Sign in to follow this  
Andy

HAIGMNFY

I remember the comedian on the Mont St Michel a couple of years ago saying that Nick Hewer traveled a lot on her and tried to remain inconspicuous which apparently for him wasn’t easy.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, d2frs said:

Who's Nick Hewer?

He presents a program called “Coutdown” and was a judge on the UK version of “The Apprentice”. 

Hes also about 6 feet 7 inches tall.

Edited by neilcvx

Never heard of him.  I thought Richard Whiteley did Countdown.   See you learn something everyday.

I'll have to try and tap him up for a drink then next time I see him at the bar.

• Like 1

It's an abbreviation of Have I Got More News For You, the extended version of HIGNFY. I caught the episode in question on Youtube earlier today and the joke didn't really strike me a particularly funny and the audience didn't seem to be roaring with laughter either. Ed

I think you'll find Richard Whitely died a few years ago. I believe Des Lynam, and maybe someone else, has hosted Countdown since his passing and now Nick Hewer is in charge. Ed

10 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

I think you'll find Richard Whitely died a few years ago. I believe Des Lynam, and maybe someone else, has hosted Countdown since his passing and now Nick Hewer is in charge. Ed

Geoff Sterlling from Sky sports .

Des Lynam died as well?   Blumin eck they are dropping like flies.  Sounds like a dangerous job to do this countdown thing.   

Geoff Sterling,  he sounds like a bloke you could tap up for a drink at the bar though maybe he's more of a DFDS Newhaven kind of man.

On the subject of celebrities on ferries,  I would bet my right arm I saw  David Icke on Barfy last year.   

Has anyone spotted any other celebrities on BF routes?    Maybe Alan Sugar has been spied over loading his plate at the starter buffet on Bretagne?

8 hours ago, d2frs said:

Des Lynam died as well?   Blumin eck they are dropping like flies.  Sounds like a dangerous job to do this countdown thing.   

Geoff Sterling,  he sounds like a bloke you could tap up for a drink at the bar though maybe he's more of a DFDS Newhaven kind of man.

On the subject of celebrities on ferries,  I would bet my right arm I saw  David Icke on Barfy last year.   

Has anyone spotted any other celebrities on BF routes?    Maybe Alan Sugar has been spied over loading his plate at the starter buffet on Bretagne?

No, you misunderstood me. Des is still alive and kicking (well alive at least) at the time of my writing this. Richard is the only presenter to have died as far as I know, although Carol Vorderman's TV career may be giving cause for concern. 

As for David Icke on Barfleur, maybe he's responsible for the wonderful look of the Club-Lounge! I knew all those 80s shell-suits would have to be recycled at some point. :D

Ed