Manannan

IoMSP Arrow

The Steam Packet Co Freight Vessel MV Arrow has today returned to Portsmouth Port.

I would just like to ask if someone with more knowledge of Portsmouth Port can please tell me which berth she is currently on? Name or number would be very helpful? 

Thanks. 

AIS is showing her on the freight terminal, and not actually berthed in the ferry terminal. Currently sitting on Flathouse Quay.

Unusual - usually when she is early she stays at the St Helens Anchorage. Is it Condor refit time already? doesn't seem long since they were off last.

Thank you. 

She is only in Portsmouth having some maintenance carried out. She will leave in the next couple of days.

1 hour ago, Andy said:

The Arrow is now enroute to Poole. 

Why is she going to Poole?  I thought she usually stood in for Commodore Goodwill and the Goodwill normally operates from Portsmouth.

Could someone please tell me which berth she in on in Poole? Name or number. 

She will remain laid up in Poole until required by the Steam Packet. In the meantime, she is on standby for Condor who have had a few problems lately with their whole fleet. 

Arrow is leaving Poole this afternoon heading to St Malo, then loading trailers for Jersey and Portsmouth before sailing back to Poole on Thursday, I've been told.

Hi All, 

Just a quick post to ask what berth Arrow is now on in Poole? She had been at anchor in Poole Anchorage and returned to Port today, but is now no longer berthed on New Quay. 

Manannan, just out of curiosity, can I ask why you are interested in which berth Arrow is on at specific times of the day/week etc? Thanks, Ed

During her short time at Poole, Arrow has berthed at New Quay South, but on occasions has also gone to the new and as yet unfinished South Quay and ro-ro berth 3 (as well as out to anchor in Poole Bay). Why she went to berth 3 I'm not sure, nor if she in fact lowered her stern door - she may simply have needed to load/unload something.

• Like 1

Please note:  This thread is about the IoMSP vessel Arrow.

The following thread ...

http://bfenthusiasts.com/bfe/topic/11150-poole-harbour-developmement/?page=4

... is for discussion about the South Quay redevelopment at Poole Harbour.

Discussion about BF fleet deployment belongs in the Discussion Board sub-forum.

Off-topic posts in this thread have been removed.

The Arrow has been drafted into service, and is currently heading towards the Channel Islands.

Looks like she is in ballast as she did not go onto one of the RoRo berths in Poole prior to departure.