between getting up for breakfast or having longer in bed. The rush for breakfast usually starts once the announcement to vacate cabins has been made, and as you say large queues will tend to put people off, so the more options available the better. This is a similar initiative to that onboard the Armorique where it's possible to get breakfast from the bar. 

I agree that the P&O North sea cabin service is an excellent idea. Its a shame the Caen route doesn't have any Club4 cabins but with all cabins on the Honfleur having TV's I doubt we'll see them anytime soon.

Is the price of this breakfast the same as it would be in the self - service? And I assume you do still have to queue to collect it as they can't actually make you a cup of tea or coffee until you get to the 'salon du the' so there is bound to be a build up of people waiting. Or do they give you a specific time window on your ticket perhaps? If this proves popular then at a certain point the queues for the new option will rival those in the self-service. Perhaps they should only serve continental breakfasts in this way and anyone who wants cooked breakfasts or cereal etc (with an additional croissant if necessary) will then have the self-service to themselves. If would help to spread the load and anyone who wants the full buffet can still go to the formal, waiter-service restaurant as usual. Ed. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

As we always do the overnight to France, P'mouth to Caen, and have breakfast before we set off for Provence or whatever, I wonder if anyone has tried the pre-order service yet, and what your thoughts are?

I'm thinking we might just end up in a queue for the pre-order that's just as long/slow as the normal service?

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/05/2018 at 08:57, almosthere said:

As we always do the overnight to France, P'mouth to Caen, and have breakfast before we set off for Provence or whatever, I wonder if anyone has tried the pre-order service yet, and what your thoughts are?

I'm thinking we might just end up in a queue for the pre-order that's just as long/slow as the normal service?

Nobody tried it then? No observations about queues?

No mention of the service in the online ship (MSM) guide.

Edited by almosthere

If Armorique is offering it I will let you know about it in a week's time, though a  trolley service of coffee and croissants  along the corridor of cheaper cabins might get me out of bed more quickly. 

We're sailing Portsmouth-Caen on Mont St Michel. 

I wonder if anyone has tried the pre-order service yet, and what your thoughts are?

Breakfast out and onboard is very much a treat! I have really enjoyed having a sit down buffet on Bretagne on the way into ST Malo despite having to hold on to you coffee cup at times!

This year I am only returning on the day crossing when I return. Does anyone know if a buffet breakfast is offered after boarding? or is 10:30 really to late!

In my experience it's too late. The restaurant will most likely be closed but the self-service will still be offering breakfast. As you might be on board at 10.00, amd given the ship's time is 9.00 (UK time), the full-English should still be available. Ed. 

20 hours ago, Cabin-boy said:

In my experience it's too late. The restaurant will most likely be closed but the self-service will still be offering breakfast. As you might be on board at 10.00, amd given the ship's time is 9.00 (UK time), the full-English should still be available. Ed. 

Some of us here are talking about breakfast, you know, the meal you have in the morning.

Overnight on P'mouth - Caen, picnic on the quayside,  usually onboard & in bed, often asleep,  by 22.15 BST , ready to get up at 04.45 BST  in Caen (we get at least 6 hours sleep) and have breakfast before setting off......usually disembarked & through passport control by 06.15 BST, & the whole day ahead for our splendid & enjoyable long drive down to wherever. Wouldn't want to do it every day, but it's always a fun start to our holiday. This time next week we'll be setting off for P'mouth within the hour!

Edited by almosthere

Ed is right.  By the time Bretagne loads for her mid-morning sailing from St Malo, breakfast service has stopped.  Certainly in Les Abers, where the buffet would have been earlier in the morning.  You may be able to still get breakfast-related stuff in the self-service (not sure, never been in there at that time), but for the Les Abers buffet, no, as Ed says, it is too late.

The OP & most of us responding to this post refer to MSM, overnight & pre ordering breakfast for the following morning.

How on earth have we got on to Bretagne sailing mid morning to St Malo??

Does anybody actually read or understand any post before they reply to it??

• Haha 1