Sign in to follow this  
Jim

A Message from Mike Bevens - for BFE Members

Hi Everyone - I've been asked to post the below on behalf of Mike Bevens, Group Commercial Director from Brittany Ferries, addressed to all BFE Members. (Told you we were being watched ;) )

Dear all

It’s been an eventful year with plenty of uncertainty in politics, in business and our personal lives. But despite this it has been a solid year for Brittany Ferries and next year is already looking encouraging.

So I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for your support and business this year, but I also wanted to inform you of some personal news. After 8 enjoyable years at Brittany Ferries I have made the difficult decision to leave. After Christmas, I will be heading for pastures new, albeit a little closer to my home in Bristol. I will be taking the reins at another travel company, which is not a ferry operator but I’m pleased to say it is a company with connections to France, Spain and Ireland. It’s an exciting new challenge, albeit tinged with a little sadness for what I leave behind. As you know Brittany Ferries is special.

Thank you for all your support, feedback, comments and ideas. They have ranged from the obvious and important to the wacky and somewhat unusual. Many have made me smile. I regularly visit the BFE website and digest what has been said. It’s fantastic to have such an engaged and enthusiastic group of people with a unique interest in Brittany Ferries. I have always valued your input, ideas and constructive criticism and, yes, the complaints.

I have no doubt that Brittany Ferries will continue to thrive, with new ships and continued investment on the horizon. The Honfleur and chartered Stena ferry are going to be fantastic and I look forward to seeing you onboard these ships in the future.

Merci et à bientôt

Mike Bevens

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

Thanks for posting this Jim, and I'm sure all of us at BFE will want to thank Mike for all he has done for the company and to wish him well for the future.

It hasn’t been easy during his 8 year tenure, faced initially with recovery from the 2008 world crash, then internal disputes with the unions and strike in 2012, which wasn’t really resolved until 2014. Things started looking up until the Referendum result.....:S

I’m sure you will be successful at Sawdays, Mike, perhaps with a little more “free rein” than you’ve been allowed in the past.

Chris

And ps, there’s plenty of Cloud Factory Sauvignon Blanc if you are ever in Roscoff!

• Like 2

A very nice touch from Mike sending this message to BFE. 

I'm glad he found the forum informative (and funny) and I'm sure he put some of the comments to good use.

As for TripAdvisor, not many directors of large travel companies interact with their customers on TripAdvisor. It was always great to see that level of dedication to customer service.

His successor has some big boots to fill. Good luck Mike!

• Like 3